ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No ear piece problems so far for me. Headphones are a marked improvement although can still slide out. Need buds!

I had a Black 4 and even fitting screen protectors was a ballache. White from now on. Our iPad 3 is also White.

172 cup
What happened to yours mate? My screen has a wee fit every so often along with the poor speaker quality where I can hear the other person but they can't hear me and vice versa..

White little Kevin.. My misses balls harder than that.. Now has a black 64gig as she lost her black 32gig last sat..

Dropped it at work lol!! I was on te way to put it in the van aswell lol!!!, my brothers on his 2nd aswell his wouldn't ever charge to 100% and never had signal!

182 Cup
Any links to fully working adapters from eBay, don't fancy taking a punt on one and have it only charge and sync and not play music etc, cheers.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Found a black one of these in work last night. In better nick than mine :(

has a hiewj case on it though so is bulky and heavy. Quite happy rolling naked with mine

320d M Sport
Anyone bought a cheap cable for them that works? If so, link?

This is the reply I got, been waiting 5 weeks!

We received the item yesterday , but after me checking it , it cannot play music , its can transfer data , sync and charge . Please advise me if you still need it and i will through in a free 8pin to usb cable for free or if not please advise me the date of purchase and your full name on the Paypal account and i will refund you the money. Sorry for the inconvenience. Its just been a nightmare with my supplier .The only one that will play music is sold at the Apple store .Nobody on ebay will have an adapter that plays music just for your info.

This was for a lighting to 30 pin ADAPTER.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Been running 6.1 B2 (not 6.0.1) for a few days, lots of fixed bugs. Screen issues gone.

As for adapters, i've kitted all my 30 pin gear out with bluetooth adapters. and use official micro USB adapters for charging.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Have had mine up and running 4 days now.
Decided to bung it in a Speck Pixel HD case for it the other day as I was very impressed with the one I had on my 4. Must say this newest one is just as good if not better.

Sod running it naked.

Inferno 182 CUP
Been running 6.1 B2 (not 6.0.1) for a few days, lots of fixed bugs. Screen issues gone.

As for adapters, i've kitted all my 30 pin gear out with bluetooth adapters. and use official micro USB adapters for charging.

any links to one of these bluetooth adapters?

What do they do? - plug into the dock etc and then wirelessly sync via bluetooth to the iPhone?

dk

911 GTS Cab
really hope apple don't block this, I'm still hating the maps, do my head in, I'm a big user of them with my job.

Google is said to be putting the "finishing touches" to a Google Maps application that will work on iPhone, following Apple's controversial decision to drop the service this year.

The Wall Street Journal says that a test version of the Google Maps app has been given to some individuals within the company. It cites "a person with direct knowledge of the matter" as its source.

tech_google_maps_3d.jpg
© Google

Google is said to be putting the "finishing touches" to the app before submitting it for approval to the Apple iTunes Store, the source said.

However, the Journal notes that it is "unclear exactly when that will happen". The paper also did not indicate whether the app would be optimised for iPads.

There is also the question over whether Apple would approve the Google Maps app, as it would compete with its own Maps service that is pre-installed on iPads, iPhones and iPod Touch devices.

An Apple spokesman declined to comment on the report.

A Google spokesman did not confirm the plans but instead said: "We believe Google Maps are the most comprehensive, accurate and easy-to-use maps in the world.

"Our goal is to make Google Maps available to everyone who wants to use it, regardless of device, browser, or operating system."

Apple and Google are locked in a battle for the digital maps market, which is considered a key growth area as people increasingly find places to visit, shop and eat on their mobile devices.

In mid-September, Apple released the iOS 6 mobile operating system that replaced the previous Google Maps app with Apple Maps as the pre-installed service.

tech_apple_wwdc_2012_9.jpg
© Apple

Apple was thought to have been concerned that Google was favouring its own Android mobile software with maps innovations - such as turn-by-turn navigation - and so decided to strike out on its own.

However, the move backfired as Apple's own maps system was hit with widespread criticism, prompting a public apology from Apple chief executive Tim Cook.

Apple's iPhone software boss Scott Forstall refused to apologise publicly for the embarrassment, contributing to Cook's decision to force him out of the company last month.

Maps has now been brought under the responsibility of Apple's executive for software and services Eddy Cue, who is overseeing renewed efforts to fix the bugs and improve the service.

However, Google is now expected to move in with its own iOS maps app, offering turn-by-turn navigation.

While the maps debacle has boosted the profile of Android, the chance to reach Apple's massive iDevice user base with Google Maps is likely to prove more alluring for the search giant.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Check the App Store now there's an app called maps+ that incorporates both apples and googles maps ......

dk

911 GTS Cab
Check the App Store now there's an app called maps+ that incorporates both apples and googles maps ......
It's not great, no street view and they have an issue where they can only do 100k searches a days with google, so I can't search.....

dk

911 GTS Cab
Web app has street view use that
I couldn't find it last time I used it, just found that you need to either do a search or click on a pint of interest first. So I guess the only thing it's missing is the ability to hold your finger somewhere to set a point without knowing the address and searching for it.

Thanks for the heads up though, I'd missed that, is it a new addition or has it always been there since the app went?

First thoughts on the 5 - light, fast, etc.

Is it me or is the volume you hear within the phone ( ie when you're ringing and talking to somebody ) really REALLY low? - i'm struggling to hear people.

The volume is max - any other settings that might help?