ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
This is the reply I got, been waiting 5 weeks!

We received the item yesterday , but after me checking it , it cannot play music , its can transfer data , sync and charge . Please advise me if you still need it and i will through in a free 8pin to usb cable for free or if not please advise me the date of purchase and your full name on the Paypal account and i will refund you the money. Sorry for the inconvenience. Its just been a nightmare with my supplier .The only one that will play music is sold at the Apple store .Nobody on ebay will have an adapter that plays music just for your info.

This was for a lighting to 30 pin ADAPTER.

Anybody got an update on this please? ie is the Apple adapter the only one that supports audio atm

Got my black 16gb last week and very happy with it. Seems much faster/slicker when using it then my 4 that its replaced.

cheers
George

Honda & VW
Got mine yesterday, first impressions are it seems quicker. However would any new iPhone appear so compared to my 2 year old 4?
looks nicer but it just seems pretty much exact to my old 4!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mine turned up yesterday, took it out the box and switched it on, thats it so far. Case turns up tomo so will sort everything out then. G/f thinks im a headcase for waiting for a case but meh! bothered. Looks good though and very light.

Make it 'develop' a fault - Apple, new handset Mr Eves.

They may not replace it, when I took my 4 for a warranty job they said I had obviously looked after it so had no problem replacing it, the bloke on the Genius Bar said they can refuse to take them in if they look mistreated regardless if the damage is not related to the fault

ST
They may not replace it, when I took my 4 for a warranty job they said I had obviously looked after it so had no problem replacing it, the bloke on the Genius Bar said they can refuse to take them in if they look mistreated regardless if the damage is not related to the fault

Wear and tear, pocket marks etc.. Blatant mistreatment I can understand. If you go in and say its dropping calls or randomly vibrating or the likes, new phone.. It's a 500+ device, they barely question it, if the 'genius' is a jobs-worth stand your ground and say its unacceptable.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Make it 'develop' a fault - Apple, new handset Mr Eves.

Ill wait a few weeks till they have a load in stock and ill do just that haha.....

What's the best blag then ?? Fuzzy speaker or dropping calls etc ?

ST
Ill wait a few weeks till they have a load in stock and ill do just that haha.....

What's the best blag then ?? Fuzzy speaker or dropping calls etc ?

Most stores have them mate, just ring round and make sure, book an appointment.

There's loads of cause for warranty replacement, but yeah call dropping, poor speaker quality.

ST
No probs mate.

Regards the warranty claim - 'you calling me a liar' - Apple would rather appease the customer than it go any further, they take customer service VERY serious.

Evo 5 RS
Left mine on charge yesterday evening. Took it off charge before I clocked off at midnight, wake up this morning and its flat as a pancake. Concerned yes

Golf R32
Left mine on charge yesterday evening. Took it off charge before I clocked off at midnight, wake up this morning and its flat as a pancake. Concerned yes

I've had this once before with both the 4 and the 4S not long after getting them. The first time it happened to me I'd left it on charge over night, went out to meet a friend in a part of London I don't know and it died whilst I was out leaving me stranded with no way to contact my mate. When I got home I checked the cable and stuck it on charge again, but nothing. Plugged it via a different Apple USB cable to my PC and nothing. Plugged it back into the main over night, but next morning still nothing. Took it to an Apple store were they just plugged it straight in and it came to life :S

ST

Do you live in a low sig area?
e9ujehuz.jpg

Thinking about getting a 5, just wondering what 'extras' I'll need (cba going through 57 pages in this thread). What does it come with to charge it? What will I need to buy to plug it in to the mains?