ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  Revels Mum & Sister
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9 00:01am UK Time. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

On paper the S3 etc I guess do look better. I have owned various Android and iPhones and I always come back to the iPhone. My mother has just got a S3 and she loves it. I just find it way too big and plastic like. It is a good phone no doubting that.

For me I just love the design of the iphone and the feel of a solid lump of phone. It just works as well and always has. Sure there are restrictions but nothing to lose sleep over and with iOS 6 coming it looks to be even better.

Haters gonna hate simple as that but there is a massive reason why Apple make so much money and that is their products do as they say they will and look/feel amazing.

People moaning about lack of NFC etc are just clutching at straws. Inclusion of features that are basically pointless or have little application in the real world being shoe horned into phones as a gimmick rather than making the overall experience spot on.

What Apple does it get what people use their devices for absolutely bang on... IMO of course.

If the iPhone is too expensive, not a big enough jump in tech etc then simply do not buy it. Not hard really. Also people moaning about the extra cost. When your dropping £500+ on a phone does £30 really matter.....

Revels Mum & Sister

Hmmms. I onl have 5GB left on my 16GB. Maybe it's time to jump to slightly-more-manly-spec.

I have been thinking this as well to be honest... 32GB for me this time. 64GB would be overkill and just bump the cost up.

Fiesta ST3

dont flame me if this is wrong as its taken of another forum but if its correct the wow.......
there expensive

"Just phoned my local Apple store to check on pricing for the 5 - Ouch!!

They've upped the prices from the 4S:

16GB = £529
32GB = £699
64GB = £799"

:eek:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

On paper the S3 etc I guess do look better. I have owned various Android and iPhones and I always come back to the iPhone. My mother has just got a S3 and she loves it. I just find it way too big and plastic like. It is a good phone no doubting that.

For me I just love the design of the iphone and the feel of a solid lump of phone. It just works as well and always has. Sure there are restrictions but nothing to lose sleep over and with iOS 6 coming it looks to be even better.

Haters gonna hate simple as that but there is a massive reason why Apple make so much money and that is their products do as they say they will and look/feel amazing.

People moaning about lack of NFC etc are just clutching at straws. Inclusion of features that are basically pointless or have little application in the real world being shoe horned into phones as a gimmick rather than making the overall experience spot on.

What Apple does it get what people use their devices for absolutely bang on... IMO of course.

If the iPhone is too expensive, not a big enough jump in tech etc then simply do not buy it. Not hard really. Also people moaning about the extra cost. When your dropping £500+ on a phone does £30 really matter.....

To be honest i agree with all of that. I was going to get a S3 the other day to replace my 4s and although the Samsung is better imo its not for what i need. A iphone has a quality that cant be matched. yet. After getting hands on with a S3 it felt "cheap".

Unrelated - I remember buying a Nokia phone 8/9 years ago, where the camera was EXTERNAL on an adapter. Paid £500.

T-Mobile, Orange and EE pricing and availability details to be announced today apparently.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

dont flame me if this is wrong as its taken of another forum but if its correct the wow.......
there expensive

"Just phoned my local Apple store to check on pricing for the 5 - Ouch!!

They've upped the prices from the 4S:

16GB = £529
32GB = £699
64GB = £799"

:eek:

Those prices aren't correct. They're on the official Apple site.

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone/compare

32GB = £599
64GB = £699

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

To be honest i agree with all of that. I was going to get a S3 the other day to replace my 4s and although the Samsung is better imo its not for what i need. A iphone has a quality that cant be matched. yet. After getting hands on with a S3 it felt "cheap".

This is why I have stuck with iPhones too, they just feel better made.

I dont care if another phone is faster TBH as mine is fast enough, like I dont need a daily driver that does 0-60 in 1.5 seconds either.

£699 for 32GB?!

Nah. I don't think so. I'll stick to 16GB and I'll just delete some of my Britney albums.

That extra £160 would buy me a touch/nano :S

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

£699 for 32GB?!

Nah. I don't think so. I'll stick to 16GB and I'll just delete some of my Britney albums.

That extra £160 would buy me a touch/nano :S

It's £599 mate.

Ahh okay. That's better then.

GiffGaff clearly suck. That's going to piss a lot of people off.

182 Cup

I think I'll hang onto my 4S, unless I can brag a freebie through work. The bigger battery appeals, but that's really about it for me.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Monthly O2 simplicity for the time being I guess

I'm on that anyway. £10 a month for unlimited texts. Does me. So do they do these nano cards?

2014 Clio 200t edc

This has to be the first iPhone that I dont want, apart from the screen I can't see it being a worthwhile upgrade from my 4s. Think I'll wait for the 5s...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

They're just micro sims.

Fiesta ST3

do you think you could order a sim at the same time as the phone theres options there if you look at the 4s?

182 Cup

I don't really like the nano, except as a starter in a restaurant.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

People were phoning customer services while the keynote was still on. Lol.

Sure, the top people at o2 will have known and have them ordered but call centre monkeys aren't going to have a clue.

I'm sure in the next few days there will be a form on the website/you'll be able to pick one up from a store.

Oh dear.

Giffgaff blog is saying it maybe months, not weeks until they can offer nano sims. Someone has tried chopping down a micro sim (which is very tricky and would not recommend as it looks like one tiny slip ad your sim is buggered), which has worked, before it has come to light that the nano sim is also thinner!

Looks like im back to three and their £15 a month all you can eat data package.

I lost my old ipod the other day - was a gen 3 or 4 before they made the small square touch one... perfect excuse to get the new one! Although im probably better off just getting a bigger capacity iphone 5 and using that on my way to work!

Oh dear.

Giffgaff blog is saying it maybe months, not weeks until they can offer nano sims. Someone has tried chopping down a micro sim (which is very tricky and would not recommend as it looks like one tiny slip ad your sim is buggered), which has worked, before it has come to light that the nano sim is also thinner!

Looks like im back to three and their £15 a month all you can eat data package.

I lost my old ipod the other day - was a gen 3 or 4 before they made the small square touch one... perfect excuse to get the new one! Although im probably better off just getting a bigger capacity iphone 5 and using that on my way to work!

I don't think you can cut it down..

nano-SIM.jpg

The whole gold bit of the micro is bigger than the nano.

Might as well have an ipad than one of those 2 monsters - would need the same size pocket!

DB.

BMW 440i

That's why I don't f*ck with inferior companies like GiffGaff. O2 or Orange for me.

An orange one

IIRC the world is going to end this December anyways so we're all fucked!

May as well go 64GB

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

IIRC the world is going to end this December anyways so we're all f**ked!

May as well go 64GB

Yes. Take more picture and videos of things that will be destroyed in December anyway.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

F*ck GiffGaff and just go with o2 Simplicity for £10 a month.

That's why I don't f*ck with inferior companies like GiffGaff. O2 or Orange for me.

Three for me, just cant live without unlimited data for my train journies each day - plus no wifi at work!

F*ck GiffGaff and just go with o2 Simplicity for £10 a month.

500MB data - f**k that!!! I use 2GB+ a month!

LY 182

You don't even get 500MB data with the cheapest Simplicity. £10.50 per month = 100MB data. Woeful.