ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  Audi S1
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9 00:01am UK Time. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

I didn't have a f*cking clue.

What I meant was if Revels was sending me texts in iMessage was he getting them for free whereas I was being charged for mine (not that I was anyway, but using that logic.)

Also, to add to that, he referred to me as a pikey earlier as I wasn't on it, but with that in mind, surely getting things for free is pikey, and I was paying. So he's the pikey.

Done.

iMessage only works on iDevices. So if you don't have one of those... your both sending via SMS, therefore paying. Or coming out of your text allowance.

It isn't that complicated :rasp:

BG 182

well ive got max £180 for each Iphone 5 that i get (mine and the missus) im open to a 24 month contract on the lowest price i can get, O2 look to have some set prices but phone cost TBA http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/iphone-5

im not queing again like i did for the 4! my missus is 38 weeks pregnant, prob get to the front of the queue and she'll call me to say my boy is route!! carphone warehouse's £29 reservation offer is good tho, may take it up if theres any left.

Audi S1

guys on a more serious note what the f**k are people going to do that are on lesser known carriers like myself (tesco) who 1 million percent won't have nano sims for launch??

Either wait or move to a different carrier.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

Me either, since iMessage I've gone from sending nearly 4,000 texts a month

For someone that doesn't have any friends thats 5.5 text messages every single hour of every single day. You need a girlfriend mate.

182 RB FF

What I meant was if Revels was sending me texts in iMessage was he getting them for free whereas I was being charged for mine (not that I was anyway, but using that logic.)

Also, to add to that, he referred to me as a pikey earlier as I wasn't on it, but with that in mind, surely getting things for free is pikey, and I was paying. So he's the pikey.

Done.

Revels just got Merked!

I liked the idea of the iPhone 5, but personally for me the S3 outweight it's bonuses.

Just ordered one for free @ £26/m for 2years, 300 minutes, unlimited texts & 750mb internet. That'll do.

Done.

You make a good point. Pikey.

DB.

BMW 440i

I liked the idea of the iPhone 5, but personally for me the S3 outweight it's bonuses.

Just ordered one for free @ £26/m for 2years, 300 minutes, unlimited texts & 750mb internet. That'll do.

Think you're in the wrong thread. This is about the iPhone 5 mate.

Iv just been down the 3 store to get my nano sim. f**k me it's small! Woman in the 3 store said they are doing 4g speeds aswell as orange and Tmobile...

Audi S1

I would have thought Apple would have sent a Nano SIM out with every purchase and then you register with the carrier of your choice.

It does say this on the Apple store iPhone 5 FAQ
Where can I get a micro-SIM or nano-SIM card?

If you choose Pay as you go when you buy a new iPhone from the Apple Online Store, it will arrive with a micro-SIM or nano-SIM pre-loaded with call minutes, texts and data. (Pay as you go SIM cards may not be available for all iPhone models.) Or you can get a micro-SIM or nano-SIM card from any carrier offering iPhone plans.

Tempted to order my nano sim from three, but wouldn't be able to use it in my 4s!

There's an advert in todays Daily Mail (Not my paper)

"Get your nano sim"

Unlimited texts.
Unlimited calls.
1GB data.

£20 from o2.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Apparently Shaunbrass has 3 nano sims under his bed.

Lucky sod.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

Just reading up on the UK 4G network.

Only Orange, T-Mobile (Essentially Everything everywhere) and 3 will have 4G coverage that'll work with the iPhone 5? Not good that.

Might see what sorta deals EE are offering and swap from O2 to them.

DB.

BMW 440i

Wonder if that will reflect in the EEE VS O2 and Voda pricing strategies.

F82 M4

I haven't read the thread but this has probably been covered.

I've noticed a lot of moaning about the 5 not really being all that different. At the end of the day Apple is a business. As long as they keep putting their logo on the product people will buy it. There's no point in them making an "unbelievable" phone because it's going to cost them far greater to make an even better one after that. They may as well keep churning out slightly better phones that are easier and cheaper to "beat" with their next upgrade ie. iPhone 5S as people will still buy it. If you want Apple to make something terrific you need to stop buying their products imo.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah this poor update, pants iPhone5 will still outstrip sales of any single phone ever released. Go figure.

DB.

BMW 440i

Reading through comments on news articles/forums etc.

There is a real marmite feeling towards Apple. Some love it, some hate it and hate the control they put on certain aspects of the business and the pricing. I don't like most other phone manufacturers, but I don't feel the need to b**ch none stop like these lot.

Too much time on their hands!

Revels Mum & Sister

I agree to some extent but what they have packaged into that form factor is pretty damn impressive even down to the assembly method and machining etc.

You can be sure they not just sat about doing nothing and have invested massive massive sums of cash into tooling, design etc etc. Probably a lot more than any other manufacturer. They seem to focus on a few things a time and doing them very well. Rather than chucking everything including the kitchen sink at it and have lots of features which work ok most of the time.

As with all tech their are teething problems but generally they just work.

Ged

PD130 Peach
Cba to read 34 tapatalk pages. But has the issue (in my head) of the dock connector come into it... Wait before you rage...

I accept it's smaller. Fine. But wonder how strong it is. Like on one of my docks where it's just the connector that holds the phone upright, this less surface area might struggle. And the adapter, well that's going to make centre of gravity even higher!

Time will tell but a small knock might snap the connector IMO

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

I've not read the full thread but at what time will the order banks open tomorrow for the sim-free phones pre-orders?

An orange one

Nothing seems official wether it's 00:01 or 8am or 9am....

DB.

BMW 440i

I think it will be 8am.

DB.

BMW 440i

Going to have to purchase another Screen protector and case this time due to the different dimensions.

Apple Screen protectors FTW. Wish they did a glossy finish as opposed to the anti glaze one though.

I think last year it was 9:00am.

Happy to be proven wrong though.

DB.

BMW 440i

Correct actually Jay. Then it was late by about half hour, or that was how long it took me to successfully get through anyway!

An orange one

Would be nice to know do I don't sit up till midnight for nothing!

Yea, from what I remember, 8am was the rumoured time (due to that being 00:00 in LA), but they went on sale at 9am UK time.

Took me about 20mins IIRC to get through due to traffic on the website.

I'm going to wait until Tesco Mobile release their tariffs tbh. Was originally on a 12 month contract with them, which ran out in March. I then went onto a rolling contract, in anticipation of this event... Be rude not to try and get another 12 month deal with them.

DB.

BMW 440i

Would be nice to know do I don't sit up till midnight for nothing!

I physically can't get to sleep before midnight, no matter how hard I try lol!

1am-2am at least.

Hoping it's 8am, but still no official word from apple about the GMT time :(

320d M Sport
Just reading up on the UK 4G network.

Only Orange, T-Mobile (Essentially Everything everywhere) and 3 will have 4G coverage that'll work with the iPhone 5? Not good that.

Might see what sorta deals EE are offering and swap from O2 to them.

So, anyone have any idea when 4g comes to O2 then?