ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9 00:01am UK Time. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

T-Mobiles current sim only plans look pretty good tbh. Though they are the existing ones. Can imagine they'll change them up a bit when the 5 is out.

Fiesta ST-3

So I've just come off web chat with Vodafone.

They can confirm that purchasing any sim only plan will send out a mirco sim. Upon it's arrival you are to request a nano sim which will then be dispatched on the 21st.

DB.

BMW 440i

Wonder if the below means mid contract they up the prices by £5-£10 per month?

From Orange....

"When 4G launches, you'll need a compatible 4G plan."

Apple representative today 1PM - "Online ordering will start at 00:01am"

Apple representative today 6PM - "We don't have the details of when the ordering will start"

:rolleyes:

An orange one

Apple representative today 1PM - "Online ordering will start at 00:01am"

Apple representative today 6PM - "We don't have the details of when the ordering will start"

:rolleyes:

I hope we get some advance warning at least....

I wonder how easy the nano SIM will be to get hold of, and transfer my number over.

See what tomorrow brings with networks announcing.

So I've just come off web chat with Vodafone.

They can confirm that purchasing any sim only plan will send out a mirco sim. Upon it's arrival you are to request a nano sim which will then be dispatched on the 21st.
So you need a different sim for the 5?!
I must have missed that part...

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

Never owned a iPhone but the bigger screen and gfx has sort of tempted me

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If I upgrade through Vodafone how do they go about transferring the number to the new nano-sim? Simply phone up after it's in the phone?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I collected my nano sim from Three today, should have cost £5.11 but I was given it for free :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347557257.790953.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i

If I upgrade through Vodafone how do they go about transferring the number to the new nano-sim? Simply phone up after it's in the phone?

Last year when going from my 3GS normal sim to 4S sim, it happened after about 24-48 hours of agreeing for them to change it

DB.

BMW 440i

This is a bit silly surely, so basically, anyone. lol

• Who can pre-order the new iPhone on O2?

O2 Pay Monthly customers eligible for an upgrade.
    O2 Business customers eligible for contract renewal.
    Existing O2 Pay & Go customers that want to join Pay Monthly. But we won't be offering Pay & Go until launch day.
    New customers that want to join O2 on Pay Monthly or Business.

• Who can buy the new iPhone on O2 at launch?

Available for everyone, new and existing.
    Existing Business customers eligible for a contract renewal. If you have an Account Manager or Business Partner please contact them directly.
    Business customers new to O2 can get the new phone on launch day in store or online.

SQ5
Surely you'd just buy it from Apple if on pay and go? Are people still on pay and go except old people?

Think I am going to pre order the iPhone 5 16gb version as I only put a few playlists on my phone and mainly use my 64gb iPad in the car,

I think the 5 looks brilliant to be fair and can justify the price as I have the 4 still and it has served me very well, only thing is the micro sim need to know if tesco are getting them in ASAP,

I don't think I will stray from iPhones now they do everything I want or have needed, no doubt the galaxy is a brilliant phone but there is something about apple that appeals to me more may be the aesthetic quality

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

Just reading up on the UK 4G network.

Only Orange, T-Mobile (Essentially Everything everywhere) and 3 will have 4G coverage that'll work with the iPhone 5? Not good that.

Might see what sorta deals EE are offering and swap from O2 to them.

I have read this too. I am not sure about going with o2 this year. Thinking a bit down the line I think it would be more sensible to go with Orange/EE

From EE's website:
Orange and T-Mobile iPhone 5 customers will also be able to move to EE – to get superfast 4G – when it launches in the coming weeks. They can register their interest at
www.ee.co.uk

Last edited:

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

I have read this too. I am not sure about going with o2 this year. Thinking a bit down the line I think it would be more sensible to go with Orange/EE

Im in the same boat. Will see their tariffs and decide from there.

DB.

BMW 440i

You won't see the 4G tariff's until it comes out though.

So you would be mid contract and then they say, in order for 4G, pay £X.XX more per month.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I take it all the new phones purchased will be unlocked? I'll prob keep my sim only O2 deal and switch to orange when they release the 4g network.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

You won't see the 4G tariff's until it comes out though.

So you would be mid contract and then they say, in order for 4G, pay £X.XX more per month.

Not a problem if your a month rolling contract.

Clio 172 cup

Im guessing the reason apple have given no spec regarding the A6 chip in the iPhone 5 is that its still only duel core??

Last edited by a moderator:
According to O2, nano sims will be IN the box. A first for any phone?!

“@O2: @vCJv The sim will be in the box for you to transfer your account onto Chris!”

DB.

BMW 440i

Not a problem if your a month rolling contract.

It's not a problem if you're in a 24 month contract with Orange/T Mobile (EE) anyway. As they will just add a few quid onto the bill.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Nano sim installed and active in my 4S, iOS 6 installed and working too.

182 Cup

“@O2: @vCJv The sim will be in the box for you to transfer your account onto Chris!”

Does this mean I can just transfer my current contract onto it as I've got 6months left to run on my current contract

White APE
This may have been said but it's hard to find all the info in here.
When's the new nano available? Need a new iPod and quite like the look of the new one.

182 Cup

Also on pre order from the 14th, time not sure still. I'm going to upgrade my ten year old iPod to the new iPod touch it'll also keep me busy while I work out how and when to get the iphone5.

dk

911 GTS Cab

they probably will be if you buy the phone from o2, but i doubt it will have one from apple (unless you buy the o2 PAYG model from them), sims are branded, so i just can't see there being a generic one in the box.

TM and Orange stores will be able to pre-order tomorrow morning, £25 refundable deposit.

FLOL at that link! Actual FLOL! If I wasn't busy with other stuff, I'd hunt that guy down and burn him. What an utter prick.