ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

Im not quite sure why people are complaining about it not being much of an upgrade, what more can you fit and do in such a small form factor?!

Where's the f*cking fingerprint recognition? FFS. I'm out.

Mercedes

I am waiting to see what Vodafone offer i took the 4S on a 12 month Deal, and will do the same with the 5, Think i am going to go for 64 Black

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I am waiting to see what Vodafone offer i took the 4S on a 12 month Deal, and will do the same with the 5, Think i am going to go for 64 Black

Racist. 32GB for me. I've coped with the 16GB 3GS for long enough, it's done me well as far as storage is concerned. Music, Apps, Vids and p**n - now in widescreen. Job done.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Quite possibly Brad, but white is undeniably cleaner.

iphone_5_hands-on_sg_13.jpg

iphone_5_hands-on_sg_101.jpg

I really can't see what is to get excited about this phone apart from a nice aluminium case? Other than Apple's own spiel, e.g. "this is the best thing EVER!" I can't see any real advances over the 4S.

No doubt it will still sell well, but there really is no significant advantage over the Android sets now.

Not trying to be controversial here at all - just can't see how it has generated so much excitement on here for what it actually is?!

If you're on a 4 or lower it's a fantastic upgrade - how much better than a 4s? i wouldn't know.

End of the day folks you pays your monies and take your choice.....i'll let the rush die down/nice case to come out/any issues resolved and see what deals are around before i upgrade...will be this side of Xmas though for sure.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

not as earch shattering as pervious ones, but you really get to a point where there isnt a whole lot more to do

ill be getting one for sure as im due anyway. white for me i think

I really can't see what is to get excited about this phone apart from a nice aluminium case? Other than Apple's own spiel, e.g. "this is the best thing EVER!" I can't see any real advances over the 4S.

No doubt it will still sell well, but there really is no significant advantage over the Android sets now.

Not trying to be controversial here at all - just can't see how it has generated so much excitement on here for what it actually is?!

They've made the best phone better. What more can they do?

I don't really think there's anything that can make it 'WOW' anymore.

I think the biggest change over the years has been the retina display and yet some people still claimed there wasn't much difference there and that Apple have dropped the ball.

It is better. It's going to perform better. It's got a bigger/better screen. It's got a better camera. LTE. Better battery. Redesigned shell. Yet people still want more?

NFC is a gimmick and had they included it, nobody would be using it. Wireless charging still needs a plug and a cable for the pad. People will still want a cable to sync with iTunes. They can't win.

It's always going to be evolution and has been for years. 2007 was the revolution. Spec is irrelevant.

Like losing signal when your hand covers the lower half of the handset?

Which is a good place to hold the phone.

Just whatever mate.....do you know for sure it won't have any issues? I for sure don't. :p

For anyone wondering, 02 have just told me that a Nano-SIM will come included with the iPhone 5, so there is no need to order one.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

not as earch shattering as pervious ones, but you really get to a point where there isnt a whole lot more to do

ill be getting one for sure as im due anyway. white for me i think

Good, because I'm getting black. Lol.

And this is where I am.

After upgrading each year for the last 4/5 years, I'm less excited by the changes. Maybe I'm getting old.

It's still the best phone on the market, and it's better than my 4S without a doubt.

I'm still finding the sulking on various forums about the plug connector amusing as hell. What did these people do in the era of VHS/Betamax and did they have the same full on melt down when someone showed then a scart or HDMI lead for the first time.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Which is a good place to hold the phone.

Just whatever mate.....do you know for sure it won't have any issues? I for sure don't. :p

Nope. I just hope they've tested it for long periods of time.

BG 182

They've made the best phone better. What more can they do?

I think the biggest change over the years has been the retina display and yet some people still claimed there wasn't much difference there and that Apple have dropped the ball.

It is better. It's going to perform better. It's got a bigger/better screen. It's got a better camera. LTE. Better battery. Redesigned shell. Yet people still want more?

NFC is a gimmick and had they included it, nobody would be using it. Wireless charging still needs a plug and a cable for the pad. People will still want a cable to sync with iTunes. They can't win.

It's always going to be evolution and has been for years. 2007 was the revolution. Spec is irrelevant.

This is my exact argument at work for when we have the new iphone debate. im the fanboy at work and most of my team have iphones but 3 out of 6 have gone from 3gs to samsung/sony/htc. Im trying to convert them back but they say its not worth it and their curent S2/sony does the same job and that the 5 isnt an upgrade. Of course it an upgrade, im not going to lie the s3 on paper makes the 5 not look as good, but its far superior in everyway

the manufacturing of the phone itself is awesome

Fiesta ST-2
I think it's ridiculous 32gb isn't the standard memory, 16gb doesn't last long now with pictures, videos and game file sizes increasing, some games are 2gb alone.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9 00:01am UK Time. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

I think it's ridiculous 32gb isn't the standard memory, 16gb doesn't last long now with pictures, videos and game file sizes increasing, some games are 2gb alone.

Well, for those that aren't interested in the videos it's a decent base, I guess. Although yes, with 1080p HD recording I guess the file sizes will be quite big for some of the files.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm really past caring if people think it's wow or not. Like it or not it's the best phone since the mobile phone was invented. It has made the best phone ever made better again.

The sales again will show this. If you ask a lot of S3 owners if money was no object, they'd buy the iPhone. It's a stunning piece of tech and a beautiful design not made from recycled cups.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I'm really past caring if people think it's wow or not. Like it or not it's the best phone since the mobile phone was invented. It has made the best phone ever made better again.

The sales again will show this. If you ask a lot of S3 owners if money was no object, they'd buy the iPhone. It's a stunning piece of tech and a beautiful design not made from recycled cups.

Whilst I agree, I don't think you can call it the best mobile phone since the mobile phone was invented. A phone's primarily function is for making and receiving calls. It's probably the best mobile gadget with a phone built in, though.

182 RB FF

The S3 feels flimsy/cheap as f**k in your hand.

Fiesta ST-2
Well, for those that aren't interested in the videos it's a decent base, I guess. Although yes, with 1080p HD recording I guess the file sizes will be quite big for some of the files.

Saying that, I guess it's easy enough to free space up by using the cloud or online storage.

Hmmms. I onl have 5GB left on my 16GB. Maybe it's time to jump to slightly-more-manly-spec.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Saying that, I guess it's easy enough to free space up by using the cloud or online storage.

Yes, but even with that in mind, there should still be ample storage space on a device. That's like having a 1GB hard drive on your PC/Mac because you are always transferring your files to another storage facility. I'd rather have a large capacity base and store most things on it than needing to constantly send files elsewhere because I'm running out of space.

16GB is quite decent, but like I said, with HD recording and 8MP images, the file sizes will build up very quickly and space be destroyed. That's the Galaxy and space destroyed. We're f*cked.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'm still finding the sulking on various forums about the plug connector amusing as hell. What did these people do in the era of VHS/Betamax and did they have the same full on melt down when someone showed then a scart or HDMI lead for the first time.

I think I you took all the opinions on the phone, you'd find that everybody wanted it to be different, as long as it was the same.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I don't think that's exactly fair.

I own a 4S and I've updated on every update cycle, not necessarily because of new hardware, but because the user experience was so good.

Apple have a problem with iOS though, iOS6 is to all intents and purposes iOS5 but worse. They've pretty much done nothing to the OS and in terms of "user experience" (pure) Android is catching them at a frightening rate, this is the biggest stagnation in their OS since release.

If the S3 were a pure google experience device, I'd buy one today, it's not, so I wont. I will be switching to a google experience device when the next wave of devices are released though, something if you'd have asked me a year ago I'd have laughed at.

Maps in iOS6 are just awful. awful. awful. awful.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Ive only used a few GB on my 4S 16GB, I dont really see why people who dont want millions of videos and pictures on their phone should be forced to buy a big memory device they dont need, so I think it makes sense to have a smaller size as entry level still, anyone who wants more can buy more, rather than force the price of the smaller devices all up when lots of people dont want or need extra storage.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Just as an aside, guess which company owns the majority of LTE patents?

It begins with an S...

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Just spent 5 mins on some other forums looking for nano sim information, my god, the are some muppets out there.

It would seem most S3 owners have already tried the iPhone 5 and know its s**t :|

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I think i'll wait for the 6.

iphone.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

^ LOL.

Just spent 5 mins on some other forums looking for nano sim information, my god, the are some muppets out there.

It would seem most S3 owners have already tried the iPhone 5 and know its s**t :|

There was a similar cycle of nonsense regarding the Type R/Clio 172 and PES/FIFA.

From what I've seen, the Lumia is now the best phone ever. The phone that doesn't have a finished OS yet. The phone that might be out in November if Microsoft get a move on. The phone they faked the video/pictures from.

Sounds great.