ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
slightly off topic but i took my number from o2 to orange and now my phone is working on both numbers and has been for 3 days, it swaps betwenn the 2 when ever it feels like it... wtf

I noticed this the other day, its because my 5 was sending text messages as the number i transferred but it was sending iMessages as the number i had been using temporarily.
I plugged it into iTunes and synced, this removed the other number.

320d M Sport
Hmm. I remain mixed stories about stock availability.

My sis went to Trafford the other day. EVERY shop had sold out?

My mate walked into Manchester the same day and said there were loads there.

People on here are waiting upto 4 weeks? I'm due am upgrade tomorrow with O2. I presume if I do it on the phone ill be waiting 4weeks too? Surely I'm better just walking into the O2 shop and upgrading in store? Voila... New phone, no?

I went in a new store the day after launch.

15 mins later I walked out with a 32GB.

There is an o2 online stock checker you can try. It was reliable when I went in.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
If its thru a bank I'd seriously read the T&C's very carefully, most won't replace the a phone without kicking up a fuss, check accidental damage or loss, most will only protect against theft, but again there are clauses.

I have read it fully as with all insurance and it's actually ok.

With regards to the query a few days ago, phones ordered through a network are locked before any sim is inserted. They are not 'unlocked until a sim is entered and then locked to whichever network that is' as was suggested.

Received a black 64GB today from T-Mobile. Straight out the box and in with an o2 sim and it didn't work. T-Mobile charging £15 and taking up-to 28 working days to get an unlock code.

Does anyone know of a quicker route to unlocking?

RS6 C7
It marks so easy! I have a tiny little mark on the black back which has pissed me off. No idea how it's got there as it's always been in a case / pouch!

It was mint when new aswell. I managed to keep my 4s almost perfect so for this one to mark already is a little annoying.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
What lock screen wallpapers are you using ??

I'm currently using this:

URL]

Theres a few good threads over on MacRumours for wallpapers:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1434153

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1444802

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1455077

SQ5
A lot of settings from restoring from back up are fucked. It's saying correct settings but they're not active so have turn off and on again etc....

How did you get a refund? I'm a n00b to eBay. I haven't received mine yet can I just contact him and ask for the refund?

If you go into 'My eBay' and then your purchases. Click 'Contact Seller'

There's usually some simple question and answer things. Just click through and get to message them. I just said I don't need them anymore and they refunded me pretty quickly.

ST
Just done the poll.. Can i have a second vote as i have two? 16GB in black for the misses, 32GB in black for myself..

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I love mine.

Black bezel WILL chip (even in a case). With a bit of friction the black paint will chip off unfortunately.

If you suffer from OCD then go for white.

ST
Or... the phone will undoubtedly develop a problem at some point in the 12 months, if it's looking a bit battered, oh hi genius.. new handset Mr Robbo.. i fankya!

Never above 25mpg
Saw a white one and a black one today! Was amazed at how thin they are!! Got to wait at least 2 weeks until my contract is up before I even consider getting one now!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I don't get what people are moaning about. Of course it can scratch. Its not a diamond case. That's the one thing I love about owning a company phone. I just stick it in my pocket. Its battered. Still serves its primary purpose. I use it to make calls, not to coo over.

Some people like to look after their things, especially a £600 phone.

After 24 months there wasn't a mark on my 4.

I've only had my 5 for a couple of days and its already chipped on the bezel (it's not been out of the house or in my pocket).

There no point labelling a product a thing of beauty if after 2 weeks it looks tatty as f**k.

I think apple has had it's day tbf. All the hype about the 5, and its a complete flop. Every time they bring a new phone out, they build it up to be something amazing, and then everyone is always left a little disappointed. Apart from the anti-anything else that isn't apple.

Some people like to look after their things, especially a £600 phone.

After 24 months there wasn't a mark on my 4.

I've only had my 5 for a couple of days and its already chipped on the bezel (it's not been out of the house or in my pocket).

There no point labelling a product a thing of beauty if after 2 weeks it looks tatty as f**k.
My missus was a thing of beauty when I met her. 15 years later she's tatty as f**k, cost me more than £600 as well. Just need to deal with it.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
My missus was a thing of beauty when I met her. 15 years later she's tatty as f**k, cost me more than £600 as well. Just need to deal with it.

LOL sounds like you need to trade her in.

Try envirowife.com

RS6 C7
Is anyone pissed off that the iPhone 5 is just like the 4s but a tad longer and wider and faster? I know I would be.

I think it's miles quicker than my 4s and the screen resolution is amazing!

It's alot thinner. What more can they do really? The screen is at optimum size, It's perfectly proportioned. All they have done is update the components inside and made it more sleek.

Not the best upgrade but still a decent leap forward for me. Slightly pissed off how easy they mark!

I'm no apple fanboy and only have the iPhone and no other apple products.

RS6 C7
Dropped mine today...

2 chips on the bezel, showing silver and quite sharp.

c**t!

It's pretty shocking how easily they mark. It's an all-day every-day item for 99% of people so why on earth they didn't make it as durable as the 4s I don't know.