ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
So a 4 to a 5 would be a no brainier then?

Still not bothered; I'll get one when my contract ends in March.

I went from a 4 to a 5 and yes it's worth it due to additional iOS functionality (SIRI, 3D maps, panoramic pics etc), performance, camera etc.

After 24 months worth of use the battery in the 4 was pretty knackered.

I preferred the look and feel of the 4, the additional weight added to the feel IMO.

Last edited:

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I've upgraded to a 5 from a 4S and very happy that I did. Better screen, battery, thinner, lighter, faster and feels better than a 4S.

Like how AliG is advising not to upgrade from a 4S when he hasn't had one.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I've upgraded to a 5 from a 4S and very happy that I did. Better screen, battery, thinner, lighter, faster and feels better than a 4S.

Like how AliG is advising not to upgrade from a 4S when he hasn't had one.

My ex had one along with many of my friends. IMO the 4S is probably the best phone Apple has ever made.

I'm into my Apple gear (iPad 3, Apple TV, iPhone 3G, 4, 5, a few iPods etc) but I'm also very happy to say it as I see it.

For anyone who's got a black 5 with a scratched bezel apparently Birchwood sell anodised touch up pens (gloss and matt) which do a great job at covering up any chips etc.

http://scuffgate.net/how-to-repair-a-scuffed-iphone-5/

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
At a basic level there's no reason to move. But people said that about the 4S from the 4 and for me theres even more difference now, despite the 4S being a bigger technical update. Saying the 5 isnt worth it is bizzare, its the best iPhone i've had.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
iPhone 5 isn't worth upgrading from a 4s IMO. I done it and although I'm happy with the 5 and its growing on me every day I still feel I've wasted £230 on upgrading (£300 for the 4s)

The main reason for that i think is the fact it chips so easily. Mine is still perfect on the back so I don't see how people are having any issue (granted I've only had it a week or so) but I dropped it and I have a feeling the stainless on the 4s would have stood up better to the floor than the alu on the 5 did

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
But Tom, what colour do I buy?

Black looks baller to me, but it supposedly marks easy and also white looks "special" according to this thread.

Have a look at Dave's 5, he has knackered it already lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
But Tom, what colour do I buy?

Black looks baller to me, but it supposedly marks easy and also white looks "special" according to this thread.

For me, white this time round is overly feminine. Its mega shiny, id quite like to see a white one with black inlays and front panel as that would look like the original iPhone. But in combination with the white the silver overly polished sides are just too much, id be getting the sand paper out to matt it up 5 time.

Black is just so awesomely stealth.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That's pretty much exactly what I thought when I first saw them, then someone said it looked special and confused me, thanks for putting me back on track. Appreciated. :eek:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Bear in mind the black wont wear well. But you arent a "mistreat my phone" type of guy.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Black looks better, White will wear better, I look after my phones but I might go for White just to be safe, :eek:

Week or so to decide!

With regards to O2 stock, I cancelled my upgrade which I placed on the 17th, and walked into a shop and bought it over the counter.

My two pence worth on the whole is it worth the upgrade debate, I have gone from a iPhone 3G to the 5, so it's definitely worth it in my case.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
At a basic level there's no reason to move. But people said that about the 4S from the 4 and for me theres even more difference now, despite the 4S being a bigger technical update. Saying the 5 isnt worth it is bizzare, its the best iPhone i've had.

So the below personal opinion about the 'worth' of the upgrade is bizarre and invalid? I think you confuse opinion with facts - yes the 5 is better than the 4S, of course it is.

Is it worth it? Yes and no. Depends on each and every individual.

iPhone 5 isn't worth upgrading from a 4s IMO. I done it and although I'm happy with the 5 and its growing on me every day I still feel I've wasted £230 on upgrading (£300 for the 4s)

The main reason for that i think is the fact it chips so easily. Mine is still perfect on the back so I don't see how people are having any issue (granted I've only had it a week or so) but I dropped it and I have a feeling the stainless on the 4s would have stood up better to the floor than the alu on the 5 did

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I don't think so Mark, pretty sure i posted an opinion there. My opinion on the phone and my opinion on the opinion of the worth.

Hopefully thats clear. But its nice of you to clarify how opinions work. (in your opinion)

Obvioulsy this is just my opinion on the matter, but seeing as i've posted it i expect people to take it as such. I've never been one for IMO or IMHO TBH.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've missed Tom, his photos of America were far less sarcastic and condescending, or is it curt, I can never remember.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
With regards to O2 stock, I cancelled my upgrade which I placed on the 17th, and walked into a shop and bought it over the counter.

My two pence worth on the whole is it worth the upgrade debate, I have gone from a iPhone 3G to the 5, so it's definitely worth it in my case.

O2 online are shipping through carphone warehouse (any returns must be sent via CPW).

Sounds like you're buying direct from O2 if you buy instore.

Strange on O2s part.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
So the below personal opinion about the 'worth' of the upgrade is bizarre and invalid? I think you confuse opinion with facts - yes the 5 is better than the 4S, of course it is.

Is it worth it? Yes and no. Depends on each and every individual.

Put simpley mate the iPhone 6 could be a juicy turd and "some" will still believe its worth the £200+ upgrade cost.

Apple not only revolutionised the mobile phone but also the best way to market a product.

BG 182
so, on the phone vodafone i have ordered and they have failed twice with my missus upgrade, although they said 'its all ordered'. So went into voda store today to find its a 3-4 week wait, so didnt take it, while i was in there i changed my order from a 16gb to 32gb, because baller spec? Then walked into phones4u and they have told me i can get a 16gb for my missus in 5-10 days plus a £5 a month discount? so ive gone with them, although i think its too good to be true, they reckon they have the most stock out of any retailer?

Also had a side by side with a white and black in voda and the black 'stealth' is so much nicer than the blingy white. Oh and incepio feather case has a really nice feel to it, not bulky at all.

going to claim my £10 o2 priorities voucher and get the feather as a work case. my only worry is scratching the bezel if i am removing the phone from the case every few days?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It's probably changed since I worked in mobile sales but phones4u would say anything to get an order. Lie through their teeth salesmen, all down to management putting a lot of pressure on them to sell.

I would never buy from them personally.

BG 182
ye im not convinced by phones4u, i gave the sales guy in store a good questioning and got the direct contact number for the sales women i spoke with on the phone so i can keep track on the order.

Clio 172 Mk2
If anyone's still undecided as to whether the black will mark easily go into an apple store and look at every single black one. I went the trafford centre the other night and every single black one they had out for demo had chips down the side where the coating had come off to reveal the aluminum. I appreciate no care is taken at all with the demo handsets and they're handled all day long but none of the white ones in there showed any signs of damage. The black one in my local o2 shop is held down in a clamp like device to stop it being stolen. The coating has totally worn through to the bare aluminum, it looks awful

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My launch day 5 is perfect. Like you said, the demos are handled by people who don't give a s**t.