ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_0597.gif

IMG_0596.gif

IMG_0594.gif

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Why do people have so many problems with such an expensive phone? I've never had to take a phone back, but then again i've never had an iPhone.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Apple appear to have changed the way the iPhone charges. Once it reaches 100% charge it appears to eventually stop charging even if plugged in and the charge slowly drops as normal. I experienced this today, 97% charge when I awoke. Thought I had a fault but some research seems to show this is now normal.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Battery seems to be getting better. It's good to start with. 4-5 hours of this were on the phone so it's done very well.

9c0dbc7f.jpg

Amarok
Smashed the front and back screen on mine last night, Totally my fault.
But, had problems with it like the not being able to hear calls and when hanging up, Screetching noise and when hanging up, just saying call ended untill you have to switch the handset off

Would apple replace with the phone being smashed?

Clio 172 cup
Smashed the front and back screen on mine last night, Totally my fault.
But, had problems with it like the not being able to hear calls and when hanging up, Screetching noise and when hanging up, just saying call ended untill you have to switch the handset off

Would apple replace with the phone being smashed?

£500 phone + no phone case = expensive bill

Get a otterbox defender or a griffin survivor and never worry about smashing your screen again

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
How did you manage that?

They're still saying its only in store purchases and even the store can't order one for you.

According to the stock checker, the nearest 64gb to me is Northern Ireland.

I want to upgrade, but not that much...

Yup, the website had the same message for me - none of the stores closest to me had any stock of the 4S. The website says to go instore, and when you call, you get a recorded message saying "The iPhone 4S is out of stock, please check the website..." but I just stayed on hold, spoke to the upgrade team, and the girl on the other end put it on back order for me. So, just give them a ring!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Not overly impressed with the 4s screen strength, dropped my phone for the first time on Saturday, it slid out of my pocket as I sat down on a chair. From chair height onto a concrete floor the screen has smashed and it landed on the corner, not even face down. Has just shattered in that corner though not on the actual screen.

Not cool.

It's as strong as it can possibly be.

If we're adding things that 'shouldn't' have happened, I think top of the list should be 'dropping an expensive phone'

Mine keeps falling off the side of the bath. I put it there when I have a s**t :D

It's the same screen. Sometimes it's just bad luck how it lands.

I put a dent in my 4. Fully expected a broken screen when I picked it up.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The last case I had was a bumper, it ruined the silver edge on the phone and I had to get like three of them as the rubber at the bottom kept separating from the plastic bit.

Never again.

Plus, that doesn't help me with my current predicament does it now?

Now that everyone has got to play with a 4s for a few weeks - is it worth upgrading from a 4? Warranty isn't an issue as I still have 6 months left on my current one. Camera on the 4 still makes me go wow with how good it is so wouldn't class that as a reason to upgrade.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
4 feels slow as s**t coming from a 4S other than that (and siri) its the same.

The real issue will be when future versions of iOS appear and slow the s**t out of the 4.

R26r R26
I have a question for the experts about Siri. I have language settings on UK English etc etc but Siri's reply is "Sorry I can only look for businesses, maps and traffic in the United States, and when you are using U.S English". :S

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

BMW E82 M Sport
The home button has just stopped working on my 4s :(

Carphone warehouse have none in stock & can't tell me when they will be getting more in. Now i've got to wait until Thursday, for an appointment in the apple store and that's an hour's drive each way. GUTTED :banghead:

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Just took the plunge and ordered a white iPhone 4s direct from apple. Is it usually 2weeks wait or has anyone's arrived quicker???

DB.

BMW 440i
Not bothered about dropping it, as I will look after my phone.

More bothered about scratches.

My thoughts exactly!

Easier to scratch then smash. I've smashed two through pure carelessness but looking after this one. Not taking it into the gym or on messy nights out, which was the cause of breaking both!