ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Am I right in thinking if I hold the call button on my handsfree kit it'll go into "Siri mode" rather than voice control. Thinking that'll be handy whilst driving so I can hear my messages and reply etc instead of just asking it to call someone.

Tried to pick mine up today from TNT depot as I was driving that way anyway, called before I left to make sure it was ok, lady said it was.

Arrived, only to find that they didn't have the key for the high value cage and so they couldn't get my parcel.

Idiots.

Oh well.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm getting 16gb 4S on £35 a month, 24 months, £99 handset.

600 minutes
Unlimited Texts
500MB Web

Not the greatest deal I'm sure but I was in the middle of cleaning my car so I was distracted but i'm happy enough.

Monaro VXR
After having mine a few days now got to say I am a bit disappointed.

Tonight was at a gig, took a few pictures went to take another one. Camera would crash after the shutter went off. So I reset the phone, same happened again. Also couldn't even look through my photos as that crashed on launch too. Tried a restore still broken can't be used at all. As soon as the shutter animation plays it either just quits back to my home menu. Or I get the spinning logo for a few minutes and then it asks me to enter my pass code. Just resets basically.

With regard to said photo issues, this means any app that requests to see the photos stored on the phone crashes instantly.

I also think the 64GB ones may have a build quality issue. Tried a couple now and they seem to feel like something is loose inside them. Where as the 16gb and 32gb versions seem much more solid. Like my old 32GB 4 was. My 64gb sort of sounds hollow and vibrates when you tap it. Was going to nip it into the Genius bar and get them to check it out. Normally I wouldn't care if it was a minor rattle or something, but this actually feels broken.

Booked at the Genius bar for Tuesday anyway.

After doing some research this is a fairly well known bug causing the crashing. Seems it can be fixed by going into the phones directories and deleting a few files if you have an explorer for the phone. Still in all their testing they didn't notice this bug in iOS5? Can happen on any device running iOS5 if you take a fair few pictures. Taken maybe 200 or so in the last few days.

According to the phone itself I have 2,147,483,647 photos on the device.

Last edited:
Received my 4S this morning, been messing about with it a little. Impressed so far, although watching the battery percentage plummet is alarming, but something I'm used to having an HTC Desire previously.

Any tips for improving it? Apart from the obvious, like disabling push and location based services etc

How have I still not got mine? I ordered it on the 13th ffs.. also I cant even reserve one from ANY store in the UK on the website.. wtf

Megane GT
Orange offered me a 24mth contract, 900 mins, unlimited texts and internet, and only £30 for handset. Didnt ask what GB it was though.

Revels Mum & Sister
How have I still not got mine? I ordered it on the 13th ffs.. also I cant even reserve one from ANY store in the UK on the website.. wtf

I take it you know you can only Reserve after 9.00pm to collect the next day? Last night I tried at 9.04pm and Regent Street had Black 32 & 64GB ones left.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Orange offered me a 24mth contract, 900 mins, unlimited texts and internet, and only £30 for handset. Didnt ask what GB it was though.

If you didn't ask then that'll be a 16gb...No way would they choose to give you a bigger one if you didn't ask.

Hopefully mine will come tomorrow...Only went for 16gb as I only have about 4gb of stuff on my 3G.

Something I only found at the weekend is the smiley face keyboard.

Probably an old thing (was on my mates 4 too).

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319471319.546326.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319471319.546326.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 41
I take it you know you can only Reserve after 9.00pm to collect the next day? Last night I tried at 9.04pm and Regent Street had Black 32 & 64GB ones left.

Yeah I know, however I do it about 2 mins after 9 and it says everything is unavailable. Done it for the last few nights too

Settings > General > Keyboard > International Keyboards > Add new keyboard > Emoji.

Then when typing a message, press the new icon.