ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  R.I.P 182
I found my 3g,3gs & 4 got progressively better for battery, yet to try this though (day one) How do i get the battery % in the corner?

BG 182 (full fat)
Just purchased one, not got it yet, am I right in thinking you can send someone a txt by talking to your phone?

R.I.P 182
M4rk - yeah its pretty cool! You can say "what is the weather in ........." and it will speak to you. I had a great conversation with it earlier..

"text mum"

"what mum would you like to text? Mum, or Dave mum and dad"

"mum"

"What is the other name you would like for mum"

"Shirley"

"i cant find anyone called Shenley. Do you mean Ross Skully?"

"NO!"

Its good though for hands free txting etc. so if you are cooking for example, just press the home button, say what you want it to send. i like :)

DB.

BMW 440i
I just changed a couple of names around to make it simple.

My girlfriends house is now down as 'Monkey House'.

R.I.P 182
^-- This.

"Call my boyfriend"

"what is your boyfriends name?"

"Dave ......."

"Do you want me to remember that Dave ..... is your boyfriend?"

Pretty awesome <3

Just need to get activated *rolls eyes* Am disgusted by vodafone customer services, had phone 12hrs and not working yet!

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
FYI to you all, do a battery reset (charge fully and then discharge fully) I did one yesterday and my phone stayed on 1% for about 40 minutes, meaning my battery measure was massively out of configuration.

Yep. Did this last night for the first time and mine did the same.

Was on 1% for around 25 minutes whilst using my phone (playing Zombie Life, bloody addictive).

Hopefully from now on it'll be a bit more accurate.

AK

M240i
Not sure if it's been asked yet and not seen it mentioned anywhere..

Can you set up a group for texting?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
what about that imessage feature?

i assume its like blackberry messenger and you can get groups on there...?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Nope, you can add several people into an iMessage convo, but there is no specific groups feature.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You can group your contacts, just not on the device.

Just tested it, quite cool

bcdd18c6-3dc4-f2d4.jpg

Last edited:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
ill have to wait until mine is delivered before i start playing about :) im sure ill be happy i converted from BB

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Add more than one person into the send box.

Everyone must be using iMessage, you can tell because the contact will go blue as you add it. If they aren't it wont work and will default to a group SMS.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
After using it for a week now, I love mine.

One thing is annoying me at the moment though. I have my icons set up like this:

38798_414160422478_502597478_4731721_2424586_n.jpg

...so that my first screen is blank, and the second has all my apps etc on. The same as I had on my 4.

However, when I turn my phone off/restart it/it runs out of battery and I switch it back on, all the apps automatically go back to the first page. Anyone else found this?

It's not a major gripe, it just never happened on my 4 and it's a ballache moving them all back.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah its a result of the restore from backup, mine does it too.

You have to restore and restore from backup again to fix it, but i CBA.

Are o2 still going to sell the 4, our business contract is up this month and we are not sure how much extra the 4S will end up being per contract.

Clio 197 F1
Quick question regarding iMessage: I got my 4s the other day on Three, I used to be on o2 so have transferred my old number to me new phone which has all happened today. When I send an SMS or phone people it comes up with my old number, great. However if I send an iMessage it shows as the new number. I can see that in the setting it still shows the new number in the iMessage part but there is no way to change it as it is greyed out.

Anyone know what I can do?

Clio 197 F1
Yeah been into there it still shows my new number but won't let me change it. The number only changed over this morning so might take a bit of time to change on the phone.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Well I give in so the wife shall get my old 4

Free white 16gb 4S

500mins
Unlimited texts
Unlimited landline
Unlimited hotspot
1gb data

£31 a month (18 month contract) took 2 hours of calling to finally get through to someone who would be willing to actually do me a deal to stay with o2

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So for that blank first page I need to set it up, get it all right, then back my phone up. Hit restore, then once it is done i need to restore from backup. I thought i was the only sad act to have a blank first screen lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
anyone else having an issue where if you try to update an app its showing an old apple id, even though you are logged in with the correct one??

basically my correct id is a @me.com which i am signed in with... however when i click update it shows a @mac.com apple id which is what the @me replaced... now I'm signed in with the @me and the app was downloaded on the @me... it asks me to verify the account as its a new phone but it sends the verification to the old @mac address which is no longer working or forwarding to my @me account... so i can't verify or update the app, i have signed out and back in but it makes no difference :(