ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mains charge, and not laptop/PC (if that makes any difference?).

Wifi / 3G ON.
Location services ON.
Brightness @ 90%.
Bluetooth OFF.
Email Push ON.
Email Fetch 15mins.
iCloud - Everything OFF.

BG V6, LY 182
im looking to go out and buy a 4s today but im facing a dilema that other iphone owners could help me with...

what size do i get? i can afford the 16gb and the 32gb but im unsure wether or not i want to spunk an extra £100 for the 32g when the 16 could potentially be enough.

how far does 16gb go on an iphone? i wont use much up with music, maybe 3-4gb and perhaps another 3gb of pictures. so how full is a 16gb going to get with apps etc?

Like i said in my previous post i am regretting getting a 32gb. I don't see the point in carrying massive amounts of music, to which you cant listen to it all. It's so easy to transfer music over on itunes. Only thing i ain't sure of is how much space the new camera will take up with the pictures / videos etc. My advice, get the 16! :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
i barely record video tbh. think 16gb is the way forward then.

with a bit of luck theyl have some in stock

cheers :)

AK

M240i
I mains charge, and not laptop/PC (if that makes any difference?).

Wifi / 3G ON.
Location services ON.
Brightness @ 90%.
Bluetooth OFF.
Email Push ON.
Email Fetch 15mins.
iCloud - Everything OFF.

Hmm. No major differences other then iCloud but IIRC it only works on WiFi and I'm not on WiFi till the evenings (after my 2nd battery charge, lol)

Honda. Tesla Someday
Mine right now is:

21% remaining

3 hours 29 mins Usage
7 hours 25 mins Standby

I used to get something like 6 hours usage before it went anywhere near 20%!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Currently mine is 77%

2 hours 31mins usage
8 hours 55 standby

I have all notifications, iCloud, bluetooth and Wifi.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Usage 3 hours 16 minutes
Standby 8 hours 13 minutes
Battery 47%

Wifi On, iCloud On, Brightness Auto, Email Push.

I swear someone steals my phone and uses it throughout the day.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
because of the reduced battery life since IOS5 i have turned % battery back on. however this has brought to my attention that my battery will not charge above 97%.

sign of a knackered battery?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
FYI to you all, do a battery reset (charge fully and then discharge fully) I did one yesterday and my phone stayed on 1% for about 40 minutes, meaning my battery measure was massively out of configuration.

Citroen DS3 DSport
FYI to you all, do a battery reset (charge fully and then discharge fully) I did one yesterday and my phone stayed on 1% for about 40 minutes, meaning my battery measure was massively out of configuration.

Tried that and it didn't really improve.

My 4S switches off at 3%...

DB.

BMW 440i
Today Im on 70%, with 1hr 30 useage, and 9hr 30 standby, much improved again with a few tweaks.

AK

M240i
Who's everyone using for insurance?

Bank is a no go as its a rip off.

Protect your bubble seem to be about £10 for iPhone and iPad which seems pretty good.

DB.

BMW 440i
House Insurance, doesn't cost any extra per month, but £200 excess if i claim.

There if i need it, but don't intend on it!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Popped into Vodafone yesterday to be told i cannot upgrade yet and then today get a call from Vodafone asking if I would like to upgrade.

iPhone 4S on the way :).... Should seem awesome compared to my 3G.

DB.

BMW 440i
Popped into Vodafone yesterday to be told i cannot upgrade yet and then today get a call from Vodafone asking if I would like to upgrade.

iPhone 4S on the way :).... Should seem awesome compared to my 3G.

I f*cked my 3GS, and was using a 3G for about 8 weeks. The jump from a 3G to a 4S is MAHOOOSIVE! You can do everything in 1/20th of the time

Monaro VXR
Just picked mine up earlier from the Trafford centre.

Is it just mine or do they not feel as solid as the 4 does when you give it a harder tap?

It sort of sounds hollow and can feel it vibrate a bit from the tap.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Have you guys done the big first charge?
I have 3 hours usage 1 day 12 hours standby and 49% battery life.
Seems better than my 4 was for sure.

R.I.P 182
Not trawling through 92 pages, and have PMd Dan and Tom, but is there SERIOUSLY no way of ublocking/jailbreaking the 4s yet??

Vodafone sim wont activate after 12 hrs, called the number they gave me for it to see if it was connecting at all, and it rang and some girl answered, they royally f**ked up, and they kept me on hold for an hour then hung up on me... urrrghhh...

Last edited by a moderator: