ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FaceTime/iMessage is your AppleID.

Your friend probably has your AppleID stored along with your old phone number so it appears as Dave63Old, whereas texting just comes direct from your number so still appears as Dave63New.

Get your iPhone owning chum to delete all your contact info and then text him again.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
siri-answers-call-me-an-ambulance.jpg

LOL!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Your friend probably has your AppleID stored along with your old phone number so it appears as Dave63Old, whereas texting just comes direct from your number so still appears as Dave63New.

Get your iPhone owning chum to delete all your contact info and then text him again.

Actually it's a flaw with iOS 5. My friend had this same issue, you plug into your itunes your wrong number will display there too. The fix is go to settings, phone, my phone number, type your new number in there :) it just uses the phone number that was originally given to your simcard

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yep i had the same flaw last night with Revels and Tom, all you iphone buddies have to do is delete the threads of messages, the next one that comes through will be fine. (Oh and change the number as said above).

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Anybody noticed that its possible to make a call or send a text using Siri from the lock screen even if the passcode is active

seems to bypass the lock and makes its able to call without the passcode

1.2 Clio Dynamique
has anyone had trouble with albums since the update?? i have put albums on my phone edited the info on "Get Info" and they dont show up in the album tab thingy on the bottom although it does show up on the songs tab thingy also ive put all album artwork on and it isnt showing all of them either

DB.

BMW 440i

Okie doke, will give that a try, cheers!

DB.

BMW 440i
LOL. We gave you the correct answer like 3 posts down. Literally Settings>Phone>My phone number.

Put your number in there, and it will all work fine and dandy. It has put the number originally associated with the sim in instead.

Completley missed it and skimmed through.

Edited that, just going to iMessage my mate now.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
After umpteen calls to Orange about the problem connecting to the internet I gave up and sent mine back.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Basically get the phone friday and set it up through itunes on saturday. Had a nosey through the phone and yep really slick to use etc. So I went to use internet and couldn't. Rang orange they said download itunes, reset the phone etc etc, still no internet. WiFi? Works with that superbly. But no matter how many times i rang orange, restored the phone it wouldn't work. Just pissed me off hence me returning it. Oh and my trusty HTC phone which they switched back on and internet although slow but worked, didnt. So after another call and three txt msgs later hey presto all back to normal. so either there was a problem with the iphone or someone didn't switch on the allow Dan to use the internet and get him pissed off button lol

DB.

BMW 440i
Sounds like a prob with your network provider rather than the phone pal. Orange do seem to be useless these days! Glad i stuck with 02 last year when i was tempted to go to Orange! My missus is joining O2 from orange as well soon!

You ditching your iPhone then?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Your prob right mate, just bloody annoying. Only had it a few days and it is a great phone and i understand why people buy them. But i won't be getting another, prob going to get myself a sensation and save myself a hundred quid and get a slightly cheaper contract.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Anybody noticed that its possible to make a call or send a text using Siri from the lock screen even if the passcode is active

seems to bypass the lock and makes its able to call without the passcode

It's an option, you can turn it off in the passcode lock settings.

Italian 3.2 V6
Is anyone experiencing problems with O2? There online system is down and so is there phone lines !? (sorry not looked at past few pages incase it's already been discussed)

DB.

BMW 440i
No, phoned last night after work, took about 5 minutes to get through.

Also signed into my02 this morning.

I've been impressed with my battery since I factory reset the settings.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319017987.897184.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319017987.897184.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 40
  BG V6, LY 182
Basically i couldn't wait to get a new phone, was still rollin with the 3gs 3 month after my contract expired waiting for the new iphone. Unfortunatley, i was working away the day it came out so i couldnt get to o2 till 3pm. I get there and there is ONE white 32gb left, no black or white 16gb. (wanted white 16gb!) So the manager walks over and says thats the last white 32gb out of the 4 nearest stores. £79.99 up front then £47 (including internet) a month. Not to bad i thought, i got 30% off on my 3gs contract and the guy said he would leave it on making it £33. Fantastic. He did state the discount could come off at any time, but he's never had anyone come in saying it has came off so it should remain on. (Discount can't be put back on as they don't do it anymore)
So i get home, have a little play with the phone, and it is such an upgrade from the 3gs in all aspects.

Then i relise when i go on to 'my o2' that my discount isnt showing. Now im not sure if it should be displayed on there, or weather i will have to go into the o2 store to check....

But now im starting to regret being a big kid and not waiting for the white 16gb to come back in store! I could have have it for free (existing o2 customers dont pay the £49.99) on the £36 + £5 for internet, so £41 a month. Getting the 32gb seemed like a great idea, more storage for my music, more photos etc etc. Then i relise my laptop was erased and i havent got all the music i used to have, or all the music still on my 3gs. I always found 16gb was enough on the 3gs. Hence why im regretting the 32gb one. So i'v basically paid £80 + £5 a month that i DONT need.

However, i read my contrat and im still in my 14 day cooling off period. could i go back to o2, give them the phone back, get my £80 back, ask them to reinstate my 3gs, then go back again, upgrade to the 16gb for free and pay less? Oh and iv kept the new one in perfect condition, still has the screen protectors on, and i carry it everywhere, so it hasnt been in pockets, just incase this will be a factor in why i cant take it back.

Im an idiot, i know. But im sure i wasn't the only big kid that day!

Audi S1
Basically i couldn't wait to get a new phone, was still rollin with the 3gs 3 month after my contract expired waiting for the new iphone. Unfortunatley, i was working away the day it came out so i couldnt get to o2 till 3pm. I get there and there is ONE white 32gb left, no black or white 16gb. (wanted white 16gb!) So the manager walks over and says thats the last white 32gb out of the 4 nearest stores. £79.99 up front then £47 (including internet) a month. Not to bad i thought, i got 30% off on my 3gs contract and the guy said he would leave it on making it £33. Fantastic. He did state the discount could come off at any time, but he's never had anyone come in saying it has came off so it should remain on. (Discount can't be put back on as they don't do it anymore)
So i get home, have a little play with the phone, and it is such an upgrade from the 3gs in all aspects.

Then i relise when i go on to 'my o2' that my discount isnt showing. Now im not sure if it should be displayed on there, or weather i will have to go into the o2 store to check....

But now im starting to regret being a big kid and not waiting for the white 16gb to come back in store! I could have have it for free (existing o2 customers dont pay the £49.99) on the £36 + £5 for internet, so £41 a month. Getting the 32gb seemed like a great idea, more storage for my music, more photos etc etc. Then i relise my laptop was erased and i havent got all the music i used to have, or all the music still on my 3gs. I always found 16gb was enough on the 3gs. Hence why im regretting the 32gb one. So i'v basically paid £80 + £5 a month that i DONT need.

However, i read my contrat and im still in my 14 day cooling off period. could i go back to o2, give them the phone back, get my £80 back, ask them to reinstate my 3gs, then go back again, upgrade to the 16gb for free and pay less? Oh and iv kept the new one in perfect condition, still has the screen protectors on, and i carry it everywhere, so it hasnt been in pockets, just incase this will be a factor in why i cant take it back.

Im an idiot, i know. But im sure i wasn't the only big kid that day!

If you have given your 3GS to them they won't give it back to you with all your stuff on it.

But yeah you could return the 4S if you wanted to.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yes. I paid £99 for my iphone 4s thats gone back. Once it all goes back onto the system I will be choosing another phone. 14 day cooling off period is just that mate im sure you will be fine.

An orange one
ive turned off most of the notification stuff on my iphone 4, made about 7 texts today and not been on the phone once, internet over wifi for around 10 mins and not used any apps or games,

since 6am this morning its gone from 100% battery to 51% :(

seriously i want ios 4.3.5 back!!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
im looking to go out and buy a 4s today but im facing a dilema that other iphone owners could help me with...

what size do i get? i can afford the 16gb and the 32gb but im unsure wether or not i want to spunk an extra £100 for the 32g when the 16 could potentially be enough.

how far does 16gb go on an iphone? i wont use much up with music, maybe 3-4gb and perhaps another 3gb of pictures. so how full is a 16gb going to get with apps etc?

Well most apps are around 10mbs or less (apart from games) so that's a s**t load of apps.

I went with a 16GB, can't see why I would need any more tbh.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Well most apps are around 10mbs or less (apart from games) so that's a s**t load of apps.

I went with a 16GB, can't see why I would need any more tbh.

im likley to put a heap of games on there tbh! whats the deal with icloud? can i store my music and pictures on there leaving 16gb on the iphone as portable memory?

AK

M240i
Just took another before putting on charge at 2%.

Unreal.

Mines is better now that I haven't hammered it from the moment it came off charge (been in meetings).

But it'll get nowhere near that.

Any specific settings you've turned off?