ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  M135i
I had a £15 a month simplicity when i got the iphone 4 which was a 12 month contract. Thats now up so i guess its just rolling month to month now. My question is, will i be able to stick my current sim card in the new iphone 4s and keep paying £15 month by month ?

Lou

I had a £15 a month simplicity when i got the iphone 4 which was a 12 month contract. Thats now up so i guess its just rolling month to month now. My question is, will i be able to stick my current sim card in the new iphone 4s and keep paying £15 month by month ?

Yes as you haven't asked to change your contract - will just continue rolling

An orange one
If O2 decide to do 12 month deals on iPhone for around £40 per month I might be tempted, don't think I could spend £600 outright on a phone, could by a B&W Zeppelin air for that or a janspeed for the Vee lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
600 for a phone is a lot. In the grand scheme of things its mad. but so is spending that on an exhaust but we do it

BMW F31
Rang O2 earlier to get an idea of prices for the 4S by using the 4 as a basis for a 12 month tariff on contract.

12 month 100 mins 500 texts @ £21 + £6 500mb bolt on = £27p/m - handset cost £429 = total £753

If you go the cheapest simplicity route 1 month rolling for 12 months;

12 month 100 mins unlimited texts @ £10.50 + £6 500mb bolt on = £16.50p/m - handset cost £499 = total £697

There's very little in it tbh.

O2 have been decent for me for years. My mate has got a iPhone on Vodafone, he has no problems either.

Orange are s**t.

DB.

BMW 440i
Rang O2 earlier to get an idea of prices for the 4S by using the 4 as a basis for a 12 month tariff on contract.

12 month 100 mins 500 texts @ £21 + £6 500mb bolt on = £27p/m - handset cost £429 = total £753

If you go the cheapest simplicity route 1 month rolling for 12 months;

12 month 100 mins unlimited texts @ £10.50 + £6 500mb bolt on = £16.50p/m - handset cost £499 = total £697

There's very little in it tbh.

Simplicity - = 12 months 600 minutes, Unltd texts - 500mb - £21.50

DB.

BMW 440i
3 network are outstandingly cheap on iPhone deals, and supposedly have the best coverage.

Yet i don't know why, i snobbishly snub them for O2 despite their better deals.

Italian 3.2 V6
3 network are outstandingly cheap on iPhone deals, and supposedly have the best coverage.

Yet i don't know why, i snobbishly snub them for O2 despite their better deals.

I was thinking about 3. Work mate is with 3 and gets 3G EVERYWERE! I'm thinking finish with O2 and start up with another network like 3 or vodafone. (better half is with vodafone n gets better signel!)

BMW F31
Simplicity - = 12 months 600 minutes, Unltd texts - 500mb - £21.50

Yeah but if you commit to 12 months the 5 may come out in June then you've got to upgrade early or change the contract.

That's why it's easier to do 1 month simplicity with the option to upgrade straightaway. Plus I was looking for the cheapest route.

Tbh Giffgaff is the cheapest route bar none but then you've got to get a new contract or go sim free when the 5 comes out.

DB.

BMW 440i
A) I doubt it will come out within 10 months of the 4s.

B) You have to sell your 4S and buy the 5 regardless, it's handset only, you aren't relying on waiting for your new contract to get 'an upgrade'

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
I just spoke to a guy at the carphone warehouse and he's taking pre-orders allready. When i asked him how or even why would people order something without knowing the price, he said 'Apple buyers will pay pretty much whatever' Obviously to a certain degree but you know what i mean.

Last year's iPhone 4 launch, i worked for Carphone Warehouse, we got our stock delivered the day before the launch, so i would imagine it would be similar for them this year... we didnt have an official pre-order channel... we just had a clipboard and pen, and took details of everyone that was interested, then rung them up and told them to come on in and pick it up on a contract...

Isn't the preorder from Apple only?

yes.

It would be great if Apple offered a pre-order store pickup option like last year but I've never seen any mention of that.

wait and see tomorrow... ;)

DB.

BMW 440i
I was thinking about 3. Work mate is with 3 and gets 3G EVERYWERE! I'm thinking finish with O2 and start up with another network like 3 or vodafone. (better half is with vodafone n gets better signel!)

Same with a girl at work.

Free iPhone 4, 24 months, Unlimited (Or so much you wouldn't use) Internet, text and a solid amount of minutes. It is very tempting. Something puts me off '3' though lol

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Anybody enlighten me with how apple handle the pre-ordering of new handsets?

Will they require full payment tomorrow or a deposit?

And

When ordering online will the phone be delivered to me or is collection in-store possible?

BMW F31
A) I doubt it will come out within 10 months of the 4s.

B) You have to sell your 4S and buy the 5 regardless, it's handset only, you aren't relying on waiting for your new contract to get 'an upgrade'

True, I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I think it's a good idea. Looking at it more closely though I can't justify the initial outlay when I'm in the Market for a MacBook. I'm probably going to stay with my 4 and go simplicity at the end of november unless o2's deals are amazing when they release the prices lol. Somehow I doubt it.

DB.

BMW 440i
Yeah it's just the initial outlay that's off putting, everything else is positive tbh.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Anybody enlighten me with how apple handle the pre-ordering of new handsets?

Will they require full payment tomorrow or a deposit?

And

When ordering online will the phone be delivered to me or is collection in-store possible?

hey man, we are in the dark about whats happening tomorrow morning, just as much as you are... if, and thats "IF" its the same as last year, then you will be able to choose to have it shipped to an address of your choice, or to pick it up from your local Apple Store (after queueing).

Keep an eye on this thread though, as when i am told more, i will let you know anything that hasn't already been said by others...

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
hey man, we are in the dark about whats happening tomorrow morning, just as much as you are... if, and thats "IF" its the same as last year, then you will be able to choose to have it shipped to an address of your choice, or to pick it up from your local Apple Store (after queueing).

Keep an eye on this thread though, as when i am told more, i will let you know anything that hasn't already been said by others...

Cheers for that dude tomorrow should be fun!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Store updated but unable to order:

16gb - £499
32gb - £599
64gb - £699

2eae67c5.jpg

Last edited:

DB.

BMW 440i
I thought it would be 8am.

Ill check at 7, but imagine I will be ordering at work come 8am!

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
cant afford to buy one at the mo, will wait for the rush to die down (and do some overtime). If iOS5 is good enough, might wait for the 5...

I know, lets build a data centre the size of a small country but leave our online shop to be hosted on a free bit of space we got from an AOL magazine in 1997.

Apple might be awesome but they are proper bellends sometimes.