ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  TT 225+
I've heard that phones 4u will buy out remaining contracts on the iPhone 4 if you upgrade to the 4s. Probably bull though

Siri looks interesting; is that a definite 4S thing then? Everyone else will still have the bog standard 'Voice Control'?

The Keynote wasn't the same without Steve. Tim bored me. I had to get dressed.

You care.

RIP to Steve Jobs, who without none of this would've been possible.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317861307.347613.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317861307.347613.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 17
  Bus w**ker
Music, videos, books, lots of apps, photos.

It doesn't take long to use it all up.

Some of my apps are 700mb a piece.

But why do you store it all on your phone? I've got 100s of apps, but most of s**t so I uninstall them; they're still available on iTunes if I want them back. Films/shows I delete once I've watched them. Photos I take off to back up on my PC, although I'd actually prefer to be able to leave these on my phone TBH - Well if Apple ever get around to sorting out the s**t library so that I can create albums and move on mass images in to them :rolleyes:.

I'll go with the largest capacity on my next phone, which I'd assume will be the 5, but I can't see that I'll actually need that sort of storage.

Evo 5 RS
RIP Mr Jobs.

I'll definitely be sticking with the 4! I'm a hardware nut and the idea of a dual core iPhone has it's appeal, but there isn't enough there to make me waste my money tbh. Least not till it comes down in price.

Monaro VXR
But why do you store it all on your phone? I've got 100s of apps, but most of s**t so I uninstall them; they're still available on iTunes if I want them back. Films/shows I delete once I've watched them. Photos I take off to back up on my PC, although I'd actually prefer to be able to leave these on my phone TBH - Well if Apple ever get around to sorting out the s**t library so that I can create albums and move on mass images in to them :rolleyes:.

I'll go with the largest capacity on my next phone, which I'd assume will be the 5, but I can't see that I'll actually need that sort of storage.

We don't all use our technology the same way. What works for one doesn't work for everyone. Once you have the storage capacity there though, it will get used. Then you will want more.

I mean it was only a few years ago when people thought 100GB hard drives were huge and would never get filled. Yet my full 8TB says otherwise.

DB.

BMW 440i
Tbf, i filled 16gb whilst being selective with my Apps and deleting all the crap and also having to miss out on a few I would have rather been on my iPhone.

Definitely going 32gb, especially as I imagine 1080p video's will take up a bit more!

AK

M240i
On my 3GS I've only filled about 4GB, but that's pretty much because I don't have any music on there as if I did, I'd have to charge it EVEN more than I do already..

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I really hope we find out about network prices today. They should be released today to be honest. If they are taking pre orders from tomorrow we all need a little time to decide.

They didn't release them last year until it was time to order I don't think.

Certainly Apple didn't release offline prices until you hit the buy button on the Friday morning when the website crashed.

The networks won't have the handsets yet, they might not even know what how many they're getting.

Last year they didn't do pre-orders and prices were only released on the day it came out.

I think it's a safe assumption that the prices will be the same as the 4. I just want to know when pre-order time is.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I just spoke to a guy at the carphone warehouse and he's taking pre-orders allready. When i asked him how or even why would people order something without knowing the price, he said 'Apple buyers will pay pretty much whatever' Obviously to a certain degree but you know what i mean.

T-Mobile will be starting pre-orders Friday, £20 deposit if our area manager was correct. Network has no idea on stock levels, Apple have been known to let you know the week of delivery that you will get more than expected or you'll get 25% of what you expected. Prices expected to be similar to when 4 launched (£50/£60 p/m for free, £100 at £35) but not confirmed.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Currently running iOS 5 GM and have received a MMS message which looks terrible. Very blurry and a similar problem that I experienced a couple of years ago with previous iOS versions.

BMW F31
So its looking like the carriers wont be releasing prices today and I'm guessing they wont bother until next week. :(

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
So its looking like the carriers wont be releasing prices today and I'm guessing they wont bother until next week. :(

But surely they need to put names to handsets asap. So that they can be delivered on 14th? Unless of course they don't know how many there getting?

It doesn't really matter about putting names to them. If they get 10, 50 or 1,000, they'll all go regardless of pre-orders and names on a sheet.

The latter is a good point too. They won't know proper numbers until they arrive probably on Thursday.

Pre-orders online looks like 7am our time.

BMW F31
The carriers wont be doing pre-ordering, they didn't last year so I wouldn't bet on them doing it this year.

I just want to know what pricing they will be doing so I can sort my figures out.

DB.

BMW 440i
Just doing the maths to see whether it's cheaper to go onto simplicity and buy the handset, which will also give me the flexibility to upgrade every 12 months if i want! Also means I could order tomorrow handset only!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I actually think it makes better sense to get the phone on contract. Or am i being a r****d?

Yes to the latter.

Roughly over 2 years for a 16gb (Pure guess work);

o2 contract = £35 a month x 24 = £840 + £100 handset = £940

o2 payg = £10 a month x 24 = £240 + £500 handset = £740

Citroen DS3 DSport
It would be great if Apple offered a pre-order store pickup option like last year but I've never seen any mention of that.

DB.

BMW 440i
My workings from 02 site.

Contract (O2) - 18 months @ £42 + £250 Handset price = £1006
Simplicity (O2) - 18 months @ £21.50 +£600 Handset price = £987.

Simplicity = 12 months max, but halved and added on to be a fair comparison to the contract.

Simplicity also ties you down for less (12 months).

Based on potential pricing for a 32gb iPhone 4S.

Thoughts?

I have the old better simplicity deal at £15.

I only did it because I want to upgrade every year. Once you've bought the first one it's not so bad.

DB.

BMW 440i
What do you get for £15?

Agree with the first one being the worst, but it's a good bandwagon to be on once you have the first one out the way!

Lou

I'm on the £20 simplicity tariff which I'm happy with so will just be buying the 4S sim free!

Has it been confirmed for a 7am pre order?

DB.

BMW 440i
Hmmm decisions decisions.

Think Im going to go simplicity. Will work out well next year when I want to upgrade!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'm looking forward to finding out these contract prices etc. been looking at the sensation xe but heart says iPhone, how very sad lol