ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

BMW M2C
Re: iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (Read this before starting more threads)

I'm ordering from Apple.

I give my money to the organ grinders, not the monkeys. Plus better Quidco :eek:

The lad I sit next to at work (one of only two designers on the team who don't have iPhones) won't get one because he says it's giving money to the man!! Idiot. I've told him there's a man at HTC, he's just not as cool as Steve. lol

Steve is a hero. Nobody else is as badly dressed but still as cool.

if i pre order from apple, will it be unlocked or on a certain network?
i may order one from apple, one from 02 and one from orange just incase! lol

You'll be able to order one relevant to your network.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

The lad I sit next to at work (one of only two designers on the team who don't have iPhones) won't get one because he says it's giving money to the man!! Idiot. I've told him there's a man at HTC, he's just not as cool as Steve. lol

The man at HTC doesn't have a turtleneck and blue 501's for every day of the week. And he's worse for it.

Honda. Tesla Someday

2GB a month?!

How?!

I don't tether.

I use the phone ALL the time, for EVERYTHING. LOL. I am dead serious, it has taken over my life! I use it a lot for work, business email, texting, calling, browsing, internet radio, youtube, lots and lots of apps, google maps, you name it, i use the damn phone for it! it runs my schedule which is sync'd etc!

SQ5

How easy to import everything from your 3GS to the 4? How was it with th 2 to 3?

Honda. Tesla Someday

What phone you got now?

I sold my 3GS tonight (locally) for £320, so in theory it'll cost be around £130 to buy a PAYG, and stick to my current contract.

I have a 16GB 3G. Will sell for like £200 ish????

Still, this sucks.

Lee

BMW M2C

I don't tether.

I use the phone ALL the time, for EVERYTHING. LOL. I am dead serious, it has taken over my life! I use it a lot for work, business email, texting, calling, browsing, internet radio, youtube, lots and lots of apps, google maps, you name it, i use the damn phone for it! it runs my schedule which is sync'd etc!

If it's that important you're going to have to pay for the service.

Obviously o2 want to make as much money as possible, but their argument for doing it this way actually makes perfect sense. It won't effect 99% of users.

It's always a very small number who ruin it for everyone by taking the piss.

I have a 16GB 3G. Will sell for like £200 ish????

Still, this sucks.

I had a 16gb 3G that sold for £300 on ebay, but that was the day before they released info on the 4, now ebay is flooded with them i dont know what you will get now, probably £250 i should think

BMW E46 330i Touring

What sort of job do you have where you have to use an iPhone, on a personal contract, for business email?!?

I don't see how O2 would benefit from not arranging a pre-order system tbh, it's money in the bank and a way of reducing the pressure they'll be under on release day. Also helps them plan their sales a bit better. Can't see any reason why they won't do it...

They haven't done it the previous 3 years. Made everyone queue up outside.

It's strange though as the o2 site definitely said that you could pre-order on the 15th.

Honda. Tesla Someday

Yep, I'll second that.

Lady I spoke to from o2 told me you can order on the phone or collect in store. She then said that details will be released on or around the 15th. She said it goes on sale on the 24th and that if you order on the phone u must order on the 24th or go in store.

Thats what she said, take it or leave it. Will probably change again though!

I don't believe them though mate! Lol. Based on someone being told they don't need micro sims, one telling me 2 YouTube vids will use 500MB and another calling it the 4GS.

Just have to keep an eye on the sites.

Honda. Tesla Someday

What sort of job do you have where you have to use an iPhone, on a personal contract, for business email?!?

I was going to get a blackberry but got an iPhone when they announced exchange support and push email.

I am a Fibre Access Planner for BT. We are not required to use our personal phones (they give us work mobiles), but I am a little too passionate about my job and use my own phone to manage my email etc etc etc

Honda. Tesla Someday

I don't believe them though mate! Lol. Based on someone being told they don't need micro sims, one telling me 2 YouTube vids will use 500MB and another calling it the 4GS.

Just have to keep an eye on the sites.

yep, lady I spoke to asked me why I want the new iPhone. I told her "because its amazing" - LoL! and she goes on to say "I dont recommend it, its not going to be good".

I then said "you obviously havent ever used one then!"

she goes: "I have played loads of games on one"

I said: "its not about the games! Its everything else!"

she goes: "ohh I dunno, I dont liiiiiike it hee hee"

ARGHHH DUMB B!TCH!

2014 Focus Titanium

yep, lady I spoke to asked me why I want the new iPhone. I told her "because its amazing" - LoL! and she goes on to say "I dont recommend it, its not going to be good".

I then said "you obviously havent ever used one then!"

she goes: "I have played loads of games on one"

I said: "its not about the games! Its everything else!"

she goes: "ohh I dunno, I dont liiiiiike it hee hee"

ARGHHH DUMB B!TCH!

Rofl! Women. My better half says she won't have an iPhone because she won't make use of all it's capabilities, which is a fair comment but I say to her it's not what you use, it's what you CAN use!!!!!!111111/////

Golf R/Leon FR

I'll be pre ordering either on O2 (if they do it), or through Apple.

My data usage for just over a year is:

Sent: 79MB
Received: 400MB

I should be ok lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

random thought... if you have a iphone contract already (its passed the 18months...) and i "upgrade" to the 4... does your contract stay the same or will they put you on to the new "rubbish" contracts lol?

FN2 Type R GT

It's strange though as the o2 site definitely said that you could pre-order on the 15th.

I spoke to a woman in the o2 call centre today who said that if you order over the phone you cant do it until they have the stock i.e the 24th,

However,

she said you can pre-order online after the 15th for delivery on the 24th..

FN2 Type R GT

random thought... if you have a iphone contract already (its passed the 18months...) and i "upgrade" to the 4... does your contract stay the same or will they put you on to the new "rubbish" contracts lol?

i think you get transferred onto the new shitter contracts...

ph2 iceburg 172

I spoke to a woman in the o2 call centre today who said that if you order over the phone you cant do it until they have the stock i.e the 24th,

However,

she said you can pre-order online after the 15th for delivery on the
24th..

i went tomy local o2 shop and they guy said there was no way you can pre-oder until the 24th, just the case of queing outside

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

what are the new o2 contracts? i can't find them.

ph2 iceburg 172

they are very similar, to the current ones. best thing to do is go on the o2 website and sign up for info on the iphone4 that way u get every detail like that before it comes out

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member

Version 4 software is awesome on my 3GS! and its jailbroke too! why didnt I put this on two days ago!:cool:

Tesla MP3 2021

I pre-ordered my 3G online through O2, as a new contract and it was delivered on release day.

Cant remember what they did about the 3GS, I just went and bought it on PAYG from Apple in the TC on release day.

R26

This has probably been covered but there are 38 pages lol.

i have just received 350 quid from insurance for my iphone so im obviously just gonna fork out a bit more for the iphone 4. can i ring 02 and ask them to upgrade my phone?
or do i have to buy it sim free? then the only problem being the micro sim... what would i do about that?

thanks

BMW E46 330i Touring

If you can buy the phone as PAYG and keep your existing O2 contract, that's the best option.

You can cut your normal SIM down to make a micro SIM.

E87 118d M Sport

Or, as a current 02 customer, request one sent to you.

Not long 'til tuesday :)

As soon as pre-ordering PAYG is available, I'm on it!

Citroen DS3 DSport

My 3GS was replaced by Apple last night and is now for sale, I am now using a very old and very crap Nokia 6630.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

I'm waiting to see what Steve's Bluewater Buddies have to say about mine tonight... Then it'll be for sale, in either VGC or new condition.

1.8 Civic EX

So what do you all think is best. Wanting just the phone, pre order from apple or from O2?

Just sold my 8gig 3g for £170 :)

Last edited:
  Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Have been offered £300 cash for my 300gb 3gs which is tempting. Just wish I knew the price of the 16gb 4g on PAYG

RS Megane DCi 175

^^ 300GB? Jeez, where do I sign up for that s**t! ;)

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

damn me typing and working at same time. iFail

Hoing the 16gb is going to be closer to £450 than £500

LY 182

Why not plan for it to be a bit more and then have a nice surprise if it is a bit cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.