ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Mk4 .:R32
Re: iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (Read this before starting more threads)

I hope so! Voda are sh*t at letting people know! They need to take a leaf out of O2s book and actually give dates and likely tariffs

So for the 1200min tariff they have increased the cost per month by £5 based on the 3GS pay monthly prices.

BMW F31

hmmm, i reset my usage earlier, just checking a couple of emails and hitting up facebook and twitter and i've already used 1mb over a period of 3 hours.

For a 500mb limit over 30 days, you get an approx 16.6mb a day usage, tbh there's going to be days where i'm using data a lot more, using google maps for finding my way around etc and checking more emails and general browsing, looking back at my previous months usage its below 500mb but i'm still concerned i'll be edging towards the limit!

think i need a link on my home screen to data statistics as i know i'm going to be checking it a whole lot more now!!!

Do i need to know the sent or received Revels ?

its says its never been reset , so is there anyway to find out the date i got it on the phone settings ?

You must know roughly when you got it. It doesn't need to be exact.

i sound like a complete tool here but i have no idea.

Go cry to your momma!

for most people that're verging the edge of their data allowance, the only thing you'll be using (at a guess) more than usual, is radio streaming services as they're now allowed in the background..

I use the sling app a few times a month when I'm on the train which is probably one of the most data intensive streaming programs about and I've never used over 500mb in a month.

That's with multiple emails acc's being polled regularly, facebook, ebay, browsing and so on.

Well they aren't going to charge you anything extra until Oct1st as that's a gratis period so to speak.

If you go over you can buy an extra 500MB for £5 or 1GB extra for £10 a month.

E87 118d M Sport

Just thought I'd mention, anyone who is worried about the MMS situation, there is a fantastic app called "Whats app" which lets you send MMS etc to anyone who has the app installed. It costs £0.59, but at the cost of less than 3 MMS's, its a bargain and works really well.

Got it, November.

Sent = 258mb
Received = 1.6GB

I do use it on wifi at home etc.

Mondeo STTDCI

Putting the data limit to bed, I just checked my previous bills this year.

I THOUGHT I'd be quite a heavy user, I'm always on Facebook, Googling random stuff, Wikipedia. I DL the odd bits from iTunes as well! Anyway...here we go.

January 179,615kb
February 111,554kb
March 186,946kb
April 98,451kb
May 156,870kb

So it appears to me that I will be fine.

Putting the data limit to bed, I just checked my previous bills this year.

I THOUGHT I'd be quite a heavy user, I'm always on Facebook, Googling random stuff, Wikipedia. I DL the odd bits from iTunes as well! Anyway...here we go.

January 179,615kb
February 111,554kb
March 186,946kb
April 98,451kb
May 156,870kb

So it appears to me that I will be fine.

Spot on. People are panicking 'oh noes. Nasty o2 man took away teh unlimtedz' but in reality, it won't make a difference to many people at all. As usual, they just want to moan.

Got it, November.

Sent = 258mb
Received = 1.6GB

I do use it on wifi at home etc.

Wifi is yours to do as you wish. This is 'outside internet'

So that's less than 2GB in 8 months. I'd safely say you'll be fine.

E87 118d M Sport

198mb
195mb
286mb
211mb
175mb
511mb (this is dec, so could well have been xmas shopping, cant really remember tbh)
320mb
466mb
374mb
373mb

Here is 12months work of data for me. Only gone over once.

RS Megane DCi 175

I'm lucky that where I work, at home, gym etc all have free wi-fi, so I've just checked my usage and in nearly 2years I've done just under 3GB. lol.

What concerns me is say there are new features on the iPhone 4 that'll result in me using more than I have up to now (using a 3G).

sorted thanks chap, but im good anyway i think as i will be on the 750mb limit anyway.

Suzuki Jimny

Want.

Might be a stupid question, but what are the chances of me walking into an 02 shop when they are launched and setting up a contract for one?

Want.

Might be a stupid question, but what are the chances of me walking into an 02 shop when they are launched and setting up a contract for one?

If you're outside waiting at 8am.. high.

If you're going to wing it and go in at lunch.. low.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

just spoke to someone at orange and she said they do not need micro sims?? so do they not know anything or is it true?
thanks

BMW E46 330i Touring

m4rkie23 - that's pretty intense usage! I'm always on the net, FB, etc and the most I've used is around 110mb...

The normal user with wifi at home has no reason to worry.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

You spoke to a woman about technology?

I'm emailing Steve.

Honda. Tesla Someday

ummm...

I'm going to be upgrading to get the new iPhone 4.

issue I have is, when I upgrade, would I lose my unlimited uk data??? I'm on the £45 per month tariff with unlimited usage, but it looks like the new tariff is 750mb!

Currently I use between 1.5GB and 2.5GB downloading over 3G. I am soo screwed this has ruined everything.

BMW F31

just to clarify actually getting hold of one of these;

as it appears o2 wont be doing preorders, i guess waiting outside the shop on the 24th is the only option? i think as it stands at the moment i will be wanting to pay my last month of my contract then the cost of the new handset, so i guess i can do that instore?

anyone know what the options are?

ummm...

I'm going to be upgrading to get the new iPhone 4.

issue I have is, when I upgrade, would I lose my unlimited uk data??? I'm on the £45 per month tariff with unlimited usage, but it looks like the new tariff is 750mb!

Currently I use between 1.5GB and 2.5GB downloading over 3G. I am soo screwed this has ruined everything.

Yes. If you upgrade, you have to agree to the new deals. So you'd have to pay £10 extra a month to get you another GB.

How do you use that much?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

Yeah, she's wrong.

yeh, she said it was just for ipads, anyway, sorry for the questions mr iphone but, am i going to have to cut my sim card to get it to fit as i want to use my existing contract (16 months remaining)

BMW E46 330i Touring

I'm fairly sure you can pre-order through o2... I plan to do so online.

f**k a duck, I have to drop from 600 inclusive mins to 300 to get anywhere near my current monthly bill otherwise they want an extra £110 over the course of the plan. And to top it off I'm then shafted by a 500mb data cap which although I've only exceeded it twice in 15 months worries me a little.

Looks like I may be heading to Orange.

yeh, she said it was just for ipads, anyway, sorry for the questions mr iphone but, am i going to have to cut my sim card to get it to fit as i want to use my existing contract (16 months remaining)

You can cut it. There will be plenty available.

Or you can go into an Orange store.. "Hi. Please can I have a micro sim for my iPad'

BMW F31

I'm fairly sure you can pre-order through o2... I plan to do so online.

thats what i thought but theres a fair bit of talk across the net that this wont be happening?

You can pre-order from the 15th.

It says so on massive letters all over the o2 site.

BMW F31

f**k a duck, I have to drop from 600 inclusive mins to 300 to get anywhere near my current monthly bill otherwise they want an extra £110 over the course of the plan. And to top it off I'm then shafted by a 500mb data cap which although I've only exceeded it twice in 15 months worries me a little.

i read on their blog, that once you go over your speed just slows down so you wont be charged, then you can opt to pay for one of the bolt ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.