ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS7 - Features/Screenshots

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Maps was one of them, wasn't it?

Also, if you back up via Cable I'm sure it is compulsory to update FW at the same time.

They ADDED apple maps to IOS6, so if you wanted to add it to your phone you could upgrade to get it, but you didnt have to do so if you didnt want to add maps.

Cant comment on the cable as TBH I cant remember the last time I backed up on one so no idea what it does.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
They ADDED apple maps to IOS6, so if you wanted to add it to your phone you could upgrade to get it, but you didnt have to do so if you didnt want to add maps.

Cant comment on the cable as TBH I cant remember the last time I backed up on one so no idea what it does.

They were using Google maps previously until they wanted to rely more on their own software and added their own version of maps to iOS6.

If you were still running iOS5 (With Google Maps).. the map system wouldn't work anymore.

If I remember correctly.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They were using Google maps previously until they wanted to rely more on their own software and added their own version of maps to iOS6.

If you were still running iOS5 (With Google Maps).. the map system wouldn't work anymore.

If I remember correctly.

No if you were running IOS5 and stayed on it google maps kept working ,but if you went to IOS6 it stopped I think was the correct way around mate.

So I think you have that totally arse backwards TBH

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I remember hanging with iOS5 and Google Maps ending up not connecting to any servers, so it either ended or it was my phone itself messing about.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I remember hanging with iOS5 and Google Maps ending up not connecting to any servers, so it either ended or it was my phone itself messing about.

Maybe you were out of signal or had a flat battery?

They can both hamper getting a maps connection, but neither of them mean you have to update your IOS and apple are evil TBH

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
From what I have read in here no one is a moaning about flaws with the beta. More pointing them out. I think everyone knows it won't be perfect.

It's more people moaning about people moaning tbh

320d M Sport
I like it.

Few things I've noticed:

*it now knows if you're charging cable isn't an official one. Tells you that your phone could be at risk.

*it keeps wanting to automatically put ".co.uk" at the end of everything I search for in safari?!

*its got location services turned off by default.

*time on the clock is wrong, due to above I think (now fixed).

*weather graphics missing from notification setting (boo!).

320d M Sport
Oh and my appointments from week Cal or calendar aren't showing in notification centre.

And also slide to unlock works from anywhere on the screen.

The .co.uk thing is simply you hitting the .co.uk button that is annoyingly placed pretty much bang on where you would have previously hit the space on a search, it was happening to me until I caught myself. This is one of the reasons why a combined address / search bar can suck ass on a mobile.

AK

M240i
The removal of the weather and the ability to post to Twitter/Facebook from notification centre is not to my liking.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The removal of the weather and the ability to post to Twitter/Facebook from notification centre is not to my liking.

Weather is there. There's a summary?

I've never posted once from notification centre.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Anybody know of a decent hopefully free application to extract a .ipsw file from a .dmg file on a mac?

downloaded the file which took an age and now can't seem to find a reliable conversion tool!

or even better anybody got a link or can send me the IOS7 .ispw file?

AK

M240i
Weather is there. There's a summary?

I've never posted once from notification centre.

Yeah summary is good, just preferred what was there before, thought it was nicer.

I never in the beginning but towards the end I did, it's quite useful actually, for me anyway.

Clio 1.2 16V
Anybody know of a decent hopefully free application to extract a .ipsw file from a .dmg file on a mac?

downloaded the file which took an age and now can't seem to find a reliable conversion tool!

or even better anybody got a link or can send me the IOS7 .ispw file?

Just run/mount the .dmg file? Then the .ispw file should be in there for you to extract. Shouldn't need any extra tools.

If you can't figure out how to double click a .dmg file then I strongly suggest you don't piss about with beta software.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I have gone back to iOS6 until a later date. My phone was struggling with battery life and it was heating up a fair bit.

Overall though I'm massively impressed.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Just run/mount the .dmg file? Then the .ispw file should be in there for you to extract. Shouldn't need any extra tools.

It won't open/mount thats another issue it throws up "the following disk images couldn't be opened" "ios_7_beta_iphone5 - Not recognised" searching google and it seems apple did this with another beta and theres a lot of talk about extracting the .ispw from the .DMG

If you can't figure out how to double click a .dmg file then I strongly suggest you don't piss about with beta software.

Thanks for your smart arse answer read above and you'll see the reasons

Clio 1.2 16V
Strange, I'd say it's corrupted if its not letting you open the .dmg file. Might be best to try and "obtain" another copy from a different source.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If it doesn't work its not the right file.

The build i downloaded from the developer portal worked perfectly.

That said i did have an issue once with IPSW's expanding when downloaded directly (as in not contained within a DMG)

Last edited:

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Strange, I'd say it's corrupted if its not letting you open the .dmg file. Might be best to try and "obtain" another copy from a different source.

If it doesn't work its not the right file.

The build i downloaded from the developer portal worked perfectly.

That said i did have an issue once with IPSW's expanding when downloaded directly (as in not contained within a DMG)

ye seems strange I downloaded from the mega.co.nz which seems a popular one might try and find another suitable link to the download and go from there

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
all sorted turned out to be a corrupted first download, 2nd time lucky and all went smoothly

Really liking the new look and feel and for a "beta" it seems really slick

From my quick play the only change Im not liking is with Calendar, seems the new update doesn't allow you to see all your appointments like the old style ie looking across the whole month and seeing the coloured Bars that make up different events like holidays and time booked off work etc was much easier with the old version to scan across and see what was upcoming.

all sorted turned out to be a corrupted first download, 2nd time lucky and all went smoothly

From my quick play the only change Im not liking is with Calendar, seems the new update doesn't allow you to see all your appointments like the old style ie looking across the whole month and seeing the coloured Bars that make up different events like holidays and time booked off work etc was much easier with the old version to scan across and see what was upcoming.

The calendar is missing some simple things like that, but if you press search at the top if the calendar, you can scroll through the months appointments.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
The calendar is missing some simple things like that, but if you press search at the top if the calendar, you can scroll through the months appointments.

ye had a play and turning the phone landscape also shows it kinda like the old style but it's still not at a glance so to speak like the old calendar.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I love it so far. Little things like the background moving behind icons when you tilt are really nice - quite androidy maybe but cool all the same.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

It's there, press the magnifying glass in month view.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
It's there, press the magnifying glass in month view.

ye can see the list view now, still missing the dots against a certain date it the whole month view if you know what I mean, so by scanning the whole month I can see what days have something planned in, where as on IOS7 is just shows you the red dot indicating what the current date is.

An orange one
Well seemingly iOS 7 doesn't work with BMW Bluetooth so no way am I downloading this until general release and BMW will have a software update

ye can see the list view now, still missing the dots against a certain date it the whole month view if you know what I mean, so by scanning the whole month I can see what days have something planned in, where as on IOS7 is just shows you the red dot indicating what the current date is.

I know what you mean.

Just did a screenshot of mine and the Wife's.

9037113276_88a7164f4b.png
9037113802_69aedfa9b0.png
9034890641_f1b8222a83.png

Well seemingly iOS 7 doesn't work with BMW Bluetooth so no way am I downloading this until general release and BMW will have a software update

I did wonder why mine wasn't working, assumed BMW had reset it on Tuesday.