ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS7 - Features/Screenshots

Not sure why everyone is rushing to download it. Personally I'd rather wait for the gold version to be released. I have heard of numerous minor errors which just isn't worth downloading.

Personally, the Control Center (SBSettings type-thing) is reason enough for me to put up with a few bugs.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
It's the battery life that I'm struggling with, had to charge my phone 3 times yesterday. Bar that there aren't many bugs really, well nothing major anyway.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I like it. I'll wait for it to be released properly though :)

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I know I've said I wont but the main reason I'm waiting is incase I get the new phone that it will be released on. If I wait then it will completely feel like a whole new device. if I download it now there wont be any point in getting the new phone.

BG 182
sorry if this has been mentioned

But ive just gone into safari to see about the layout and its got my ipad and macbook pro pages on there aswell! very happy with this!

Clio 197
Nope.

​Barring features that will be iPhone5S specific, this is it.

Maybe , but bug fixes will no doubt be streaming in & in conjunction with these fixes I am sure that more 'polishing' will be done in the next few months.

S2H

RS Clio 200
Am I the only one that doesn't like the look of this. Prefer the black background white text design of the current IOS to this new everything is white design. :/

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I'd be tempted to try the beta on the work phone, if I could stomach installing the atrocity that is iTunes on my PC.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
sorry if this has been mentioned

But ive just gone into safari to see about the layout and its got my ipad and macbook pro pages on there aswell! very happy with this!

They are iCloud tabs. Been present in iOS 6 but just in a different place. I really like it the way it is!

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
A few things I like since I got it Monday night -

Using panorama photos for the lock screen and it dynamically moves as you love your device. Very cool!

Being able to see your wallpaper when pressing numbers on the dial pad when making a call.

A few of us here have iOS 7 but not manager AirDrop yet though. :/

All in all, fairly stable compared to previous betas. Completely usable in everyday use too!

Really liking the new iOS from my few hours with it, still getting used to the odd bits and bobs.

​I do have a badge on the settings app though and cannot for the life of me find out what it is! Anyone else had anything similar?

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Really liking the new iOS from my few hours with it, still getting used to the odd bits and bobs.

​I do have a badge on the settings app though and cannot for the life of me find out what it is! Anyone else had anything similar?

A badge? Hmm!!! Only time I've ever known a badge to appear on the settings app is for OTA updates...

Tried a soft reset?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
if I was just shown those pictures with no explanation, I would have pinned that as an android based OS.

Couple of screenshots CJ

IMG_1870_zpsf7da8265.png

IMG_1871_zps79b0f16c.png

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Am I the only one that doesn't like the look of this. Prefer the black background white text design of the current IOS to this new everything is white design. :/

No I dont like it much either.

I bet half the people in this thread who love it would have hated it if it was the next android release too, FLOL.

From a techie point of view I was disappointed. I look forward to what Apple have to offer and when I heard they were moving away from the typical skeuomorphic design I was more excited than I have been for previous launches. I really thought they would push the boundaries but instead I am struggling to understand what exactly Jony Ive has been doing for the past year. Its certainly a fresher look but a little too safe.

Ph 1 172
Going to wait till I get hands on with it to pass judgment, but to me it still seems simple simple simple. I wish I could have the live tiles on my iphone 5 like I did my Nokia lumia 800. Everything else about tge Nokia sucked just loved the live tiles

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
​Not exactly, there will be 7ish betas between now and then. Things will change.

There won't be anymore features though, barring those that are specific to the iPhone5S. There will be tweaks and bug fixes, but what you're seeing is a feature complete version of iOS7 for current devices.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i'm not going to argue. (or apparently i am? :S)

There's a load missing from this version and "features" have been added in previous pre-releases as the beta program progresses.
For example some of the Siri optimisation is missing, voice recording is missing and a few other bits aren't finished yet (as per the release notes)

BUT, As you say the main elements are signed off and wont change.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Ebay has some weird iOS6 only stuff in the latest release. It probably does a version check and fails.

Again this is why Beta's are bad news.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You can't complain when apps don't work in a beta you're not meant to have!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You can't complain when apps don't work in a beta you're not meant to have!

+1

People dont quite seem to understand the idea of a beta TEST version.

They seem to think its just a way to get the full thing earlier, lol.

If you want something to play around with and feel upto date its cool, if you want your phone to work in the epically reliable way that iPhones normally do then wait for the full version to be released officially.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Would be okay if upgrading to this look/design was optional.

I'd opt out.

I don't think they should "make" people change because as of now.. iOS has always looked relatively similar in all releases and could be a big selling point when people bought the phone.

How about you go out, buy a nice car, but after a week of owning it you have to have a sledge hammer bought to the bonnet because that's what Renault like?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Argument? More of a discussion....

However, I honestly don't ever remember them adding new features post beta 1 other than features specific to unannounced hardware although I'm happy to be proven wrong on that.

Announced features that aren't currently enabled don't count!