ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Introduction!

Monaco 172
Hey guys,

So I came snooping around ClioSport a year ago now looking for a nice FF 182 but never found what I was looking for. Yesterday I purchased a 172 and I am now a club member!

My names Luke but people call me Shep, i'm from Blackpool and im 25 years old. I'm a nuclear scientist and me and my partner are expecting our first baby daughter in May!

I am a car nut and wanted something fun but practical at the same time (the mrs has the 5 door family car)! I came across an advert for a completely standard 172 based in Preston (20 minutes away). The seller was asking £2000 for an 2002 Clio 172 in Monaco blue with 39k on the clock - I thought it was too good to be true. All belts and tensioners were done by Renault 1 year ago with receipts to prove and everything was perfect and straight on the car, it has had 4 owners and has an extensive history! The young lad works for BMW and has a company car now so has no need for the clio. It has wanted for nothing and he had tons of receipts. Another bonus is has a factory fitted Sat Nav but unfortuantely it has never worked he said. Hoepfully I can get it working. Anyway, I managed to barter him down to £1850 as it needs a rear wheel bearing and handbrake cable adjustment. Apart from that is an abslute minter and my friend whom is a mechanic was present at the viewing and said it was worth £2.5k all day long. I am just waiting to pick it up as it is on a private plate at the moment... exciting times.

I look forward getting to know you all!

Shep!

Last edited:
  BG FF 182
Welcome to the club, sounds like you got yourself a good one there! Look forward to seeing some pictures...

Clio 172
This is the most expensive forum I have ever joined. Ever.

You clearly haven't appreciated this place for what it is.

Not only have I got some great tech help/bargains, but iv also had amazing advice on careers, money, Romanian neighbours, fraud and god knows what else.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
You clearly haven't appreciated this place for what it is.

Not only have I got some great tech help/bargains, but iv also had amazing advice on careers, money, Romanian neighbours, fraud and god knows what else.

You missed the point.