ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Introduction to Detailing Day - Number 2.

After the success that was the first Introduction to Detailing Day, I have been in contact with Phil. He was very very happy with the day and said he really enjoyed it. Thankyou again to everyone who turned up, we all did CS proud what with the awful weather, and the difficulties with the roads in the area on the day.

Off the back of last week we have discussed doing another, and have come to the following arrangment:

Hi Eddie
Ok lets go for the same again rotary vs da machine polishing plus ironx vs auto-wheel(which we couldn't because of the weather), engine bay detailing. Can we roll with 15th July if that works for you? Maybe a bbq if the weather is good enough!

Kind regards,

Phil
Shinearama Limited

Basically Phil has agreed to do another open day at his workshop, covering more detailed machine polishing work, and some specific wheel cleaning. On top of this, we will cover engine bay detailing, which is something I have personally asked to be included seeing as it's something that often gets forgotten about.

Those who came to the last open day will know, it's always a good day, and usually very hands on, they encourage you to have a go, which I find a great thing! The guys there are all really friendly and prepared to answer any questions you have. They have a shop there too, and everything is very very well priced.

I need to see who is interested so I can let him know mid next week that we 100% want Sunday 15th July.

Who? Anyone, from new starters to the experts are all welcome along.

What? The day will cover wheel cleaning and specific wheel cleaners, we will also look at in depth paint correction, discussing the pro's and con's of rotary/DA polishing. We will also cover engine bay detailing.

When? Sunday 15th July. Start time tbc, usually around 10am.

Where? Shinearama Workshop, Altrincham. See map: http://g.co/maps/4byqt

I would thoroughly recommend coming along to this if you have the time, everyone will be able to take something away from it, even the experts will be able to benefit from it. If all of that doesn't swing it for you, there will be Bacon butties and a hot drink for breakfast, all of which, including the day, is completely free.

Hope to see you all there, stick your name down if you can, just so I can let Phil know closer to the time how many people to expect.

Many thanks,

Eddie.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely up for this! Obviously this is well in advance at the moment, but i've checked my calendar and i've got nothing on that day.

Maybe i can butcher some more 200's :evil:

1. TheKid
2. Withoutabix (neil)
3. JamesBryan

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Ah missing this one also my 21dt is on the 14th :( I'll be to drunk still on the Sunday

2002 Clio 172 Cup
1. TheKid
2. Withoutabix (neil)
3. JamesBryan
4. MatthewR
5. XxHarDinGxX
6. Townlea

Count me in :)

Missed the last one due to family commitments but I'm free for round 2! Never used a rotary or a DA before as i've never built up the courage to use one. Be good to pick some tips up and persuade myself to buy one.

M135i and the shed
1. TheKid
2. Withoutabix (neil)
3. JamesBryan
4. MatthewR
5. XxHarDinGxX
6. Townlea
7. Poobah

Good times. Was gutted I couldn't make the first one.

Italian 3.2 V6
I seemed to be missed out already!

1. TheKid
2. Withoutabix (neil)
3. JamesBryan
4. MatthewR
5. XxHarDinGxX
6. PSJ
7. Townlea
8. Poobah

Ph1 ITB'd 172
1. TheKid
2. Withoutabix (neil)
3. JamesBryan
4. MatthewR
5. XxHarDinGxX
6. PSJ
7. Townlea
8. Poobah
9. Pete.M

Can count me in again to.

Just confirmed with Phil that date, I will send a follow up email next Wednesday to set it in stone (just see how many numbers we get, but the response already is looking like we can proceed with it)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome. Anyone who didn't go to the last one will love it. Really nice guys and they know their stuff!

1. TheKid
2. Withoutabix (neil)
3. JamesBryan
4. MatthewR
5. XxHarDinGxX
6. PSJ
7. Townlea
8. Poobah
9. Pete.M
10. Rhys (more than likely)
11. Chris

Mini Cooper S
1. TheKid
2. Withoutabix (neil)
3. JamesBryan
4. MatthewR
5. XxHarDinGxX
6. PSJ
7. Townlea
8. Poobah
9. Pete.M
11. Chris
12. Nashy + 1

1. TheKid
2. Withoutabix (neil)
3. JamesBryan
4. MatthewR
5. XxHarDinGxX
6. PSJ
7. Townlea
8. Poobah
9. Pete.M
11. Chris
12. Nashy + 1
13. Jon

M135i and the shed
1. TheKid
2. Withoutabix (neil)
3. JamesBryan
4. MatthewR
5. XxHarDinGxX
6. PSJ
7. Townlea
8. Poobah +1
9. Pete.M
11. Chris
12. Nashy + 1
13. Jon

Talked my mate in to attending also.

AG 200 cup
Ill be up for this again was good last weekend.

1. TheKid
2. Withoutabix (neil)
3. JamesBryan
4. MatthewR
5. XxHarDinGxX
6. PSJ
7. Townlea
8. Poobah +1
9. Pete.M
11. Chris
12. Nashy + 1
13. Jon
14. Chappers
15. Boffey

clio 1.2 16v
1. TheKid
2. Withoutabix (neil)
3. JamesBryan
4. MatthewR
5. XxHarDinGxX
6. PSJ
7. Townlea
8. Poobah +1
9. Pete.M
11. Chris
12. Nashy + 1
13. Jon
14. Chappers
15. Boffey
16.Fastharry ( not in the clio, ;) )

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm taking £50 cash this time. It's too risky taking your debit card.

Will there be bacon available again? Good butties, them.