ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

intermittently cutting out instead of idle on 1.2 16v dynamique

1.2 16v clio
Hey all,

So on friday i was sat in traffic and the light that looks like the diesal glow plug light came on, the cars idle was lumpy and anytime my revs dropped below 10000 it stalled the only way to keep it going was to rev the tits off of it. After a while the light disappears and it drives normally again it has happened on and off twice but since then nothing any ideas?

Car was serviced in feb and had a new coilpack installed in april

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I had this a few weeks ago, really annoying at it used to happen in the most awkward places! And made me luck like a chav for having to rev it :eek:. It turned out to be the air valve apparently. Get it diagnosed mate.

1.2 16v clio
Cheers mate booked it into my local garage on friday only for the problem to disappear at least i can drive it now though. Mine cut out on the m42 whilst queueing in traffic got some funny looks from the people in their car next to me especially with my exhaust haha

renault clio 1.2 16v diam
same thing happened to me and it turned out to be the coil and spark plugs got them from eurocarparts and cost about £60 and fitted them myself easy.When it first happened i put it into arnold clark for them to tell me that it was an electrical fault and stung me for £79.95 so dont do it and do it yourself.
kenny