ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance

From firect line and i will leave it there, but anyway im just trying to help u all. the link is this
http://www.directline.com/motor/under.htm
The most important step you can take is to consider carefully what car to drive. If you are tempted to drive a sports car you need to consider that this could affect your insurance premium. Also, Direct Line will not insure any under-25s on a car with modifications (such as changing the exhaust or suspension, adding spoilers or extra lights). So, look at how much the car would cost to buy, how much it costs to repair (parts and labour), the safety record of the model of car and its possible attractiveness to thieves.

Lou, I know this is a simple "toys out of the pram" approach, but if an insurer told me that factory options were mods when I went to insure my car, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. If they quibble over me having x and y optional extras from a factory standard car, what are they going to quibble about if I were to have an accident.

"You changed tyres from Pirellis to Contis, your insurance is void".

No thanks.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
The cup pack is changing the standard suspension and a spoiler is a mod if it comes with it or not

I am confused, is it only classed as a mod if its a 200 with cup pack added, but if you buy a 200 cup then that's fine as the 200 cup comes standard with cup suspension so is not a factory upgrade? (this is presuming you can even get a 200 with cup pack because i am very confused)

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Also lbrench if you have any part time jobs going for a broke student that mean he will earn enough to buy a 200 then i would be more than happy to help!!!!!!:D

I am confused, is it only classed as a mod if its a 200 with cup pack added, but if you buy a 200 cup then that's fine as the 200 cup comes standard with cup suspension so is not a factory upgrade? (this is presuming you can even get a 200 with cup pack because i am very confused)

Yes i could get cheap insurance on a 200 cup but then it jumped from £800 to 1400 when it was a 200 with cup pack optional extra, its stupid

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Last edited:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Care to explain..

well for example ive found a company who print abroad and i resell there product, so i can get 10000 a5 double sided flyers printed for 25 quid but i sell them for 80 quid (over 300percent mark up straight away) now if they need it designing aswell i can do the print and design for 230 ish and the design takes me 2 hours so its 2 hours work for 230 quid, and if they just want the print they email me the artwork i email it to the printers, it gets printed and they recieve it 3 days after the day they ordered it, other things like events managements, u rent a bar out for the night and hold ur own event there, charge a couple of quid on the door, if u advertise it well and u get 250 people at 2 quid a pop u can make 500 quid, and to keep the bar happy u say to them u keep all the money made on the bar, so they get alot of money and so do u, there are loads of ways to do it, another one that ive done it buy a nice dslr camera for about 450 and advertise urself as events photographer, u can charge 350 a day if u want, u do it twice that means uve made money and paid for the camera

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Yes i could get cheap insurance on a 200 cup but then it jumped from £800 to 1400 when it was a 200 with cup pack optional extra, its stupid

Yeah that is pretty ridiculous, f**king insurance companies!!

Lol at buying a camera and advertising yourself as an events photographer!!

Just bought a blue light for my car. Now I'm a police officer . . .

Look from the link
I had reversing sensors fitted and when I informed my insurance company and was chatting to the operator I found that the factory fitted options (Fords sports pack 1 on a C-Max) also needed to be declared. I wonder how many other people who have factory fitted options are aware that they need to declare them as the vehicle is not "standard build".
Chris Pickard, Hull

Strange brentacre said you need to have a mod to be insured, unless its due to your age. When I insured mine it could have been mod free no charge for adding extras.

Louis the cup pack is not a mod, you've been had.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Lol at buying a camera and advertising yourself as an events photographer!!

Just bought a blue light for my car. Now I'm a police officer . . .

obviosly its not that simple but it works. helped me buy 200!!

Strange brentacre said you need to have a mod to be insured, unless its due to your age. When I insured mine it could have been mod free no charge for adding extras.

Louis the cup pack is not a mod, you've been had.

I managed to get it to £890 through elephant which i was very happy with tbh, regardless its a great car dude, im sure you will love it.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Not being a twit, but it clearly didn't help the people wanting special photos of their special day/event, did it?

not proper events, like night clubs etc, like tilllate.com and things like that, ive done photography for abut 3 years so im not just some idiot with a camera

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Did you go for recaros dude?

no because the recaros and cup chasis didnt agree with me, just felt very harsh, went for cup chasis with the black and white sport seats, i do about 50 miles of motorway a week aswell so dont think they would be a good idea, did u go with them?

Clio 200
makes me realise how lucky I am to get insurance for 800 quid on a brand new 200, 22 2 years ncb 2 claims in the last 3 years 1 fault 1 non fault, in a shitty post code

@ lbrench, all joking aside atleast you know what you've got yourself into (money & commitment wise) but as you say you only live once so I hope you enjoy the 200 mate!, get some pics up when you get it :)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
@ lbrench, all joking aside atleast you know what you've got yourself into (money & commitment wise) but as you say you only live once so I hope you enjoy the 200 mate!, get some pics up when you get it :)

yeh they will be plenty pics of it when i get it