ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance

UMMMMM Just to make you aware due to the cup pack 95% will refuse to insure you as its classed as a MOD and you are under 25, if people start telling you they wont then just give it ago, thats what put it up for me, also if u dont delcare it then i personally thing u are running a risk.
Im 21 with 3ys ncb with 3 others on it and is £890 with elephant.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL. Cup pack is a Factory Option not a modification.

If i order the MP3 stereo option is that a mod?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
its got the cup chasis and ive got a qoute throught brentacre but its got to have mods to insure it so im just gona bolt an aitfilter on :p the guy said aslon as its got a mod then they will insure me for 2900 which is the best ive found, and im 19 with 1yr NCB

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Two thousand nine hundred pounds?

So thats £500 a month on a car. (I'm assuming you aren't paying cash unless you have £20,000 lying around)

No. You're wrong I'm afraid.

You can keep arguing, but you're wrong.

Tom does this guy know linds? If so speak to him as he did it with me, you go through it then come back plus you are over 25 so it doesnt affect you.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Mate he's right.

Its an option not a mod. How could it possibly be classed as a mod?
If your insurance company don't agree you need to educate them

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
500 quid a month? how u work that out? ive put an 8 grand deposit down on the car, i got the car for 14500 and ive put 6500 on finance and im paying the insurance off yearly so i wil be paying 260ish a month so its not that bad really

listen i know its not a mod i told them its not a mod i called renault, i called BBA u guys havent had to do it recently, if u wanna know give aviva a call, call sains, call direct line seriously anyway, i dont want this to turn into an argument so thatys fine u guys can think what eva :)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Mate he's right.

Its an option not a mod. How could it possibly be classed as a mod?
If your insurance company don't agree you need to educate them

and hes right a mod is something added that wasnt added at the factory, if its an option when u order it then its a factory option not a mod

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
and yeh 2900 is abit steep but its the only way im gona be able to drive it and you only live once so who gives a f**k :p

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
listen i know its not a mod i told them its not a mod i called renault, i called BBA u guys havent had to do it recently, if u wanna know give aviva a call, call sains, call direct line seriously anyway, i dont want this to turn into an argument so thatys fine u guys can think what eva :)

I have to do it every year.

I have a 182 with cup suspension pack.

Audi S1
Louism, anything which is bought as standard is standard not a mod.

It's only a mod if you add to a standard car.

Tom does this guy know linds? If so speak to him as he did it with me, you go through it then come back plus you are over 25 so it doesnt affect you.

Eh? What you on about? Lol

If you paid extra then you were conned. Simple really.

I'm not over 25 either, I just type like an adult.

I know its not a mod, and if u are over 25 then its not classed as a mod but if u are under 25 it falls into the same cat, guys seriously call a few

I know 4 people with 182's, with Cup Packs, quite a few years under the age of 25 who have never had to pay for it as a mod...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I had a 182 with cup suspension pack at 21.

I had to do it for 4 years, i know what you are saying but they are wrong for getting you to put it down as a mod.

Only trying to help.

I know its not a mod, and if u are over 25 then its not classed as a mod but if u are under 25 it falls into the same cat, guys seriously call a few

LOL!!!!!

I can understand it being cheaper at 25. But how is it not a mod at a certain age?

just got off the phone with brent acre and they gave me £2900 but i have to modify it so im just gona bang an airfilter on it and then it should be fine, and i didnt order a 200 without checking quotes but the one i found which was 1900 had some hidden catches like milage limits etc

Eh?

whats that supposed to mean aswell?

Ronnie means are you spending 20k insuring and buying a new car when you still eat and live at home. Simple really.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Eh?

Ronnie means are you spending 20k insuring and buying a new car when you still eat and live at home. Simple really.

well ive gone through an insurance company who only insures modified cars so in order to get that price it needs to be modified, so im just gona put like a pippercross on it or something, he sed it wud class as a mod which wud make it ok and no i dont live at home, i work quiet hard tbh

audi a6 3.0tdi
brentacre are a good company i'm with them and they don't charge you for mods. Greenlight used to charge me a £25 admin fee everytime i changed something.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
brentacre are a good company i'm with them and they don't charge you for mods. Greenlight used to charge me a £25 admin fee everytime i changed something.

yeh thats who ive gone with, heard good things about them, they legit then?

Can I just clarify.. You're 19. You don't live at home. You run a print/design business. Work part time for 3. And you're still in education?

You've got some go in you!

Yeh. You're asking questions that he's already answered at least twice.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Can I just clarify.. You're 19. You don't live at home. You run a print/design business. Work part time for 3. And you're still in education?

You've got some go in you!

Yeh. You're asking questions that he's already answered at least twice.

correct, money is there to be earned, just got to be switched on, there is hundreds of ways to make money very very fast without doing much work and without being illegal