ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
hi, im new to the forum, i pick up my new clio 200 on tuesday from the dealership and i need to find some insurance but im getting stupidly overpriced quotes, can any of you suggest any cheap places i can insure it? im 19 so the cheaper the better

thanks

lbrench

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
FLOL buying a 200 at 19 with out checking insurance

Every companies going to want stupid amounts of money, because your Young have limited driving experience, the Car is a NEW hot hatch and worth money.

and again FLOL.

Theres companies like Bell that are usually cheaper than most but TBH the prices are going to be stupid, like you were for not checking before.

Oh dear. Brand new car with no idea of costs?

Have fun with £4k quotes.

Also, don't insure it illegally but putting it in your Mum/Dads name.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Seriously though, surley you would have known better than to just buy it then check the quotes before hand????

God almighty...!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
You will have to pay are fair bit because of your age but like Ronnie said, add female family members. With my mum on my policy it saves me nearly 500 pounds.

I found elephant to be one of the cheapest so i am with them, but there are others.

Use the search funtion of the website as loads of people have asked about insurance before and there is loads of advice.

Titanium 182
You will be able to get it just under £2000 if you have a clean licence. That's the best you can hope for though. If you can afford a brand new 200 I'm guessing 2-3k insurance isn't too much of a problem.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I just did a quote on a 200 cup and its exactly the same premium as my 172 cup? wtf i thought it would be s**t loads more.

Titanium 182
197's are an insurance group lower than a normal 172/182 and two lower than a 172 cup so I imagine 200's are the same. It was cheaper for me to insure a 197 then my old 182.

ordering a 200 and not checking insurance? maaaan I think this is going to end in tears for you (pain) and us (laughter) ;)

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Why?

The 200 is a group 15E

I didn't realise it was a lower group!! Plus my cup is worth nothing compared to a 200 (i don't completely understand how insurance premiums work) I thought that if the cars value was higher then it would cost more to insure?

Audi S1
I didn't realise it was a lower group!! Plus my cup is worth nothing compared to a 200 (i don't completely understand how insurance premiums work) I thought that if the cars value was higher then it would cost more to insure?

Pending age, location etc.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
well its not a problem paying the 3 grand, just abit s**t really

just got off the phone with brent acre and they gave me £2900 but i have to modify it so im just gona bang an airfilter on it and then it should be fine, and i didnt order a 200 without checking quotes but the one i found which was 1900 had some hidden catches like milage limits etc

Mini Cooper S
Doubt you'll beat £2900! Not that bad if you ask me.

Good luck with the new car, hope you're not getting in a shitload of debt for it!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
You must have one hell of a good job, or a very nice bank manager.

3K for insurance is stupid, its just a clio.

It also includes things like NCAP safety ratings, factory security and also generally newer cars are cheaper to insure (like for like & within reason!!).

I went from a 95' fiesta 1.3 to a 2001 1.6 16v focus my premium dropped by half within the same year & ncb.

alot of insurers i've contacted only ask if the car is worth more or less than £30k, seeing as you only get market value when you make a claim its kind of bs.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
will put some pics up when i pick it up, put an 8 grand deposit down and the doing 6500 on finance over 2 years so nah hardly anything really, i got an all black one with black speedline wheels with red brakes, black tinted rear windows, cup chasis, and its got all the goodies like keyless start and cruise control, AC and all that extra stuff, im really looking forward to getting it tbh

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
oh yeh i have to put an airfilter on it for them to insure me but i dont want to put one that will ruin the cars performance so what do u recommend? pipercross?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Nice.

Good Luck - who did you go with in the end (insurance)

brent acre, gona ring up and pay it on tuesday, will get some decents pics of it on tuesday when i pick it up, can anyone recommend a decent airfilter for it?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
alot of hard work, im selling my polo if anyone wants it? 350 quid, the wheels are worth more than the car lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Mr Spock would not like this thread.

insp_logic.png

Mini Cooper S
Just get a performance Panel filter from K-tec. Won't affect the noise and will slightly increase performance.

Well done for having the money, the hard work pays off ;)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Doing what? Really curious now tbh.

Dont worry I'm not a drug dealer lol, I'm part time at college but I also own a small print and design company with some mates and I work part time for 3 mobile (let the hate begin) which pays good commision so I work quiet hard tbh

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Fair play! Must be good commision and you must be sh*t hot at it! Lol.

Post up pics of your Polo in General Media, need to see!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yeh wil do, it's a rat look tho ( again, let The hate begin) :p

and yeh trying to get a part time job in sales at renault

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Well done mate, if i had the money i would do the same!!! (my insurance would be less tho :eek:) Work hard, play hard and all that!!

It sounds amazing black car, black wheels etc... nice!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
its a mk3, j reg, will get some pics up later, its lowerd 90mm, on some polished pirelli p slot wheels, fully stripped out, straight through exhaust and the body work is 'rat look'

drives really really well though, amazing through corners