ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance??!!

Black/Gold 182
cheapest for me was Bell, until I found they class the cup packs as mods. Then I went back to Direct line.

I'm 32, full NCB, no crashes etc, car garaged and I pay ~£450 fully comp with protected NCB

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
donsrno1 said:
Who is that with mate?

Elephant.

crap company to be honest (customer service wise) but only with them as cheap alternative until my (the one i work for) insurance company will insure me :(

Pikey Truck
Ive got a Quote from Equity Redstar for 1200, im 21 2 years ncb, 1 claim and 3 points. Was quite chuffed as i got quotes for like 1600 + and upto 3k before!!

Renault Clio Grande 1.2
My insurance is with Nationwide for £878 fully comp with legal assistance. It would've been £856 without the legal assistance but it was pretty cheap anyway so I just added it on.

I'm 21, held license for 3 years (nearly 4) but no ncb 'cause this is my first car :D

Other companies quoted me around 1k-1.2k

RenaultSport clio 172
ChrisE said:
What do u guys pay for insurance and who are the cheapest??

Try Sainsburys - they've just entered into the insurance market and they're selling policies at around cost + 3-5%. Always check the small-print for exclusions, or for excess's or cover limit, those are often the only real differences between policies.

I pay £250 a year for my 172, fully comp, protected NCB, etc, etc.

Regards

I am with Admiral for the 172, cheapest I could find that insure my mods and protect 4 yrs no claims (Greenlight only protect 5). I am 26 by the way and pay £700 for the Clio.
My Delta Evo 2 only costs me £350 a year on an agreed value (£13500), limited mileage classic car policy.

RenaultSport clio 172
blackcat said:
My Delta Evo 2 only costs me £350 a year on an agreed value (£13500), limited mileage classic car policy.

My Integrales used to be with AON, at £250 a year, but over the past few years they've cut their cover and raised their excess. I'm with ClassicLine now, they've been under £300 for the past 2 years.

Regards

Hi G18llo, I take it you are the same guy as on evoforum.
Classicline quoted me £470 this year, but they said that when I am over 30 my premium should shoot down. I am a bit worried about any insurance policy on the delta as I can't see the solextra glass being covered by their windows policy and I don't really trust any insurance company.

glasgow182 said:
i pay £1100 fully comp on a 182. im 19 with 2ncb. :D

f*ck thats cheap, they want £2.3k to insure me, 20 2 ncb, but 1 accident :(
just tried a running a quote without the accident and its still £2.2k, how did you get it so cheap? I live in an EXCELLENT post code etc etc.

Last edited:
  RenaultSport clio 182 Cup
i pay 2300 at 20 with 1ncb and 1 accident on a 182 cup. thats with elephant (same company as bell and admiral)

RenaultSport clio 172
blackcat said:
Hi G18llo, I take it you are the same guy as on evoforum.
Classicline quoted me £470 this year, but they said that when I am over 30 my premium should shoot down. I am a bit worried about any insurance policy on the delta as I can't see the solextra glass being covered by their windows policy and I don't really trust any insurance company.

Hi

Yeah, I'm the same G18LL0 that's on the Evoforum. I go on there quite regularly but it's quite rare that I ever post now.

The trouble you'll have is that you can't get new Solextra any more, absolutely no one has it, and the only way you'll get a replacement is by buying it 2nd hand....... and it's expensive!! It's a bit like Evo wings, £400 for a 2nd hand item!!

I'm over 30 so pretty much all insurance is cheap these days.

Regards

VRS
im paying 775 quid wiv ardian flux for my nxt years insurance
thats a 182 with coilovers declared, im 24 wiv 4years ncb and 1 claim wiv car being kept on driveway

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
theduckeatspork said:
f*ck thats cheap, they want £2.3k to insure me, 20 2 ncb, but 1 accident :(
just tried a running a quote without the accident and its still £2.2k, how did you get it so cheap? I live in an EXCELLENT post code etc etc.

i dont have a clue mate :rasp: . thats also with my car being noted as left out on the street as i dont have a drive never mind a garage.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
Hector said:
glasgow182, sure you told them it was a 182 not a 1point2 ;)

haha
nup deffinetly 182. they first had it down as a 172 cup as they couldnt find the RS 182 :S lol but they bird eventually found it.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
Best place to look for insurance is www.insuresupermarket.com compares prices of all the insurers.

Ive been with direct line for years though - always been the cheapest for me despit every year trundling through the yellow pages and phoning every tom, dick and harry!

ive got a 172 - wheels, coilovers, exhaust and viper declared. 28 years old, no accidents 4 years NCB and am paying 650! not bad....

Clio 182
Another chance for me to plug www.insurancequotes.ORG.uk

If you could all just submit your current insurance details it'll be a great resource for anyone asking the "how much do you guys pay?" question.

Instead of all replying with a few details which don't really mean anything ;)
we can just refer people there instead.

mild rant over - thank you.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
Wow .... after going there i have realised my post code is "High Risk" :O :O
how the hell then did i get such a good quote.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
Martin_89 said:
your all so lucky im £1200 a year on my 1.2 16V 17yr old 0ncb

thats good i would think. i was £1800 on my punto which was my first car.
although im now realising im in a high risk post code so that is probably bad. lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm 25, 0 ncb, 18m ban Dr10, one SP30, (soon to be 2, D'oh!) tpft i pay £750, and i went through www.confused.com also found it cheaper putting my mrs on the policy?!

When I come to renew my insurance in just under a month I'll be 23 with 1yrs NCB, 1 claim and have been quoted £1145 with direct line ('53 reg 172). Not too bad when compared to other people's premiums!!!!

Renault ChaVio
£1,200
V6
Social and commuting
33 with clean licence
5 years NCB
SE London (secure parking)
Limited mileage
Track days included

Da

Less
With elephant i've been quoted the following. i'm 24, 3yrs NCB, no claims/accidents. Average area. 10,000 miles

1. 54 plate 182 ~£900
    54 plate V6 255 ~£1300
    54 Megane 225 ~£850
    05 Seat Ibiza Cupra tdi ~£900

Currently paying about £500 on my 1.2 so who knows...? lol!

:cool:

A4 Avant & A3
I found privilige to be the Cheapest for my 172 cup (although they havn't got a 2003 cup on their system so it's a sport?)...
I'm 27, 7 years NCB, no accidents (touch wood) of convictions & i pay around £500 FC with all the extras.

I do seem to change every year mind you, sainsbury's were cheapest last year.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
ben_p said:
assault
gbh
abh
armed robbery
world terrisim.
arsen
etc...

LOL.
:evil:
so nothing like evading the police or anything ? ha
:dapprove: nearly got that n 5 other charges in my youth. :clown:

glasgow182 said:
Wow .... after going there i have realised my post code is "High Risk" :O :O
how the hell then did i get such a good quote.

hmmm... if you dont mind, could you pm me some details to do with the claim, your post code etc. I'm going to phone elephant and see if i can find out why mines so high compared to yours.