ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance question???

182 ff silver
my exhaust has just fell off the 182 :mad: but janspeed is on the way :cool: but cant get it sorted till pay day 22nd so i need to borrow my dads smart car! so do i either swap my insurance over from my car or do i go on my dads as 2nd driver or start a new seperate policy for just a couple of weeks? which one will be the cheapest option?

many thanks

Elliot

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
If you have Fully comp, and cover to drive other cars 3rd party. you dont need to do anything.

^^first check to see if you have it on your policy, but like you say doubt it if your 20

if not i would get your dad to ring his insurance company and ask how much it will cost, im sure it wont cost alot

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Pretty sure its 25 for TP cover, although bell do an add on for there policys which is ment to lower the age

Dodgy one
Its neither 21 or 25 its what your insurances T+Cs say :)

My last company would let me this one doesnt I have to pay extra

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Its neither 21 or 25 its what your insurances T+Cs say :)

My last company would let me this one doesnt I have to pay extra

I see... guess most companys will say 25 then.. i pay an extra £32 with bell.co.uk to be able to drive other cars TP, usally avoid it but handy if you need to test drive/borrow a car

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Right!

1) If your dad already has an insurance policy on his car, you cant transfer your existing policy to it or start a new policy for it without cancelling his current insurance policy.

As its not legal to have the car insured with 2 policies.

SO this leaves you with 2 options really.

a) use your existing policy and see if you are covered to drive other vehicles 3rd party cover only. Normally you have to be aged either 25 or 21. Most companies say 25 but you would have to check your Terms & Cons.

b) Add yourself to your dads policy as a named driver, this could be costly due to your age etc... but is the easiest way to do it. You can be added for a day, week or remainder of the policy depending on the insurance company he is with.

Hopefully that should clear up a few Q's.