ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Policy Changes

If i were to change the car on my policy to a new car, does the insurance run its original course, or does it have to be renewed as a 12 month policy? Thing is, ive got 4 months left on a policy......I want to change insurers after that, so dont want to get tied into a 12 month contract with them by changing the car on the policy....? Also, would i loose this years NCB if i cancelled and took out a new policy yes?

I tried asking these on the phone, but i got no sense out of the people on the other end, one reason why i want to change, useless.

Thanks.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
You can change the car, and you'll either pay or get refunded depending how much it costs compared to your current car.

It will just be for the remaining 4 months, so if you have to pay extra, it won't be a lot.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
you can change your car with the policy you have at the moment and use the remaining four months, however your insurance cost would differ slightly meaning your monthly payments would go up or down depending upon a rise or fall of the cost

Last edited:
oh cool thanks, it was just the timespan i wasnt sure about, i know the price will slightly differ, thanks!

RB 200 Cup!
compnaies usually charge a fee to change the docs over / admin fee

i changed my polocy on my black ph2 172 to the ph1 flamer and they charged me 40 quid

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
thats assuming your current company will cover you on your new car, i know people who have been with green light and downgraded have been told they wont be covered, and people on lesser cars upgrading are told the same