ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing from a CD with no CD drive?

Clio
Right, silly question. I won a laptop and I've just discovered it doesn't have a CD drive on it.

Now, I bought Sim City 5 when it come out but my laptop was not up to spec so it has been sat there rotting away not being played.

Now I have my new laptop, are there any options to install it without buying an external CD drive?

Ta,
Pete

Fiesta ST
Can you not just install it from straight from Origin? Just install the client and add the cd key.

Clio
I'll give it a go, without sounding even more stupid. Will just uninstalling from this laptop free the key up for me to install it on the new laptop?

Nissan 350z
Can you not just install it from straight from Origin? Just install the client and add the cd key.

This. Origin works like Steam you can sign in to your account from any PC and just re-download.
The only important bit is the CDkey really.

I'll give it a go, without sounding even more stupid. Will just uninstalling from this laptop free the key up for me to install it on the new laptop?

Nah it doesn't work like that so no need. Basically your account can only be signed in on 1 PC at a time. So it can be installed on 5 or 6 but it will only ever let you play one at a time.