ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

installed new computer cruise control still not working :-(

hello,

a month back i discovered that my cruise control system is not working. so i went to the renault workshop. the told me you have to leave the car for 2 days. i said ok. after 2 days i went there and they told me the computer is damaged !!!!! "5 months old car by the way" and that they will need to order a new computer unit from france !!! as there's no stock of this in the spare parts dealer. i said ok. finally yesterdat the computer arrived and i went after i finished my work. i went there, they replaced the computer and still the same foo*in thing, no cruise control and the strange thing that the speed limiter is working. they told me AGAIN leave the car for 2 or who knows how many days to who knows what in the car. as before i don't have another choice but to go. anybody had a similar incident before ??? and if so, what was the solution to this pain in the arse.

Megane RS 275 Trophy
I had the same problem limiter working and cruise not as did one if the other guys on here (at the same time). It turned out to be a faulty switch on the brake pedal in both cases.
Hope this helps.

I had the same problem on my 182. Took it to Renault and they'd fixed it with an hour or two. No drama's or anything. Think they said it was the brake pedal. Car thought the brake was always on so the cruise wouldn't work.......
Seperate note.....why does the cruise only work to 123mph......Some of us are lazy and in a hurry!

i took it to renault workshop here in qatar and they did know what's wrong. they'll contact renault france to get a solution. it will take ages and i've had enough of going back and forth to the fu*kin workshop.