ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inner track rods

LY R26 #288
I think I might need some track rods. Are the ones from eurocarparts the right ones for a 182 with cup packs?.

There seems to be a couple of different lengths to choose from?.

I have an SMI steering rack.

LY R26 #288
Oh that's good then. I might replace them first see if it solves the problem. Im dreading them inner ones!

Skoda fabia Vrs
Done my track rod ends today. Cost plus 10% is handy. £16 all in for them. Thought my rack was gubbed but a had a broken spring so got that replaced today. 85 + vat from Renault!!

I discovered a bad clunk coming from the front wheels, turned out one of the track ends was so nakerd the hub nut was lose by about 1mm causing that clunk.

I replaced both ends and had the wheel alignment carried out, still having the noise, turned out this time the drivers alignment securing nut had worked its way lose.

After that i had someone hold the steering wheel and there was no movement left to right, so yeah do the easiest options first. I would have had to get a garage to do the work what with the tool being needed etc.

LY R26 #288
Yeah I remember reading your thread mate.

Definately got noises when I shake the wheels side to side.

Seems to be both sides. And when traveling over rough road surfaces the steering wheel gets pulled left and right