ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inner CV Boot?

GP2
My inner CV boot has a split in it. I've taken is to the garage and they have said that I will need to replace the drive shaft as it is not really possible to change just the boot, they said you have to take the drive shaft to bits.

Does this sound about right? Sounds a little extreme to me!!

RS 172
I was getting my pads changed yesterday and this got noticed too, i spoke to renault and they basically told me I need to get the drivshaft out and have a look at the end of it to determine which boot i need as there is a choice if two! One was £16+vat and the other £29+vat i think. I might just end up getting both to save the hassle. I was told you can change the boot with not to much bother and you don't NEED to change the drivshaft.

arctic 182 black wheels
typical renault then, tell 1 customer 1 thing then tell another customer something totally different

RS 172
It wasn't Renault who told me that I don't need to change the shaft, i just asked them for a price on the boot, I work in another main dealer so just got one of the techs to tell me what needed doing! Don't trust the opinions of any local Renault dealers!!

197 f1
iv just done mine drivers side you need to get the boot pressed on and every garage i went to said it was better to pay for new drive shaft £150 +your old 1 from reno.

RS 172
iv just done mine drivers side you need to get the boot pressed on and every garage i went to said it was better to pay for new drive shaft £150 +your old 1 from reno.

Do you have a part number for the boot? I was told by Renault there were 2 choices just curious if thats what all the dealers say or if it's just lazy parts people at my local dealer! Thanks!