ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

injectors

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

wont the different colours mean didnt fuel flow rates,so it would depend on what your doing as to which one is best.im sure some of the tuning boffins will answer for sure though.

we talking boschs here?

As colours are a range, and there are loads of diff flow rates and spray patters for each colour range.

Best is dependant on application.

400cc a min too much is too much, and almost as bad as too little.

172 Cup

my mate has grren on his cossie and he is running 350bhp and he said to get it over 400bhp he would need greys. so i would say grays have a higher flow.

Paul

williams and trophy

rite well ive got two sets of greys sat on fuel rails in fron t of me...and a green set in the willy

basically the grey ones...1 set from a megane, 1 set from a volvo 440 turbo(i think), the grye 1s off the megane i presume are bosch but the 1s off the volvo are siemens, the megane ones have 4 jets in the end of em , the volvo ones 2

i was jus wunderin if any of these would be an improvement on the green ones i have in the willy at the mo

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by cliokongen on 08 March 2004

The megane injectors run with a different impedance than the Willy ones I think?! :confused:

Michael
thats just the direct injection petrol engine i think(2.0 16v ide)

Like i said, you cant tell anything about an injector from its colour, you need the part number to look up the flow rate and operating impedance. The colours for the cossie rance have confused alot of people, but you can get loads of different flowing injectors from bosch which are green, grey, blue, light green, gold, yellow, blah blah blah.

2live, impedance describes the injector coil operating ohms. Low imp injecotors only need about 2-6 ohms to open the injector, and high need about 16ohms. If you use a if your going to use a low imp in a high system you need a resistor on the earth line to the injector driver.

the clio 16V/willy and F7R meg use low imp injectors.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 07 March 2004

jus a quick q.

which are he better injectors..........green or grey
If you havent tuned your car to require loads more fueling then the simple answer is, "The colour that was in there in the first place."

buddy, changing injectors will change the amount of fuel injected, and unless you have modified the engine so that more air is aspirated, i dont see the advantage of going to a higher flow rate. the cossie has a turbocharger, and the amount of air induced can be changed considerably, while in a NA engine usually changes are not so dramatic. injector must be changed only in npresence of large power gains, where the stock injectors reach the max duty cycle. missing other mods or remapping the ECU, fitting larger injectors will only flood the engine, which might not work at all.

Quote: Originally posted by Paul.C 16v on 08 March 2004
my mate has grren on his cossie and he is running 350bhp and he said to get it over 400bhp he would need greys. so i would say grays have a higher flow. Paul

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 09 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 07 March 2004

jus a quick q.

which are he better injectors..........green or grey
If you havent tuned your car to require loads more fueling then the simple answer is, "The colour that was in there in the first place."
hehe but i have tuned my car to require maybe not loads more but def a bit more fuellin .......which is why im askin lol

cheers ben cleared that up a bit for me.............the part no.s.....gess u know the no.s for green willy 1s. the grey megane 1s .....if the no.s are on the side of the plastic casin, they r 0280155724........but also have the no.s 664 and 060/090 c on em.

they have 4 holes in the end of the injectors (i believe the willy 1s only have 1, not sure tho not really looked)which i would presume gives a greater area of mix spread

any help appreciated

Quote: Originally posted by crono33 on 09 March 2004

buddy, changing injectors will change the amount of fuel injected, and unless you have modified the engine so that more air is aspirated, i dont see the advantage of going to a higher flow rate. the cossie has a turbocharger, and the amount of air induced can be changed considerably, while in a NA engine usually changes are not so dramatic. injector must be changed only in npresence of large power gains, where the stock injectors reach the max duty cycle. missing other mods or remapping the ECU, fitting larger injectors will only flood the engine, which might not work at all.

Quote: Originally posted by Paul.C 16v on 08 March 2004

my mate has grren on his cossie and he is running 350bhp and he said to get it over 400bhp he would need greys. so i would say grays have a higher flow.

Paul
incorrect, but a common mistake so no worries. When you map, it is impossible really to flood the engine just because you are using an injector with an overly high flow rate. Since all you have to do is just open and close the injector for a shorter time, and you specify this when mapping, or the ECU will control this when running closed loop.

What you will get is poor idle control if the injector flow rate is too high because the ECU cant open and close the injecotr coil fast enough. And when running at higher rpms, you get poor mixture represetation, where the injector only has to open of for a shorter period compared to the lower flow injectors. So the mass of air flowing into the cylinder, only a proortion of it picks up fuel as it passes, and due to the position of the injector there isnt enough distace for it all to mix anywhere near evenly. This leads to lean spots and poor combustion, detonation in servere cases.

Ideally you should use an injector where your operating between 20% and 80% of its max.

hi

i tend to disagree. closed loop, at least in some ECUs i know (im not too familiar with the strategy of clios ecus) has a limited range of closed loop correction. if the maps are wrong by say 100% or injectgor flow increased too much, i doubt closed loop will have the capability or speed to correct a mixture so largely wrong. also, some ecus will disable closed loop in certain map areas, like WOT for instance, where running very lean is not advisable

on top of that, i suppose that with a much larger flow rate the engine wont start because of cranking enrichment and cold start, which would probably lead to a flooded engine

[/QUOTE]incorrect, but a common mistake so no worries. When you map, it is impossible really to flood the engine just because you are using an injector with an overly high flow rate. Since all you have to do is just open and close the injector for a shorter time, and you specify this when mapping, or the ECU will control this when running closed loop. What you will get is poor idle control if the injector flow rate is too high because the ECU cant open and close the injecotr coil fast enough. And when running at higher rpms, you get poor mixture represetation, where the injector only has to open of for a shorter period compared to the lower flow injectors. So the mass of air flowing into the cylinder, only a proortion of it picks up fuel as it passes, and due to the position of the injector there isnt enough distace for it all to mix anywhere near evenly. This leads to lean spots and poor combustion, detonation in servere cases. Ideally you should use an injector where your operating between 20% and 80% of its max.
[/QUOTE]

Quote: Originally posted by crono33 on 10 March 2004

hi

i tend to disagree. closed loop, at least in some ECUs i know (im not too familiar with the strategy of clios ecus) has a limited range of closed loop correction. if the maps are wrong by say 100% or injectgor flow increased too much, i doubt closed loop will have the capability or speed to correct a mixture so largely wrong. also, some ecus will disable closed loop in certain map areas, like WOT for instance, where running very lean is not advisable

on top of that, i suppose that with a much larger flow rate the engine wont start because of cranking enrichment and cold start, which would probably lead to a flooded engine

Notice i start my first paragraph with "when you map", which indicates a user programmable ECU. As with closed loop, older ECUs will have a problem with running next to zilch duty. And its very common knowledge that at WOT closed loops system is not active, but i assumed you already knew that i knew that.

And cranking enrichment will be come even worse when you take older systems that use a 5th constant spray cold start injector.
incorrect, but a common mistake so no worries. When you map, it is impossible really to flood the engine just because you are using an injector with an overly high flow rate. Since all you have to do is just open and close the injector for a shorter time, and you specify this when mapping, or the ECU will control this when running closed loop.

What you will get is poor idle control if the injector flow rate is too high because the ECU cant open and close the injecotr coil fast enough. And when running at higher rpms, you get poor mixture represetation, where the injector only has to open of for a shorter period compared to the lower flow injectors. So the mass of air flowing into the cylinder, only a proortion of it picks up fuel as it passes, and due to the position of the injector there isnt enough distace for it all to mix anywhere near evenly. This leads to lean spots and poor combustion, detonation in servere cases.

Ideally you should use an injector where your operating between 20% and 80% of its max.

[/QUOTE]