ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno 182 - 2118's, AD08's, B14's, Pure Motorsport

Re: Inferno 182

Very nice inferno mate! I'm still in the process of getting mine where I want it. Got it booked in on the ramp monday, dropping it 40mm with apex springs, fitting new n/s driveshaft (cv knocking like s**t!) and fitting front splitter. Should be an interesting day. If I've got time might start polishing the inlet coz imo it looks immense shiny!

Thanks mate. Aye, I also need a n/s driveshaft. Where did you get yours?

Engine bay nearly finished, looks much better imo. Still some polishing to be done on the lettering, and a few touch ups on the black parts, but will get that done. Oh and paint the fuel rail gaurd thingy the same gloss black like the inlet.

Also fitted some orange anodised bolts to the airbox. A quick pic:

enginebay.jpg

Inferno 182FF

Thats smart that. Looks very clean! Got it of ebay, brand new only £65 posted! From Ebay seller j_r2006. I'm not starting on the engine yet, few other more expensive things to sort like recondition the alloys :(!

Thats smart that. Looks very clean! Got it of ebay, brand new only £65 posted! From Ebay seller j_r2006. I'm not starting on the engine yet, few other more expensive things to sort like recondition the alloys :(!

Cheers. Ah, is that JR shafts? Is there a warranty with them? You not thought about some aftermarket alloys? Not 2118's though, or I might have to kill you :p lol

31/03/13 - 64, 825 miles

Today I changed the front and rear brake lines to goodridge braided lines and put in some new brake fluid. Brakes are much sharper now. It amazes me how some people overlook changing their brake fluid!

Started off up in the air, usual sight for a french car! :

IMG_0950.jpg

And fitted:

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

Much better! :)

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member

Im pretty tempted to get some braided lines next time I get my brake fluid replaced! Good to know that it does make a noticeable difference to the brakes!

Inferno 182FF

Yeah mate think its a 12 month warranty. I'm leaving my brakes till there due to be changed then putting brembo hc discs with brembo pads, goodridge lines and ate super blue racing brake fluid in, leaving rear's OEM. Yeah I've thought some turini's but a. Dont wana fork out a stupid amount of money and b. I'm happy with the standard ones tbh. Think they look sweet in anthracite being the cuo ones!

Inferno 182FF

Well I eventually sourced a inner wing/splash guard for the front o/s and fitted that! Dropped it on apex springs, fitted fabia splitter. Gave in and bought some turini's yesterday as well ha ha, so will clean them up and fit them! Going to service it in the next couple of weeks as well so will be spraying the intake and fuel rail guard. I'll get some pics up once it's all done! Where did you get your spark plugs from?

Well I eventually sourced a inner wing/splash guard for the front o/s and fitted that! Dropped it on apex springs, fitted fabia splitter. Gave in and bought some turini's yesterday as well ha ha, so will clean them up and fit them! Going to service it in the next couple of weeks as well so will be spraying the intake and fuel rail guard. I'll get some pics up once it's all done! Where did you get your spark plugs from?

Sorry just noticed this! The work you've done sounds good, do you have a link to a thread for it or anything? I bought my plugs from Opie oils along with my filter and oil.

10/6/13 - 65, 800 miles

So yesterday I fitted my new k-tech exhaust as my miltek had cracked rather epic-ally (see pics below) I went for the supersports version without the silencer and it sunds much better imo. No more blowing everywhere! Its quieter on idle, and doesn't drone when cruising at 60-70 so Im very happy. Ordered it thursday evening and it arrived Monday, so a quick service also. :)

No fitted pics yet, as I still need to sort out the third mount at the back of the exhaust.

IMG_1103.jpg

New gasket at the manifold:

IMG_1104.jpg

Now for the cracked miltek, it had cracked at both sides of the box, so the box could pretty much move freely! Not impressed with the quality at all, and definitely will not be buying anything from them!

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

iceberg phase 2 172

christ i bet that sounded fruity with them cracks lol .
​ive always thought miltek were decent as on zsoc.com they are the exhaust to have ... them cracks are shocking mind , have u contacted them ?

christ i bet that sounded fruity with them cracks lol .
​ive always thought miltek were decent as on zsoc.com they are the exhaust to have ... them cracks are shocking mind , have u contacted them ?

It was dire! haha. Aye I thought the same, had always heard good things about them on other brands. Nah, Iv no contacted them.

Was at a local car show today, so just a few random pics from that. Got all the tar removed, sticks out like a sore thumb on this colour, then polished and waxed it. Was looking great for the first time in a while :) Also got a machine polisher(das 6 DA), so will be getting a bit of practice and then will attempt to remove all the swirl marks on this. My alloys are still covered in what looks like iron or something, so will have to get that removed. Any recommendations on what to use?

Also I now have a full size plate as I got fined for my other one. Oh well, it lasted like 5 months!

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

24/07/13 67, 430 miles

Fitted cup rear shocks. Back end was starting to feel a bot "loose" (ooh-err) Should hopefully sort that out! New windscreen fitted today, so MOT tomorrow. See how that goes :)

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

Last edited:

​Ticked over a years ownership the other month, and still very pleased with the car! Looove it! Also did my first trackday on sunday, really enjoyed it and will definitely be booking up again! :D Going to need some other tyres though, T1rs took a beating!

SLS40510.jpg

track8.jpg

track1.jpg

track2.jpg

track3.jpg

track6.jpg

Bought these the other week: B14's

IMG_0167.jpg

Came up for a nice price I feel, having just had the front 2 rebuilt. Fitted them today, and the ride quality is vastly improved. Its firm, but smooth at the same time, unlike when it was previously only lowered on apex springs. So, next on the list is to get some solid top mounts. Looking at the Pure Motorsport kit, but just seeing if there is any bargains second hand just now. Also, I need to sort the exhaust mounts. Think I will do the polybush "mod" that seems to be quite popular. Hopefully last longer than the standard crap mounts!

Anyway, a few pics of the fitting: Swapping over the top mounts:

IMG_0169.jpg

Then fitted to the front.

IMG_0171.jpg

Still need to adjust the heights, but the front is about the same as before (not bad for a complete guess at setting the adjusters!) Rear is currently higher, but will wait till daylight and find somewhere flat to adjust them.

Cheers for looking.

Still have this and still enjoying it. Now over 72k miles, meaning i have done over 12k in it. Probably the most I have done in any car I have owned, so it must be doing something right. Been quite a busy month with it after it had died on me, just turned out to be a dodgy battery thankfully. Replaced both handbrake cables after they had both snapped. Also at 72k, i changed the front tyres to Yoko AD08's and I have to say they are brilliant. Will definitely use them again. Just need to see how long they last on the road. It will be due a good clean up too, paintwork is starting to look a bit dull again.

Heres a few more pics of it:

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

Renault Master
Brill pics of trackday how did you find it? I can imagine the toyos been knackered after a sesh as they're really soft. Any future plans other than a good clean?

Brill pics of trackday how did you find it? I can imagine the toyos been knackered after a sesh as they're really soft. Any future plans other than a good clean?

Thanks man. Really enjoyed it there and will definitely be booking up again at some point. Aye they weren't the best bid did the job for my forst time, I have a spare set of wheels and r888s now so I will be using them next time. Umm, not much planned really, when the weather clears up a bit I will fit my Pure motorsport top mounts and brace. Think I will probably fit some 10mm 1 degree spacers on the rear too.

Renault Master
Nice one 888's are meant to be the dogs danglies lol! I'm hoping for a car soon but just got to hold off for the right one. Defo want to do a trackday sometime too. Good you're doing your maintenance/repairs yourself will save you a fair bit. Like I said before car looks great will be keeping an eye on this thread.

14/04/14 - 72,700 miles
Pure Motorsport top mounts and brace fitted.

So yesterday I fitted my mounts and brace that have been sitting for ages! Got them back in the group buy that was on near xmas time. Can feel a nice improvement in the steering now and I look forward to my trackday this saturday, hope the weather holds out. I also gave the coilovers a quick clean down and re-greased the adjusters. Drilling the strut tops was a bit worrying at first, and I received a few weird looks from the neighbours lol, but got there in the end.

A few pics of the fitting process:

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0774-1.jpg

I really like this pic :)

IMG_0775-1.jpg

And a few pics of how it sits now:

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

Did another trackday at knockhill last saturday and really enjoyed it. I feel the car performed a LOT better than last time, was able to have a lot more confidence in it this time and was able to push it a bit more in the corners. Next trackday is booked for 9th June, but hopefully ill get another one in before that :)

A few pics from it, by hansthebear off here.

track2-1.jpg

track1-1.jpg

Also with having started a new job last week, and now having to travel approx 500miles a week just going back and forth to work, I decided to buy myself a little diesel runaround. I ended up buying a wee DCi 65, which was forsale just up the road from my house. Its a tidy enough little motor that just needs a little work(front discs and pads, rear wheel bearing) and will need a cambelt as there has been no proof of it being done, so ill get that sorted. Its blue, but can anyone tell me what shade it is? I quite like it tbh. A wee pic:

IMG_0809.jpg

Thought id update this a little bit, been a few bits happened recently!

Firstly i fitted my 10mm 1 degree spacers, think they tidy up the rear end really well. Need some spacers on the front now lol.

Before:

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

After:

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

A mate wetsanded and polished my front lights for me, they came up brilliant. I felt they were really letting the front of the car down. Now all the stone chips let it down a lot :( I then gave it a good clean up, de tarred it all, polished then waxed with collinite again. The paint is starting to feel a bit rough again, so might be time for a clay again. Heres a few pics of it at a local car show looking all clean! :)

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

I then fitted my omp 330mm targa. It really is so much better to drive with a small wheel, especially on track. Sometimes felt like you were steering a boat with the standard wheel! I love the suede too, hope it doesnt go flat too soon! Any tips for keeping on top of it?

IMG_1017.jpg

Next up i set about fitting my bucket seats and harnesses. They are soo comfy, cant wait to try them on track next!

IMG_1018.jpg

And of course a few pics of it now:

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

So, my next trackday is on the 11th, and i cant wait! 7 hr open pit lane too, should be good fun! Need to do discs and pads on back and the front pads. I have bought CL RC5+ (last ones in stock for now, sorry guys :p ) I was starting to feel some brake fade at the hairpin at knockhill with the ds2500's so ill give these a shot! Will also need to do track rods and track rod ends, and at the same time ill fit the front camber bolts and get it all set up properly. Should be a busy week :)

99% sure they are Apex seats not Poles, car still looks awesome.

Just had a google you're right. It was only the Recaro lettering that looks an obvious difference to me. Good spot!

Ah ok, i had no idea tbh, i bought them second hand. They were really comfy and fitted me well so decided to go for them. Well worth spending the extra on decent seats!

Looks good Bob, sounded Ace at knockhill the other week.

Seen you bobbing about Elgin a few times now.

Cheers man, you werent on track were you? Aye, i do love how it sounds! Haha yeah, im usually over there a bit doing shopping and that.

Nice car! You've made good progress with it.

Thanks, means a lot to hear that! :) I like to think its set up pretty well. Not much left I want to do to it, well within reason! Id love to get a bit more power out of it, but that can be for the future, I have no plans to sell this yet! Just enjoying using it as much as I can just now :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Na I wasn't on track, but tbh I wouldn't have been on much if I did take the car anyways with that weather! Yours sounded the best out of the clios Imo though. Then it was mikes meg 265, proper jet noise off that things!

Na I wasn't on track, but tbh I wouldn't have been on much if I did take the car anyways with that weather! Yours sounded the best out of the clios Imo though. Then it was mikes meg 265, proper jet noise off that things!

I see, it dried up pretty quick though, got the r888's on for about an hour and a half. You think so? Its just a KTR decat with no centre silencer. Although I would love some itbs on it! Was that the white one? I never really heard it, but it went really well! I would love one of them as my next car, see what happens :)