ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

incy-spiders Clio 182 turbo

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
You wouldn't know it was turbo'd driven steady, apart from the flutter when letting off. You soon know how it pulls when you give it some though!!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Mate it's awesome! Starts making serious power from 3500rpm and pulls so strong the speedo moves more like a rev counter, 100mph from 60mph is amazing. If you haven't been in a boosted Clio I strongly suggest you do, you'll be asking people to take your money in no time!!

Which turbo do you have? one thing you don't get from peoples videos is how it feels! I'm too excited haha!! I don't think I'll get a chance to have a ride in one and it's kind of too late as mines in the garage being turbo'd. fingers crossed to have it back next week. hence my hovering around watching your videos :p

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, that kind of suspense would kill me, at least I had mine to build and play with, mapping was long enough to wait for!! You must be jumping :) I have a t25/28 hybrid.. Who is doing yours? Is it being mapped at the same time?

Chi it would take me the best part of a day to get there in the stilo! very tempting offer though.

Oh it is, I'm already not sleeping now :( at this rate when it's done I'll be too shattered to drive it!! I wonder how much that differs to the GT25? Mine's being done at SC Auto's in Bolton, mapping will be done there too so luckily I won't have to wait for a slot.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome, missed your build thread, now subscribed! Going forged as well, Christ you are in for a surprise!!! You need to set up a camera on your face for the first time you get onto boost! Haha

Haha I'd be like a kid at Christmas for sure! I'm all smiles with a brew and a pack of biscuits, imagine me with boost! not sure I'd film it though just in case a bit of wee comes out ha!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Now I have boost control!! :)
ynamuvej.jpg

This has stopped my boost issue where is was tailing off, now it hold 8.7psi (0.6bar) all the way from the get go to the limiter, it's awesome just keeps pulling and it is a lot kinder to the engine without the massive spike!

That's all folks!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
If I wanted another turbo youd be the person Id ask mate.. Attention to detail is brilliant..

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Was this fitted at EFI parts this weekend? I so can't wait to get the S/C Clio on the road

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC

Ah ok, I wasn't sure if it was being mapped again. I spoke to Chris at EFI the other day and he mentioned working on a couple of 182 turbos this weekend.

Out of interest does your cruise control still work? Assuming (Not read back a while) you're running Adaptronic

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
No mate, gen90 it's can still work but not safe as it's not been tested enough, maybe able to get it working but won't be for a while, not massively fussed though I have a load of other awesome features that make the car really cool!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
It's actually a VAG solenoid which are around £50 you can get MAC 3port valves etc too. The main thing is if your ECU supports it. It's made a huge difference on mine, not only the ECU electronically keeping an eye on boost levels but maintaining good usable boost. Beats relying on a spring to do everything!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry mate forgot who is mapping yours, check with them first. You will need the latest firmware to run the control.. Mine is a genuine solenoid from VW

Ste at SC autos will be doing the mapping. I'll speak to him next week as I have time until it goes back for the remap and boost turned up. If you bought it online please could you pm me the link. For £50 though seems like a very worth while addition.

It's actually a VAG solenoid which are around £50 you can get MAC 3port valves etc too. The main thing is if your ECU supports it. It's made a huge difference on mine, not only the ECU electronically keeping an eye on boost levels but maintaining good usable boost. Beats relying on a spring to do everything!

This sounds like something I'd like on mine.

The whole project has been a great read, and the 'kick up the arse' I needed to get mine boosted. I especially love the video!

Can't wait to get mine back now!

HBT 172 Cup
You must be the only other person ive seen who has GEN90 controlled boost, did Chris@EFI set it all up / wire it for you?

HBT 172 Cup
Do you have it? no wasn't Chris in the end, when we tried at EFI the firmware was to old so that needed updating.

Yeah i have a MAC valve wired straight into the GEN90, and as you mentioned, i had to have my firmware updated to do this. Reacts quite fast in closed loop mode and holds rock solid boost so worth it. I want to have mine setup for boost by gear on the next build :)

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
It's really responsive, Yeah that would be awesome on a higher boost Clio, would defo be more kind to the gear box too! I absolutely love tech so the more gadgets the better