ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

incy-spiders Clio 182 turbo

Trophy Turbo :)
The latter firmware does control the boost Control. But the earlier versions don't a little bit of a downfall there when gems designed that.

The three port mac valves are great, I think laine for his from my self a while back great bits of kit but the n 75 valve works well although I've never tried then.

Good work chris!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
The latter firmware does control the boost Control. But the earlier versions don't a little bit of a downfall there when gems designed that.

The three port mac valves are great, I think laine for his from my self a while back great bits of kit but the n 75 valve works well although I've never tried then.

Good work chris!

Cheers buddy!!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
y7uvumub.jpg
yzupy8yt.jpg
y8u9ymum.jpg

Got this little lot to put in at some point before my ring trip, fuel starvation is not going to annoy me anymore!! :)

Look forward to that more pics the better! While I'm here Chris I've ordered the mac valve but how does that work alongside the actuator? I was kind of discouraged from needing it but from what you mentioned it's a win.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Look forward to that more pics the better! While I'm here Chris I've ordered the mac valve but how does that work alongside the actuator? I was kind of discouraged from needing it but from what you mentioned it's a win.

Update please Si ;) you'd of been better asking Chris to sort your build for you.

Will text you mate, looking like yet another week though.

Yeh Chris would have done an epic job no doubt, looking back though I wish I hadn't even bothered, lets hope when I get it I'll feel different.

Last edited:

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Basically it bleeds off pressure to the actuator to stop the wastegate opening so more boost can be achieved, there needs to be a base limit set on the actuator then the ecu controls how much boost it needs by opening and closing the valve very quickly, obviously you need to get who ever is doing your mapping to setup boost control in your ecu. It's not just a case of putting it on and driving on!

Brilliant thanks for that Chris, yeh it gets delivered tomorrow so will take it to be fitted after the running in stage before it's final map. Hope this helps things, a little worried that the gt25 wouldn't perform well higher up the revs especially pushing it to 280.

Passat TDi
Agreed.

The Clio is such a capable little chassis that it really does make sense.

This sums it up I love mine at 230bhp and standard compression doesn't feel sluggish off boost and feels really balanced can't wait to get out on track

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
No billies but did do a bit if mocking up of my swirl pot, got a nice brass connector to keep the hard pipe up to the rail from the external pump so that's cool, think I'm going to just hide it in the boot when finished, build a little step with the pump and pipe work underneath. More tomorrow if the suspension doesn't show up!
e7uhe4es.jpg
u7e3ugas.jpg

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Great build dude! Loving the details!

I'll be sticking a swirl pot on mine when it's back from mapping too, so interested in what your finished set up will be!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
he9ety2y.jpg
unyryju4.jpg
8uqy2are.jpg

Put the pump underneith the car, was making to much noise in the boot, tomorrow I'm going to dump the standard fuel line to the rail and run one directly from the back to the front so it will be all external, can't see the point of running a line from the outside, in then out again!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
If anyone is interested in doing a swirlpot system for your Clio, don't use an 044 pump it's massively overkill, stupidly noisy and a waste of money, I have just put an 017 inline pump in which is similar to the 255lph in the tank and it's perfect, the 044 was making it too rich on idle and just generally stuffed the fuelling up. I don't think the standard rail FPR can keep up with the flow of the 044... Anyway no more cutting out around hard right handers :)
be3uhupu.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1
If you have gone through all the time and expense of this fuel setup, why not change the fpr to a better one anyway?

It is one of the key things in a fuel setup that could destroy your engine if not working correctly. The fpr should return any additional fuel to the tank anyway.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing wrong with the brand new Renault FPR, also that is what it was mapped with, the 017 pump I have works so nice now no need to upgrade the FPR to allow stupid flowing pumps! It's only £49 for the 044 so will sell it back on. Anyone want a used once sytec 044 with all the fittings £30? Free postage :)

Nothing wrong with the brand new Renault FPR, also that is what it was mapped with, the 017 pump I have works so nice now no need to upgrade the FPR to allow stupid flowing pumps! It's only £49 for the 044 so will sell it back on. Anyone want a used once sytec 044 with all the fittings £30? Free postage :)

I'll take it.

172 cup, Impreza P1
I would not use a standard N/A FPR on a turbo build. What is the max pressure it can achieve at full boost?

A 044 pump is about 300lph so a decent fpr should be able to return the surplus to tank.

If you dont go above 260hp then a smaller pump would be ok I would think.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
044 Flow rate - 378ltr/hr(Max)
Flow rate - 318ltr/hr @ 3bar
Flow rate - 258ltr/hr @ 5 bar good for 400bhp

017 Flow rate (max) - 264 ltr/hr
Flow rate @ 3bar - 201 ltr/hr
Flow rate @ 5bar - 165 ltr/hr good for 250bhp

I'm only around 230 - 240bhp so the Renault FPR is suitable and works fine for my spec. Think they are 3bar?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The flow figures for any fuel pump are voltage related as well gents. You need a good 13v supply to get the maximum out of them. A genuine Bosch 044 will do 500hp happily as well. I've got one.

Also incy-spider do those fuel pipes just pass through the bodyshell with sealant around them or do they have grommets?

HBT 172 Cup
Chris savage appears to be churning the full flow of the syvec equivalent of a 044 through the stock rail and pressure regulator (well from the pics he has posted), and managing 500 odd bhp, as well as maintaining the original hard line feed (gotta be less than 8mm I/D?)

The bosch 044 seem to excel in keeping flow rights high at higher fuel pressures (which is so very important), where other pumps do not cope so well. Swirl pot is one of the things at the top of my list to sort.

Regardles, awsome progress Incy and its making me crave mine back so much!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Chris savage appears to be churning the full flow of the syvec equivalent of a 044 through the stock rail and pressure regulator (well from the pics he has posted), and managing 500 odd bhp, as well as maintaining the original hard line feed (gotta be less than 8mm I/D?)

The bosch 044 seem to excel in keeping flow rights high at higher fuel pressures (which is so very important), where other pumps do not cope so well. Swirl pot is one of the things at the top of my list to sort.

Want a 044 and 1.5ltr swirl pot?!? It's all on jic fittings as well.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah no doubting it worked, just not on my setup, he's probably running bigger injectors, different fuelling etc. As an addition to my already setup, mapped car the 044 wasn't right.

The 044 is defo the choice for bigger HP cars. Not going down that road though :)

Cheers mate, I'm well happy with it as it stands now!