ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Incorrect Billing Advice-free contract cancellation?

ValverInBits
My Girlfriend has been receiving incorrect bills from orange for a while. We have tried to correct this before with orange more than once. One bill re-calculation was sucessfull and we got some money back.

They've been charging for a data bundle which she is supposed to have for free, and she is now owed around £60.

Question is: Is this enough to be able to cancel the contract with no charge, but keep the phone.

Theres 6 months remaining

Cheers

Albi 200
This happened to me when I first upgraded to an Iphone 3g, They tried billing me £200 odd as they hadn't switched my account to an Iphone package, which I complained about.

They didn't rectify the mistake and actually cut the phone off temporarily as I refused to pay. After a lot of toing and froing I managed to get the contract cancelled and kept the phone.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Best thing is to talk to OFCOM. If you cancel, I suppose you'll be asked to pay a termination fee + the remaining 6 months.

I had a wicked rolling contract with T-mob - 10k off peak Mins a month, internet, £180 Flext Allowance. Went into the store, they offered an additional discount if I signed a 12 month contract - said yes. They managed to remove the 10k Mins c**cking it up. After numerous phonecalls and visits to the store, they offered a package that effectively correcting the mis-sold contract upgrade.

Spoke to OFCOM, told to me to put all this into writing send over to T-mob, if its not replied to within 8 Weeks, you can take it further to CISAS. I got a call a few days later - sorting the whole issue out in 10 mins.

@Xell - Not paying may have affected your credit rating.