ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phones4U Contract? Advice Needed!

Swift Sport
Okay so my 24 month Phones4U contract expires on Monday and I've been advised by a friend to ring my network (Orange) to ask about a better deal. I'm currently paying £40+ a month for an iPhone 3G with 1200 minutes, 3000 texts and unlimited internet and would like a 4S, I have three questions...

1. Do I need to inform Phones4U of me wanting to start a contract direct through Orange without them?
2. What kind of deal should I be hoping to do with Orange, including a iPhone 4S?
3. Is my current deal a sh*t one?

Feel free to throw any advice this way, I f*cking hate phone shopping lol.

You don't need to inform P4U. Check your last few bills and see how many minutes your actually using and go from there. In terms of the 4S do some homework first (I believe O2 are currently doing it free @ £37 a month with 600mins unlimited texts and 500mb in-store, T-Mob £36 a month 2000mins/unlimited everything else but phone is £99, unsure on the others) and then call up and see what you get offered.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You've got nothing to do with P4U unless you have extras like insurance with them.

I'd ring orange, but its likely you'll get a better deal going elsewhere as a new customer and using quidco for cashback.

Swift Sport
Cheers. I don't need many minutes at all now really, what's the average? I want to stay with Orange because of the great signal/reception I seem to get around here compared with other networks.

Swift Sport
Just ring orange, simple really !

I just wasn't sure if I was legally bound by Phones4U, if it's a case of ringing Orange once my contract has ended then it's not so bad. What would happen if I didn't do anything once my contract had ended?

Something Not French
You don't have a contract with P4U, they are just a sales agent for all the networks.

Does nobody check contracts before they sign them these days?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Tmobile share the orange network, I don't know if they share 3G yet, you'd have to check.

16GB 4S is £99 + £36 a month, 24 months, unlimited internet, text, 2000 mins and £150 quico cashback.

172 Race Car
ring orange on 150 and follow options till u get to 'you are near the end of your contract and want to discuss your options'

you will get through to the Retentions team, they will do as much as they can to keep you with them. im sure u will get a good deal. i just rang them for mine

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
ring orange on 150 and follow options till u get to 'you are near the end of your contract and want to discuss your options'

you will get through to the Retentions team, they will do as much as they can to keep you with them. im sure u will get a good deal. i just rang them for mine

'Disconnections' are even better ;)

172 Race Car
im actually going the other way. orange dont do the phone i want but P4U can upgrade me to one so will be using them.