ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In the market for a 172

Twingo RS 133
Im looking for a 172, and every one i have seen within my budget, has rather high mileage. (90-130k)
i was just wondering how much the Clio engines are good for? granted a FSH is going to play a big part in it.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Im looking for a 172, and every one i have seen within my budget, has rather high mileage. (90-130k)
i was just wondering how much the Clio engines are good for? granted a FSH is going to play a big part in it.

They are good for 200k if looked after.

What's your budget?

welcome to the site, have a look through the cars for sale on here

172cup
A lot of 172 are going to be around 100k as long as the belts have been done recently and there's no noise coming from the gearbox/ engine I wouldn't let that put you off mines just over 100k looks are runs better then some cars @50k

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
My old Clio 172 had 130k on it but felt perfect. I never really had any problems at all with it.

Twingo RS 133
Cool, cheers for the replies.

my budget is low, and work is surprisingly slow, so im debating wether spend the cash or save it until things pick up, and hopefully get a better £ figure to use.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
What's your budget?

My 119k Clio cost me £1,850 and it's been brilliant... whereas my 45k Clio cost me £6,000 and fell apart on me lol.