ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In need of help car snakes :(

clio 1.4 16v 02
I have a clio 2002 1.4 16v.. had slight pull/wobble when letting off the accelerator so changed the mounts.. now I have a light snake/wobble coming from the back end, when I hit a bump in the road or yellow warning strips the back end snakes a bit a bit like a trolley wheel feel (only happens in a straight line), has anybody had the same prob and know what the cause is? the bushes on the back end all look ok but both bottom arms on the front are shagged (could that be causing it?).. car is lowered about 90 on back.. thanks in advance.. :clown:

P.S had a good look around the car and cant find anything wrong appart from the bottom arms, had the back end in the air and no play on the back wheels etc, nothing wrong with the chassis or body etc

clio 1.4 16v 02
back end moves snakes instead of str8 lol cant think of another way to explain it. lowered in spax springs :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Lowered 90mm on standard shocks?

That'll do it.

Invest in some coilovers and replace the various bushes.

Or just raise it with a decent setup.

Shocks? But that normally causes it jump about a bit.

Could be a few things if it's lowered 90mm though.

clio 1.4 16v 02
its only just started doing it had a look at the rear shocks and they seem to be ok.. I cant get my head round it cant find anything wrong appart from the front bottom arms :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's lowered 90mm on standard shocks!

That's the issue. The shocks are designed to respond to the springs you've fitted.

The Costa Concordia handles better and probably still does.

clio 1.4 16v 02
I didnt do it m8 its how the car came to me, as far as I know they are O.E shocks but not 100%.. 90mill is too low for me so will be getting lifted 40mill or so

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just buy some cheap coilovers if you want to go low. Alternatively, raise it by buying a spring and damper kit that matches.

clio 1.4 16v 02
It's lowered 90mm on standard shocks!

That's the issue. The shocks are designed to respond to the springs you've fitted.

The Costa Concordia handles better and probably still does.

Thanks for the help pal :).. Could the shocks defo make the back end go from side to side instead of up and down lol