ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immob + central locking problem

BurrrgundyPh1 banger
hey people, having a problem with my immobiliser and central locking (as you might of guessed from the title) the problem being; my immobiliser keeps on flashing and sometimes i have to faff around for a good 10 minutes flicking the ignitgion on and off, this problem started first, and now my remote locking isnt working, i mash the key and the light on the key flashes but the car does nothing whether locked or unlocked, it was a bit sketchy before anyway and i had to press the button a few times sometimes but now its just stopped working completely

any ideas on what this might be/how i can fix it/how much a garage will charge me to sort it?

thanks in advance for any help

clio
could be your battery in your key m8 try changin that first, if not that then it could be the chip on your key needs replacin i had to do this in my car cause the immobiliser was kickin in every ime i tried to start the car. with my car every so often it would start but most of the time it wouldnt. hope thiss helps

try this before goin to a garagee

Last edited:
  BurrrgundyPh1 banger
yeah ive replaced the battery already, no luck there :( ill ask the electrical guy at work to have a look at the chip then ill see where to go from there, is there anyway of maybe bypassing the immobiliser completely? i know this wont fix the central locking problem but itll stop the immob annoying me...

Golf GTD Mk7
If it's flashing then it's either the decoder ring or the key. Is the car starting when you're in?

BurrrgundyPh1 banger
the car will start eventually when im in, i have to flick the ignition on and off until it come on and doesnt flash..

BurrrgundyPh1 banger
ive just realised that if i hold the button on the key when im turning the ignition on it seems to stop the immobiliser.. imobilising... seems to me that the car is not recognising the key, or there is a dodgey connection on the board in the key :S any ideas on this front?

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
As daft as it sounds have you tried bending a bit the two little metal tabs that touch onto the battery that are inside the key. As you press the key it pushes them back and eventually they become a bit too far back to work well, so every now and again I tweak them out a bit and on mine it then works much better.