ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot not opening

Clio 1.4 dynamic
Clio 1.4 dynamic 2006, boot will not open from remote or button. The boot catch is working as I have tested it with a separate battery and it unlocked, indicators flash if button for boot is pressed, normal central locking works fine, button on boot also works when tested on multi meter.

Renault Clio Mk3 1.2
Bump.

I've experienced this same issue.

I found that the latch/solenoid on Mk3 Clio to be a bit dodgy so replaced it. Confirmed that the button itself works fine.

I tested to see if 12v is being received to the latch on the 2 pins but seen no change in voltage when the button wires are shorted together.

Everything else on the car seems to be running fine.

Does anyone know if there is a module or a fuse to be looked at for this?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've replaced the boot solenoid twice on mine - it's pretty easy to do.

When you say you replaced it, did you line it up correctly as well? Any difference in locking noise when you press the button on the key fob?

Renault Clio Mk3 1.2
I believe it has been lined up correctly as there is no room for adjustment.

Last week when we started having noticeable issues with the boot latch I had took the defective one of the car, adjusted pins a bit, confirmed the motor was indeed still working so put it back on and found it to start working again but this only lasted for an hour.

I then purchased a new one which arrived today, fitted it the same way I fitted the last one but when performing the below I got no noise from the new latch which confirmed to work but did hear in the car it makes the unlock noise when pressing the boot button on the key fob:
  • Button on boot
  • Bypassed boot button and shorted the 2 wires together
  • Pressed button on keyfob
I did confirm no 12v or close to that voltage is seen on the 12v and GND wire to the latch when the button is pressed.

Clio 1.4 dynamic
I believe it has been lined up correctly as there is no room for adjustment.

Last week when we started having noticeable issues with the boot latch I had took the defective one of the car, adjusted pins a bit, confirmed the motor was indeed still working so put it back on and found it to start working again but this only lasted for an hour.

I then purchased a new one which arrived today, fitted it the same way I fitted the last one but when performing the below I got no noise from the new latch which confirmed to work but did hear in the car it makes the unlock noise when pressing the boot button on the key fob:
  • Button on boot
  • Bypassed boot button and shorted the 2 wires together
  • Pressed button on keyfob
I did confirm no 12v or close to that voltage is seen on the 12v and GND wire to the latch when the button is pressed.
Before my boot stopped opening it would release the catch when you locked or unlocked the car, thinking it might be a relay as the wipers sometimes don't park in the normal position or stop at all, and when I checked the fuse box under the bonnet was damp.

Renault Clio Mk3 1.2
Before my boot stopped opening it would release the catch when you locked or unlocked the car, thinking it might be a relay as the wipers sometimes don't park in the normal position or stop at all, and when I checked the fuse box under the bonnet was damp.

I assume from the picture below it's the one marked "Fuse Box" which has the torx screws?

1680020417782.png

Renault Clio Mk3 1.2
I have just checked all fuses located under the steering wheel and all fuses in the engine bay to the right, all are good.

I wasn't able to pull out any of the relays as seem to be really well stuck in.

Confirmed no moisture in either fuse boxes.