ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMac question from a noob.

R26r R26
Could somebody please explain what this is in the shared folder. Its says its a PC. Its not always there, just appears intermittently. :S
76bd4be5.gif

Many thanks.

R26r R26
Really :eek:

The wife uses her laptop on here but its not hers. How is someone using my network and how do I stop them?

R26r R26
I have a BT Homehub which is password protected. I also have an HP printer and I thought if it was that it would show up all the time, not intermittently :S. Sorry for being a dumb-ass but I just get a bit paranoid about technology as the wife's credit card got done earlier in the year through her online banking.

R26r R26
Dan, sorry if my reply seemed a bit sarcastic earlier. It wasn't intentional. I was genuinely shocked. Apologies if that was how it came across. :eek:

I turned the printer off and it was still there, so I rebooted Mac and it's gone. As per my previous post I'm just a bit paranoid about security etc. One of the reasons I went with Apple as I was told its OS is safer than W*ndows.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just looked again and yeh, that looks like the memory card reader on the printer.

So no worries, try putting a memory card in the printer and see if it reappears and you can see the photo's/whatever on there.

R26r R26
Just looked again and yeh, that looks like the memory card reader on the printer.

So no worries, try putting a memory card in the printer and see if it reappears and you can see the photo's/whatever on there.

Ok. I will give it a try. Thanks for that.