ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'M BACK!!! With this beauty (dimma content)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
So it's been lacking care for a while then [emoji22]. 16v Clio's are rare enough nowadays so dimma kit or not this needed saving. I hope you hang onto it and it gets what it needs.

Nissan sunny gtir
dimma kit with the rear fins filled in
10612851_792173657555290_4023829690559674602_n[1].jpg

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Although it does look good I don't think I'll go down that route as it looks more like a maxi kit.
I was thinking something on the lines of the attachment

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160517-202734.png
    Screenshot_20160517-202734.png
    844 KB · Views: 210

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome back matey, nice to see someone keeping it old school.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with this, can't remember the last time I've seen a 16v here in wales let alone a dimma version.
You'll certainly stand out :up:

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Wow bloody look at that price on that thanks OssPooP for link
http://www.classicandperformancecar...letter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

Just had a quick search on net and I know you can't use ebay as a guide of value but now seeing 3 other dimma all over the 10k Mark I think I'd be a bit of a fool to mess about with how the kit looks personally.

205 dimma http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262411527806
306 dimma
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331823655417

I have a few ideas that I could do with the car especially the spoiler so it's not so much BAM in your face so should give it a more of a subtle look.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Can't get on with the headlights or front bumper.

Rear side grilles remind me of the R5 GT Turbo.

I like it, kinda. I'd like it more if the headlights were ditched, but I'd imagine taking it away from the original Dimma spec would devalue it.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Memories!

28903_1324394282_0_28903.jpg
I remember this article/edition well. I was moist as the thought. My most favouritest car I've ever owned was my clio 1.8 valver, I actually dreamt I still had it last night!!!!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Wow bloody look at that price on that thanks OssPooP for link
http://www.classicandperformancecar...letter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

Just had a quick search on net and I know you can't use ebay as a guide of value but now seeing 3 other dimma all over the 10k Mark I think I'd be a bit of a fool to mess about with how the kit looks personally.

205 dimma http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262411527806
306 dimma
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331823655417

I have a few ideas that I could do with the car especially the spoiler so it's not so much BAM in your face so should give it a more of a subtle look.
Got can get dimma to verify your cars authenticity. That can only add to the value.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I was looking on their website the other day and they offer a service to confirm it's authentic, i will be speaking to them about a few things when the time comes to work on it as it would be good to have a headed paper confirming it too. However it already has a sticker on the suspension turret with name of fitter and model no. (See attachment)

As for the morette headlights they will be going and standard ones back on, im pretty sure they was only added later on in its life.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160519-062733.png
    Screenshot_20160519-062733.png
    956.6 KB · Views: 152
  Clio 172, Abarth 500
I was looking on their website the other day and they offer a service to confirm it's authentic, i will be speaking to them about a few things when the time comes to work on it as it would be good to have a headed paper confirming it too. However it already has a sticker on the suspension turret with name of fitter and model no. (See attachment)

As for the morette headlights they will be going and standard ones back on, im pretty sure they was only added later on in its life.
Would be nice if they could give you new plaques/stickers and authenticate after you rebuild it!

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Would be nice if they could give you new plaques/stickers and authenticate after you rebuild it!
Yeah most definitely, that's one of the main reasons i want to be speak to them before any work is done even if it means taking it back to them in its current state.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
This might be a weird question but does anyone have a max power video laying around their attic they'd like to sell, I belive this car was on the one with project thunder (vauxhall carlton), astra mk3 4x4 and a white 3dr cosworth, 306 dimma.

And from what I've been told through a friend it might have been in one of there magazines too.
Thanks

Nissan sunny gtir
I'd leave it 100% dimma looking cause that's what gives it it's appeal. Will be worth More aswell

Wowzers that's a blast from the 90's past!! I'm not so familiar with Dimma but just the styling etc, just don't see stuff like that anymore. Needs the standard headlights imo but that said, it is what it is and is a VERY rare car......... well worth saving!!

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Thanks lads and yes the majority of the kit will be left as is now however i have come to my decision of what will be happing with it in terms of appearance.
1) Standard headlights/spot lights,
2 ( Wheels back silver
3) Rear spoiler I need to look into this a bit more and see what material it's made from but the idea I had in mind was get the thinckness machined down by 1/2 inch and shortened about 5inches.

Or the other option if the previous option can't be done, keep as is but remove it and standard small spoiler and replace them with a 197/200 style one.

I've attached a pic of the rear so you all can see just how massive the spoiler is especially the thickness.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160510-222059.png
    Screenshot_20160510-222059.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 201
  M3, Cup racer'd 182
Just came from the garage and had a quick look into what material the spoiler is and turns out it's hollow fibreglass, not bigging myself up here but i'm pretty tidy with fibreglass so i definitely be able to get the spoiler trimmed down to a reasonable size.

As for taking the whole thing off and not having one to be honest i dont think it will suit it but who knows until i actually get round to doing it i won't know.

Can anyone recommend a free good photoshop software to use on windows 7 so I can have a play about please, just in case it's against forum rules to share links pm me.

Thanks

That plan for the rear spoiler sounds good, as bonkers as they look with the huge wheels arches etc, the rear spoiler really lets them down. It looks like a real after thought :grimacing:

Passat, hilux
Hi guys we have this Renault Clio Williams dimma. It is registered as a Williams on v5 and has chassis number with C57M in it. The blue seat belts are there but been taken out as broken. The old owner contacted me out of blue via eBay (when I had it advertised) just to say they were happy to see it's still on the go. They told me bit of history and work/money they spent on it and that it was featured in max power magazine when they had it. They only problem is the plaque. It's number 0355 but is a 'replacement' Renault don't have records of which plaques were to which cars and nor do dimma. Any info or ways of confirming thanks

IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0358.JPG
IMG_0357.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I still love them!! iirc they only made either 16 or 18 Williams ones, weird that they never logged which cars were converted :confused:

Passat, hilux
Renault have registered that it's a Williams 1 but what they didn't register was what plaque number went with what car, but at end of day the reg docs proves it's a limited edition 1 not the plaque! Iv now found the dimma plaque after being told where to look lol

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Love dimma kitted valvers thread is full of win and that williams is epic [emoji7]

Don't care what anyone would say or think nowadays I'd still drive one of them daily lol they're cool as penguin piss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Dimma kits just make me shudder. Each to their own and that, but christ they are fugly to look at. The just look cheap and nasty - almost the epitome of what BarryBoydom is all about.

I don't give a flying monkeys what people see me driving in. I'd happily pull up to work in a window-shaking Evo - a Scooby with gold wheels or a clapped-out Cossie with a whale-tail. All would receive a myriad of nasty looks and utter disdain from staff here. But I'd draw a line at this. I would genuinely feel a t**t pulling up in the car-park in one of these.