ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Im back....... with project Zero

225 Cup & Williams
Yeah it looks like an excellent base to work from. I bought one not that long ago for £450 and I was just going to spruce it up and sell it on but it turned out to be a total shed just your luck with cheap cars I suppose.

53 Clio's & counting
Yup, i need to do a load on this one, but im in rush so hopefully it will turn out quite nice in the end :)

Start stripping the interior this weekend i hope

Rb 182
My dad used to work for a company who made (Amongst other things) heat shrinkable plastic tubing for the M.O.D., which is fire/heat proof and I have an umbandance of it, so wiring will be tidied up all over using this - should look quite tidy :)

Gift me some of this :)

I'll send you internetz hero points via paypal??

53 Clio's & counting
Iv gotta dig it out my garage mate (having a bloody great clear out in a few weeks) so remind me in a few weeks and im sure i can help you out :)

53 Clio's & counting
OMP WRC I think it is mate, il check.

Well just got in after a 7 hour round trip, with lots of LOLz in getting this out it's hiding place, but I have returned home with this:

2011-07-16180927.jpg

2011-07-16180934.gif

2011-07-16180942.gif

Oh hai to:

Custom cages cage, with extra cross bars (This is a new cage - it has been fitted but the car has not moved)
FK coilovers
Flocked ph1 dash (complete)
Full loom
Rear bumper
Rear screen
Steering wheel boss (for my new steering wheel)
Plus a few other bits and pieces

Oh and a shell lol

The shell is no use, so will be scrapped, and I will be removing the cage to use in mine.

53 Clio's & counting
No use to me mate, and I dont have the space to fully rebuild it - it is fully bare, no engine/box/entire front end and as you can see on the interior pic no interior either lol

So it is a whole load easier for me to remove the cage and refit it in mine than rebuild that entire car

Cro

Meg'd r27
I'm not sure if its just the photos Russ but that cage looks like it could do with the cross and harness bar being re-done

53 Clio's & counting
He's done it! He's finally gone mentally insane...

Been there for a long time :D

I'm not sure if its just the photos Russ but that cage looks like it could do with the cross and harness bar being re-done

Im not sure how its coming out yet mate, most of it will have to be dismanted but I have inspected this and although it might not look pretty it's bloody strong lol

I would have liked to buy a new cage, but as this is a budget build I need to go with what I can get - and this was a great price :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just cut the roof off. Thats what they do when they re-shell race cars.

53 Clio's & counting
Just cut the roof off. Thats what they do when they re-shell race cars.

Funnily enough Dan, that is an idea iv had, iv got a guy who is doing the welding for me so will be talking it through with him before I do anything :)

53 Clio's & counting
Somebody's on CS haha?

Twas, though thats not how I knew about lol, and it was in a barn, so im classing it as a barn find, lol

Will be using as much of it as I can, also has front subframe, wishbones and ARB and rear axle on it

53 Clio's & counting
that was in piss poor light in my garage which has 1 window the size of a matchbox lol (will PM you shortly btw x)

very glad the whole dash is done, will look good once in

53 Clio's & counting
Lol just a bit ;)

Hoping to have the cage out at the weekend, weather depending, then strippage of the shell through the week, shell gone next weekend, then strippage of mine the following week and then cage in :)

53 Clio's & counting
Yeah looking forward to getting the cage and dash in, as it will be a big step, though iv got a load of wiring to sort and move before the dash is going in :)

Iv also been doing some thinking, and over the past 6 months on and off iv been looking back at my old itb design, and iv come up with a new setup based on the old design.

Iv looked at the weekness's of my old one, work out where to improve and having a think on improving throttle response even more and im 99% sure iv thought of a way to do it - won' know til I try but im feeling another itb'd build coming on......