ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Illustrator Question - HELP!!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I have a semi-circle (arc) - and im trying to make some text fan out of the side of it, like follow the arc shape.

I know you can make the text on the line, but, i will try and explain ehat is happening without images - see;

This is all i can seem to do with it, imagine the left hand side of this forum page was the arc.

this is what my text is doing;

i
l
o
v
e
y
o
u
m
o
r
e
t
h
a
n
i
l
o
v
e
c
a
k
e

but i want it to look like this

i love
you more
than i love
cake

does anybody get what i mean?! LOL

thanks

sam

edit - i cant seem to get more than one letter on the arc, i want to have words on it.

When you select the text, can't you transform and drag it using the little circle in the middle?

Have't got illustrator at home so I'm not sure..

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm not sure I follow your question but to place text onto the arc you use the relevant tool in the text palette. Draw your circle/arc and click this with the type on a path tool.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
type in the normal mode, so your text is coming out like this:

I love you more than I love cake,

But just hit enter after each bit?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
LOL, I have done that, but when typing along a path it wont let you use whole words, it just adjusts each letter to the path individually : (

Arctic 182FF
think i get what you're trying to say...

cs-illustrator.jpg

...you want to go from how it is on the left to how it is on the right??

if so, i made this by drawing the shape on the far right with the pen tool, then clicking near the edge of it with the type tool (your mouse pointer thing should change from a cursor thing in a square to a cursor thing in a circle) and then you can type away within that area :)