ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ilife 08

Anyone upgrade to ilife 08 from the last version?

If so is it worth the wedge, or is the older version worth sticking with?

Cheers:)

182 Trophy
It came installed on my new IMac. Its similar to the last version obviously with different features.

But yes I would buy it.

Black 133 Cup
iLife is great for the money - nothing comes close. Also for simplicity of use and ease of intergration between all it's applications. I don't have the lastest version but the upgrade from '06 was noticable and worth it. Each application is always being updated through Apple Update so if you do ge it and are Internet connected, you'll always have an up-tp-date version. That said if you require video, photo, music etc editing to be completely manipulative, it's worth spending out on Apples premiun programs like FCP, DVD Studio Pro etc.

Formally Clio 182
Wow theres so much chat tonight about Macs!

I have the what now is the old iMac (white one) with iLife 06.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I bought my iMac 10 months ago and I've never even activated my 30 day trial for iLife, is it worth looking at?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have iWork 08 installed and Pages looks like a good word processor, saves me having to use the old version of Word.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Got iLife08 and iWork08.

Haven't used iLife08 yet, but when it installed it needed at least a G5 or Intel processor for iMovie, so it didn't install that.

Have used Pages in iWork08, can't remember how different it was to the 06 version though.

Hang on!
I posted as if it was iWork..

iLife - never really used it.. so dunno if it's worth it or not, haha.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Hang on!
I posted as if it was iWork..

iLife - never really used it.. so dunno if it's worth it or not, haha.

I did wonder when I read your reply which mentioned Pages :D

I agree, iWork 08 is excellent. I've browsed what you get with iLife 08 and there is nothing exciting there that I don't already have a previous free version of anyway.

RenaultSport Clio 172
I got iLife 08 mainly for the new version of iPhoto. I've got thousands of photos on my computer and the way to organise them into events is a blessing from the sky. It makes it much more easy to organise your photos.

There is a nice guided video tour on the Apple website:
http://www.apple.com/ilife/guidedtour/

Renaultsport 220T
I bought it this week.

need to install it this weekend.

You really need a dot mac account to get the best out of iweb etc.

You can now point ur iweb site to another address. Should come in really handy for all my pics.