ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

if you no about clios answer this

clio 172
ok tonight i was driveing my car and driveing fast in the rain .then from no where this noise started it sounds like the engine is hiting the car got out enigine rocks and is hiting car .i have changed 3mounts 2weeks ago so far dogbone under car looks like a dog bone ..the mount under the battery .and the top mount left of the car ...have i missed some sort of lower gear box mount or somethink .enyways i when i changed them my car drove lovely like a new car and still now my car is so smooth when just cruiseing its just when i push the throtel up and down fast the engine bangs aginst the car and i can feel the gear stick moveing around ,.,..,pleases help me

clio 172
i didnt fit them had a garage do it i have serched and could be that the top gear box mount has snaped or somthink ,..is the lower gear box mount dogbone ???

alien green rs133
If your English was correct dear sir, I'm pretty sure someone could help.

Although its hard to come up with a definitive answer to your problem without looking at the car in person. take it to a garage.

BMW 323i Coupe
If your English was correct dear sir, I'm pretty sure someone could help.

Although its hard to come up with a definitive answer to your problem without looking at the car in person. take it to a garage.

Simple diagnosis on my behalf..

Boy racing chav thought he was the dogs b****cks and could do anything, and ended up with a dodgy job done on his car.

alien green rs133
I'm dyslexic but i still manage to proof read posts to make sure they make sense.

Most internet explorers have a spell checker built in :D

clio 172
Simple diagnosis on my behalf..

Boy racing chav thought he was the dogs b****cks and could do anything, and ended up with a dodgy job done on his car.

actully im not a boy raceing chav .and i was just looking for some help.

BMW 323i Coupe
I'm dyslexic but i still manage to proof read posts to make sure they make sense.

Most internet explorers have a spell checker built in :D

Problem is that he changed the mounts on his spell checker the other week and they're bouncing off his CD-Rom now. :eek:

clio 172
I'm dyslexic aswell was doing rely well last year but this year got relly lazy and has got rely bad .its hard to do somethink if you dont no how to some people just dont understand ,

ITB'd MK1
I wasn't taking the piss by the way. I really can't understand what you're asking. Slow down a bit, use some full stops and you'll get some answers. I dont personally care if you can't spell, but i can't read what you've typed

audi a6 3.0tdi
check the lower gear box mount it may well be that causing the problem. Dogbone mounts do wear quick if you hammer it everywhere

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Your symptoms sound identical to mine, which turned out to be me snapping the cambelt cover which is part of the main engine mount.

Click on my username and then click search threads by this user, then click the "seriously help" thread, you'll see what I've done (with pictures) in there. Check yours in comparison.

I'd post a link but I'm on the iPhone.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Right, one a computer now:

Click This

Then go out and check these bolts for any signs of wear and if they have snapped/loosened off.

Although reading back (well trying to) your OP, it sounds like it could be the manifold knocking? Although I'm not too clued up with that tbh...

clio 172
Thanks rob took car garage today . Aparently i have snaped an engine mount totaly off and is being fixed tomoro when the part turns up .Cost is 100pounds

He told me that euro car parts are cheap patern parts .That break relly easy as they are made cheaper with cheaper metals or somthink lol ,,,tbh guys its totaly my falt my friend is going to look at a 172 tonight and i took him round bromly in my car to show him what they feel like .then it started so looks like im not going to drive like a t**t no more .,bdw i had my miltek cat back fitted yesterday aswell and its lovely must say .,

sorry about my spelling :D:rasp:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
why do you put a space before the full stop, and not after?

surely thats nothing to do with dylexia?

megane 285 sport
i had this, (not as bad) on my 172, changed the rubbers in the dogbone mount for poly bush ones, never hit the bulkhead again

2003 clio 172
Does he really need such a hammering for asking for help
yes it's hard to read poorly written posts but we all get panicky and excited when there's an un-nerving noise from the car
any way stop slamming the car around and buy quality parts.... Buy cheap, buy twice !

clio 172
Does he really need such a hammering for asking for help
yes it's hard to read poorly written posts but we all get panicky and excited when there's an un-nerving noise from the car
any way stop slamming the car around and buy quality parts.... Buy cheap, buy twice !

;)Nice one mate welll said. i have to agree with you on that aswell cheap parts are s**t from now on im going to research before i bye ,..cheers for help guys if i can on my phone i will post some pictures of broken part tomoro.