ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If you had the £££ what would you do to yor Clio?

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
I'd probably just increase the handling and performance.

Turbo and ITB's
External wastegate
Standalone management with anti-lag and launch control
Coilies (best money could buy)
lightweight alloys
poly bush everythin possible
carbon adjustable struts front and rear
Ap 4pots rear 6 pots front
quaife ATB and 6 speed sequential box
uprated driveshafts
seam welded chassis
AAS exhaust system and de-cat
AAS Tubular manifold
carbon fibre as much of the interior as possible

The list is probably endless.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Lol, I was going to write something similar. For me it's sell it & buy a vx220 turbo, job done.

I've never understood folk who want to pour a daft amount of money into a car, a couple of grand, fair do's but some spend way more than that.

On another note mate, if (and when) you sell the Phase 1 V6 how much would you sell it for? ;)

I was chatting to Craig the other day- we tossed around a figure of 9750-..

S

172 Silver Cup
a couple of hayabusa engines in it to drive the rear wheels, one for each wheel. the money would be spent on the engineering that would be needed as to get 2 engines working together would be hard I guess! Oh and the rest of the money would go on ear defenders and new pants!

Monaco RS Clio 172
h&r's,
carbon splitter,
trophy wheels,
ktec recessed exhaust with decat,
tart my engine bay up beyond belief,
get bodyshot to sort a few parking dents that I know are there and piss me off when I wax it - and a few minor scratches,
turbo conversion,
performance clutch/flywheel,
4 pots,
recaros,
beautiful roll cage (purely for looks),
probly an entire respray to make it look spot on...

the list is endless I could be here all night long

one day:

outside....
carbon splitter
carbon foglight surrounds
carbon running strip on back bumper
cup racer wing mirrors
refurbed alloys, BMW shadow crome effect
xenon's

tyres/susp/brakes...
vredstein assymetrics
bilstein springs and dampers
brembo grooved high carbons and greenstuff pads

interior...
197 cup recaro's
some nice floor mats

mechanical....
itg maxogen
matched inlets
headwork
182 manifold
decat
k tec stealth
k tec carbon inlet cover

going silly:
supercharger conv
4pots
coilovers

RB 200 Cup!
Just wondering what people would do if they had an unlimited budget for their clio.

I know most people don't see much point in spending lots of money on clios or some people have already done all they want but what about every one else :rasp:

I would:

Lower on coils.
25mm hubcentric spacers.
RS remap.
Power flex bushes to stiffed it right up.
RS Recaros.

:)

when i had my clio if money were no object -turbo'd, h&r's, turinis and stripped - hell yeah!

LY V6 with Recaros
Not much I'd want to do tbh. I'd get the stonechips repaired, possibly an exhaust but I'm still in 2 minds about that.

ive had a change of heart
remap
lower
colour code
xenons
silver dash consol from rs
rs mats
zorst
better brakes
rs wheel
re trim the seats
:D bodykit
rs grill
refurb the wheels

Last edited:
  clio
convert it to a 182 tb lump and all neccessary bits and pieces. and some nice stoppers behind the 2118s. get rid of the sunroof prob as i dont really use it. and some seats to keep me in place. oh and a very strong gearbox and sophie howard to keep me amused in traffic.

96' 1.4 Clio RT & Polo
I'd repair the 1.4 and get it back to 'as new'

then buy a 1*2, 197 and a Williams

As for the repairs, I'd pay to get the training to do it myself aswell

DCi
I'd get inlets done, indcution, then a remap. Eibachs and that would probably be enough. I've done brakes and exhaust already.

Titanium 182
I haven't read through the thread so I'm sure somebody's said it already, but I'd sell it and buy something nicer! :)

I'm happy with the car, but can't justify spending thousands on it when I could change it to something better!

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
With unlimited money, Id be off down to Renault to order a brand new 197 tbh, and then shipping my current Mk3 over to RenaultSport in Dieppe with a blank cheque and a letter saying, please V6 my car, total one off, but leave the paint the same colour :D:D

Realistically though, cos I will be wanting to sell the car on at some point, all that needs doing is light tints on the windows, and refurb & powder coat the wheels. Im considering a remap from K-Tec but still in 2 minds. Its only an extra 10bhp and 17Nm torque or something :S