ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If you could have one thing from the past on your Clio, what would it be?

What would you bring back from the past, and why? For instance:

Cable throttle. For the throttle response

Or

Viscous diff's instead of th electronic stuff as standard fit.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Wikid spoilerzzz innit.

wing-spoiler.jpg

Megane R26
Higher revving engines.
Different (less rank) wheels on regular ph2 172s

Pops and bangs on overrun like 16v 106.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cable throttle was my first thought.

Buuuut, cup holders that work. I had to drive home from McDonald's with one hand. So glad you can pull away in second with these and cruise in 6th

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lighter, smaller, simpler cars. Too heavy and complicated now a days.

+1

too many laws and regulations, especially about safety and emissions.

i want to go back to the 1970s where sex was safe and cars were dangerous!

PB Clio 172
the fun factor of the 5 Turbo- or was it just fun cause I was 19 while my friends were driving in their Nova SR's

Why do so many people think a cable throttle means a better car?
You don't make peak engine power at 100% throttle - the whole reason electronic throttles are used is so the throttle position can be tweaked by the ecu map for best performance. Also f**k going back to days with idle control valves!!!

For me it would be as chip and others have said - bin the health and safety morons off.
Less airbags, power steering, abs etc.. get cars back under a ton, fun and easy to maintain.
205/309 gti FTW!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Why do so many people think a cable throttle means a better car?
You don't make peak engine power at 100% throttle - the whole reason electronic throttles are used is so the throttle position can be tweaked by the ecu map for best performance. Also f**k going back to days with idle control valves!!!

For me it would be as chip and others have said - bin the health and safety morons off.
Less airbags, power steering, abs etc.. get cars back under a ton, fun and easy to maintain.
205/309 gti FTW!

Mines IS under a tonne! ;)

ALY

Focus RS & Clio 172
Neons! Seen them drop in and rapidly out of fashion twice now, mid 90s then again circa 2001ish and never got round to doing it!